U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-03-2012, 03:36 PM
 
14,253 posts, read 15,331,065 times
Reputation: 13682

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Now you are just making yourself look silly.

Using thousands of soldiers, tanks, machine guns, ships and aircraft to subdue and overwhelm and then hold at their will, 2000 peaceful civilians, is not self defense. It's an invasion.
Remember, Argentina had a rather nasty military dictatorship at the time. What they tried to do to the people who lived in the Falklands is precisely what they had done to their own people.

Unlike the Argentinian people, the Falklanders could at least rely on the protection of their own government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-03-2012, 03:39 PM
 
61 posts, read 56,150 times
Reputation: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
Show us Factual evidence from globally recognised organisations to support your case then please
You asked a globally recognized organizations that support Argentina.

I had shown that UNASUR supports Argentina.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
1. An organisation that has repeatedly stated and again in this statement supports the Argentine claim. That is not an unbiased article and doesn't show evidence of the dates and details you have given us.
So you discredit the Union of South American Nations because "repeatedly stated and again in this statement supports the Argentine claim"???

Well, it seems that "repeatedly" means strong support from a "globally recognized organization"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2012, 03:49 PM
 
5,663 posts, read 4,374,276 times
Reputation: 5614
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorPsico View Post
You asked a globally recognized organizations that support Argentina.

I had shown that UNASUR supports Argentina.

So you discredit the Union of South American Nations because "repeatedly stated and again in this statement supports the Argentine claim"???

Well, it seems that "repeatedly" means strong support from a "globally recognized organization"
No, i didn't... It seems you got your 'facts' wrong'. This is what i said:

"When presented with documented facts you rubbish them and infer that the documents released by the United Nations are the "British side". Show us Factual evidence from globally recognised organisations to support your case then please.

You list dates of occurrences, fair enough. You've also said that Wikipedia is unreliabe, ok... Please list your sources, references and links to appropriate data, so we can read first hand the information that you are giving us. Without us seeing it for ourselves we can only assume what you say is opinion rather than facts.


Prove us wrong, don't just say we are especially as your not willing to accept our evidence."


At no point did i ask for support shown to Argentina or opinions. So, again, could you please provide your references, links and other sources of data?

Factual evidence is not the same as support. I asked for evidence that supports "your case" (as your quote of mine said) not for support to Argentina from other nations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2012, 03:51 PM
 
61 posts, read 56,150 times
Reputation: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Britain did the Argentinian people a favour. Thanks to us, you finally managed to get rid of the generals. You should be grateful.
Britain is responsible of the dictatorship itself. Before the war Thatcher proudly called that scum "our dictators", and for "our" she meant the British.


We should be grateful? We have a pile of bodies, and I'm not speaking of the war, but of the innocent civilians whose assassinations were mandated by your country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2012, 03:53 PM
 
61 posts, read 56,150 times
Reputation: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
No, i didn't... It seems you got your 'facts' wrong'. This is what i said:
Yes, you did. This is what you said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
Show us Factual evidence from globally recognised organisations to support your case then please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2012, 03:58 PM
 
14,253 posts, read 15,331,065 times
Reputation: 13682
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorPsico View Post
Britain is responsible of the dictatorship itself. Before the war Thatcher proudly called that scum "our dictators", and for "our" she meant the British.


We should be grateful? We have a pile of bodies, and I'm not speaking of the war, but of the innocent civilians whose assassinations were mandated by your country.
The 'dirty war' started in 1976. Margaret Thatcher did not become prime minister until 1979. Please explain how Britain is responsible for the dictatorship and just how Britain 'mandated' any assassinations in Argentina.

Alternatively, this could be just another of your fantasies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2012, 03:58 PM
 
5,663 posts, read 4,374,276 times
Reputation: 5614
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorPsico View Post
Yes, you did. This is what you said:
"Your Case", not for Argentina, to support what you've said, to support your given 'facts'......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2012, 04:03 PM
 
61 posts, read 56,150 times
Reputation: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
The 'dirty war' started in 1976. Margaret Thatcher did not become prime minister until 1979.
That's non relevant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Please explain how Britain is responsible for the dictatorship and just how Britain 'mandated' any assassinations in Argentina.
That would be off topic, so I will only tell you that Britain and USA planned, implemented, supported and coordinated all the dictatorship in South America at the time.

The School Of The Americas -today renamed Western Hemisphere Institute for "Security" Cooperation- was the genocides and torturers training center.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2012, 04:08 PM
 
5,663 posts, read 4,374,276 times
Reputation: 5614
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorPsico View Post
That's non relevantThat would be off topic, so I will only tell you that Britain and USA planned, implemented, supported and coordinated all the dictatorship in South America at the time.

The School Of The Americas -today renamed Western Hemisphere Institute for "Security" Cooperation- was the genocides and torturers training center.
I'll ask again: "Please list your sources, references and links to appropriate data, so we can read first hand the information that you are giving us."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2012, 04:10 PM
 
14,253 posts, read 15,331,065 times
Reputation: 13682
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorPsico View Post
That's non relevant
In other words, you don't have an answer


Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorPsico View Post
That would be off topic, so I will only tell you that Britain and USA planned, implemented, supported and coordinated all the dictatorship in South America at the time.

The School Of The Americas -today renamed Western Hemisphere Institute for "Security" Cooperation- was the genocides and torturers training center.
You raise the subject now you tell us it is off topic

Then you make an assertion but fail to support it with any proof of any kind (like the last one).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top