Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which country?
Brazil 26 37.14%
Cuba 23 32.86%
Colombia 3 4.29%
Venezeula 6 8.57%
Panama 12 17.14%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 03:43 AM

355 posts, read 1,189,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
comparable as far as both are soverign nations , do you think if ireland had elected a socilist goverment in 1970 , the CIA would have been justified in backing an opposition coup ?

Allende was not a Socialdemocrat or Menchevik, he wanted to implement a Cuban style regime with the help of Castro (his worst enemy) and the USSR.

Pinochet was just an opportunist, he took advantage of public outcries , massive strikes and massive "caceroladas" (women beating their pans) against Allende.

If you ask me who contributed more to mess up Chile and bring Pinochet, first place, Allende. Allende knew that another Cuba was not possible at that time. The second, Castro. Castro was extremely jealous of Allende and he stayed ONE MONTH in Chile on purpose, to mess things up. Castro was jealous of Allende because he wanted to be the only "Lighthouse" of the Americas.

As to the "CIA" involvement in the coup, for every CIA agent there were 10 Cuban agents with tons of money and equipment. Everything is perfectly documented.

The head of Cuban "asesores" were Delaguardia and Piñera, Delaguardia was later shot by Castro (Ochoa case) and Piñera died of a very "strange" accident. You can find a lot of documents about their activities since they used to brag about their activities in Chile while alive.

Last edited by Cocoricoco; 04-29-2012 at 04:01 AM..

Old 04-29-2012, 08:35 AM

37,127 posts, read 39,337,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoricoco View Post
Allende was not a Socialdemocrat or Menchevik, he wanted to implement a Cuban style regime with the help of Castro (his worst enemy) and the USSR.

Pinochet was just an opportunist, he took advantage of public outcries , massive strikes and massive "caceroladas" (women beating their pans) against Allende.

If you ask me who contributed more to mess up Chile and bring Pinochet, first place, Allende. Allende knew that another Cuba was not possible at that time. The second, Castro. Castro was extremely jealous of Allende and he stayed ONE MONTH in Chile on purpose, to mess things up. Castro was jealous of Allende because he wanted to be the only "Lighthouse" of the Americas.

As to the "CIA" involvement in the coup, for every CIA agent there were 10 Cuban agents with tons of money and equipment. Everything is perfectly documented.

The head of Cuban "asesores" were Delaguardia and Piñera, Delaguardia was later shot by Castro (Ochoa case) and Piñera died of a very "strange" accident. You can find a lot of documents about their activities since they used to brag about their activities in Chile while alive.
well, that's interesting. you said this is all perfectly documented, can you point us towards the source?

Old 04-29-2012, 10:56 AM

16,683 posts, read 29,499,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
I was dating a Brazilian woman and we went to a presentation on racism in Brazil at the local university's Latin American Studies center. The presenter was a Black Brazilian and was giving his presentation on Brazilian racism when one of the, perhaps twenty, audience members, a White Brazilian, started yelling at the presenter. At first a word or two, very defiant, then a string of shouts and finally the guy got up and started throttling the presenter. Basically, a brief but violent fight broke out.

When the dust settled, I asked my GF exactly what happened since I don't understand much Portuguese, she explained that the White guy was very adamantly denying the existence of racism in Brazil and was accusing the Black guy of being a communist traitor trying to disrupt the social and racial harmony of Brazil.
After being a resident of Brazil for several years--hearing about an incident like this does not surprise me one bit.

"Sweep under the rug." "Blinders on." "Create an illusion."

Old 04-29-2012, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buahh View Post
----

I've been in the two places and I visit Cuba frequently. White Cubans in Miami are "progressive" and "Affirmative Action Extremists" compared to White Cubans in Cuba.

In Miami, people are influenced by Civil Rights and Affirmative Action, and some of the Icons of the exiled community are blacks, such as the deceased Celia Cruz.
Really?

Old 04-29-2012, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Jamaica and Haiti are not Latin American countries.
Haiti is, ain't it?

Old 04-29-2012, 11:07 AM

There's a lot of documentation about the activities of Departamento America (Cuba) in Chile.

If you want more detailed info, you will have to buy the book of Jorge Masetti.

Amazon.com: In the Pirates Den: My Life as a Secret Agent (9781594030482): Jorge Masetti: Books

The person that knows more about the Soviet (Cuba) implication in Chile nowdays is Marambio, he was writing a book about it.

Last edited by Cocoricoco; 04-29-2012 at 11:18 AM..

Old 04-30-2012, 07:12 PM

1,512 posts, read 8,164,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Jamaica and Haiti are not Latin American countries.
You are wrong, read a book before you make a claim.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:33 PM

10,639 posts, read 16,019,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwarky View Post
You are wrong, read a book before you make a claim.
What is a book? What time do you live in?
I made a mistake, Haiti is a Latin American country but Jamaica is not!

Old 05-01-2012, 04:54 AM

Davy

You were right.
Haiti is not a Latin American country, notwithstanding the fact that it was once a French colony and the richest land on the world. They should coin another classification, "Afroamerica?"

Jamaica is not Latin America either.

Old 05-01-2012, 05:42 AM

12,600 posts, read 9,384,085 times
the author's question is innately racist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas