U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Most Beautiful Women in Latin America (PICK 4!)
Cuban 26 16.05%
Dominican 31 19.14%
Puerto Rican 36 22.22%
Mexican 42 25.93%
Guatemalan 7 4.32%
Salvadoran 8 4.94%
Honduran 9 5.56%
Nicaraguan 6 3.70%
Costa Rican 17 10.49%
Panamanian 13 8.02%
Colombian 70 43.21%
Venezuelan 51 31.48%
Ecuadorean 8 4.94%
Peruvian 10 6.17%
Bolivian 8 4.94%
Chilean 17 10.49%
Argentinean 47 29.01%
Uruguayan 14 8.64%
Paraguayan 10 6.17%
Brazilian 92 56.79%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-22-2013, 09:40 PM
 
Location: Brasil
31 posts, read 99,079 times
Reputation: 35

Advertisements

I am brasilian and my vote went to Brasilians, Paraguyans, Costa Ricans and Mexicans

 
Old 02-22-2013, 09:46 PM
 
Location: Brasil
31 posts, read 99,079 times
Reputation: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barzie View Post
Brazilian women are so hyped, they are not all that attractive to be honest, they look too masculine for me and just not my type, their body figure many have is just too disgusting, they have body-builder thighs.
Those Brasilians are from the lower class, they are obsessed with bodies like that but white Brasilians are very pretty and have a nice body

lower class is pardo/black and it's their black culture to have that obsession, don't pin it down to all the Brasilian population
 
Old 02-22-2013, 09:54 PM
 
Location: Brasil
31 posts, read 99,079 times
Reputation: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio84 View Post
I

I don't doubt the average Mexican-American is majority European. Take George Lopez as an example. I can definitely see how anyone will confuse him with whites; after all, he is more European than Native American.

The DNA proves that he is whiter, like most Mexicans in the US. Since you like to post pictures, care to post one of Lopez?
The DNA company he used is out of date with their samples, that is why he came out more European, in reality he is more Amerindian and Jessica Alba would be around 70% European, George Lopez would be about 60% Native American

I don't think he is saying majority of the mexican-americans are majority European but that they are genetically more European than Native American which I agree, there have been tons of genetic studies done on Mexican-Americans and they are all on average more European.

I do find the videos he posted to be truthful on what you see in those areas he mentioned, I have been to Texas and California and those videos are very representative of the Mexicans from those areas.

On 23andme, the company where I got tested, they give very accurate results, the Mexican-Americans by majority score more European than Native American, only a minority have been scoring more Native American than European. I don't think you understand how genetics work nor are you into anthropology like I am, maybe you just trying to portray mexicans as more native american because of what you see on your TV? not sure but I have been to those areas he mentioned and he has been posting accurate videos of what the mexicans there look like.
 
Old 02-22-2013, 11:09 PM
 
154 posts, read 355,973 times
Reputation: 100
Default this are 100% mexican girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antillano89 View Post
I wouldn't call Mexicans ugly or anything, but no one is gonna convince that me that they're better looking than Costa Ricans, Uruguayans, Chileans, or Spanish Caribbeans, etc. I bet most of the people voting here have never been outside of their own country, let alone traveled throughout Latin-america. And this forum is very US-centric so all they know is Mexicans anyway.


http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9soSHZnZUw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTL-C_30A2U


GENTE TIPICA DEL NORTE DE MEXICO (Typical People of the north of Mexico) - YouTube


BELLEZAS MEXICANAS PARTE 1 - YouTube


Northern Mexican Girls 2 - YouTube


Mexicanas Famosas y Bellas, mujeres sexys -parte 2. - YouTube


Bellezas de Mexico III - Mexican Girls - Iran Castillo - YouTube


Gente de Jalisco 2 - YouTube


LOS ALTOS DE JALISCO 2011 - YouTube


BELLEZAS ALTEÑAS LOS ALTOS DE JALISCO - YouTube


Mujeres de Jalos - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTL-C_30A2U

Last edited by unitedstatian; 02-22-2013 at 11:19 PM..
 
Old 02-22-2013, 11:32 PM
 
Location: Brasil
31 posts, read 99,079 times
Reputation: 35
Very beautiful girls, those are the type I saw when I traveled to Sonora and Jalisco. That is why I voted for Mexico, now I will be traveling to Mexico again soon, hopefully to more states
 
Old 02-23-2013, 12:10 AM
 
Location: Miami
195 posts, read 296,359 times
Reputation: 243
Haha there's pretty and ugly people everywhere, this sounds like the special olympics.
 
Old 02-23-2013, 12:20 AM
Status: "Then everything change forever..." (set 11 days ago)
 
5,166 posts, read 8,017,583 times
Reputation: 4264
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouGaucho View Post
The DNA company he used is out of date with their samples, that is why he came out more European, in reality he is more Amerindian and Jessica Alba would be around 70% European, George Lopez would be about 60% Native American

I don't think he is saying majority of the mexican-americans are majority European but that they are genetically more European than Native American which I agree, there have been tons of genetic studies done on Mexican-Americans and they are all on average more European.

I do find the videos he posted to be truthful on what you see in those areas he mentioned, I have been to Texas and California and those videos are very representative of the Mexicans from those areas.

On 23andme, the company where I got tested, they give very accurate results, the Mexican-Americans by majority score more European than Native American, only a minority have been scoring more Native American than European. I don't think you understand how genetics work nor are you into anthropology like I am, maybe you just trying to portray mexicans as more native american because of what you see on your TV? not sure but I have been to those areas he mentioned and he has been posting accurate videos of what the mexicans there look like.
I wouldn’t depend on the 23andme samples to be suggestive of the genetics of entire populations, since those samples are relatively small. I too got tested with them, but it would be far fetch to assume that because the average X type of person on 23andme has certain percentages, that it reflects the true racial mixture of the typical person in X or Y place.

As of October 2012, 23andme had 180,000 individuals in their database. In all likelihood, Mexicans and Mexican-Americans probably make up less than 1% of all individuals tested; which is quite dismal considering there are over 31 million people living in the US that are of Mexican-descent or Mexican immigrants themselves. Too small of sample size to use as evidence of what the average Mexican-American or Mexican immigrant is made of.

However, according to the Mexican Genome Project, which was funded by the Mexican government in order to discover what is the population-wide genetic reality; the average Mexican mestizo is 65% indigenous, 34% white, and 1% black.

Also, other studies that have been done by independent researchers can’t be taken with much greater legitimacy than the Mexican Genome Project for the following reasons:

1. The Mexican Genome Project is the most complete in terms of sample size and widespread testing ever done on the Mexican population.

2. Different independent studies have only coincided in that the typical Mexican has a very small African component, but whether they are majority white or indigenous depends on the study, because not all studies got the same number of samples and not all samples were from the same set of cities. Basically, it’s a population size problem, similar to the 23andme problem when it comes to drawing conclusions on the Mexican population. However, this shouldn’t even be a problem since the Mexican Genome Project eliminates the sample size problem due to its very large and widespread sample size.

Lastly, I’ve been to various states in the southwestern US. I’ve seen plenty of Mexicans there as well as in Florida, the few that live in my area, and the Mexicans I came across in my trips to various parts of that country. Plus I have Mexican acquaintances and had Mexican friends when I was in school. I know what the typical Mexican-American and Mexican immigrant looks like, because I’ve seen them with my own eyes. I don't need photos or videos.

Last edited by AntonioR; 02-23-2013 at 12:44 AM..
 
Old 02-23-2013, 04:53 AM
 
Location: Brasil
31 posts, read 99,079 times
Reputation: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio84 View Post
I wouldn’t depend on the 23andme samples to be suggestive of the genetics of entire populations, since those samples are relatively small. I too got tested with them, but it would be far fetch to assume that because the average X type of person on 23andme has certain percentages, that it reflects the true racial mixture of the typical person in X or Y place.

As of October 2012, 23andme had 180,000 individuals in their database. In all likelihood, Mexicans and Mexican-Americans probably make up less than 1% of all individuals tested; which is quite dismal considering there are over 31 million people living in the US that are of Mexican-descent or Mexican immigrants themselves. Too small of sample size to use as evidence of what the average Mexican-American or Mexican immigrant is made of.
Of course it is because all those mexicans and mexican-americans are not even the "elite", and since you are implying the majority of the mexican and mexican-american population is more amerindian then on 23andme, majority would come out with more amerindian ancestry and not the opposite lol. It is as if you were trying to prove me majority of the African Americans are more European but the small percentage of them from 23andme score the opposite, it wouldn't match with what you are saying. So yes, 23andme is represenative of the mexican and mexican-american population of 23andme.



Quote:
However, according to the Mexican Genome Project, which was funded by the Mexican government in order to discover what is the population-wide genetic reality; the average Mexican mestizo is 65% indigenous, 34% white, and 1% black.

Also, other studies that have been done by independent researchers can’t be taken with much greater legitimacy than the Mexican Genome Project for the following reasons:

1. The Mexican Genome Project is the most complete in terms of sample size and widespread testing ever done on the Mexican population.

2. Different independent studies have only coincided in that the typical Mexican has a very small African component, but whether they are majority white or indigenous depends on the study, because not all studies got the same number of samples and not all samples were from the same set of cities. Basically, it’s a population size problem, similar to the 23andme problem when it comes to drawing conclusions on the Mexican population. However, this shouldn’t even be a problem since the Mexican Genome Project eliminates the sample size problem due to its very large and widespread sample size.
I heard about the Mexican Genome Project and it is not very represenative because they gathered majority of the samples from two very indigenous communities in Mexico, thus the Amerindian would go up by a lot given that the Amerindian population of Mexico is close to pure. The results won't reflect the real percentage of Mexico since the Amerindian population of Mexico is fairly small making up 9% of its population while their white population is up to 15%, why didn't Mexico test an European community just like they did with their indigenous?

And you are wrong about your percentage, the study didn't show them being 65% Amerindian, the study said they were 55% Amerindian. Here it is:

Basically corrobarates what we should all know already; Mexicans overall are a mix of European (41.8% +/- 1.55) and Amerindian (55.2% +/- 1.54) ancestral components with smaller amounts of African admixture (1.8% +/- 0.35) all three of which vary considerably accross the country. Although only 6 states were sampled, the study shows a clear gradient regarding admixture proportions (European towards the north and the west; Amerind towards the south an east). African admix reaches it's highest levels in the coastal states of Veracruz and Guerrero; virtually all of the individuals with a markedly strong pull towards the African cluster are from these two states (check out figure 2A in the research paper). This study is pretty recent (2008) and was elaborated by researchers from Mexico's National Institute of Genomic Medicine (INMEGEN).


But this study done by American Society of Human Genetics shows it differently
According to a paper presented by the American Society of Human Genetics Mexicans were found to be 58.96% European, 36.05% Asian (Amerindian), and 5.03% African. Sonora shows the highest European contribution (70.63%) and Guerrero the lowest (51.98%). In Guerrero one also observes the highest Asian (Amerindian) contribution (37.17%). African contribution ranges from 2.8% in Sonora to 11.13% in Veracruz. Sixty percent of the Mexican population was classed as mestizo (Amerindian-Spanish), 30% as mainly Amerindian ancestry and 10% as white.


Quote:
Lastly, I’ve been to various states in the southwestern US. I’ve seen plenty of Mexicans there as well as in Florida, the few that live in my area, and the Mexicans I came across in my trips to various parts of that country. Plus I have Mexican acquaintances and had Mexican friends when I was in school. I know what the typical Mexican-American and Mexican immigrant looks like, because I’ve seen them with my own eyes. I don't need photos or videos.
I have also been to them, I have family in Long Beach, lots of Brasilian there and I didn't see what you saw. I know what the typical mexican and mexican-american population of the USA looks like because I have seen it with my own eyes and I don't need to get my head fed by you. I don't get fooled by people like you which is a good thing I do travel a lot around with world with my parents
 
Old 02-23-2013, 06:24 AM
 
83 posts, read 423,212 times
Reputation: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio84 View Post
I have been to Medellin, but I don't consider that area to have more beautiful women than in other parts. That could be because to me beauty has nothing to do with how white a person looks or is, but apparently to you it does. Colombian women are quite hot looking and that bothers you so much. At the same time you are bothered that people in the US think of Mexicans as looking more indigenous than you would like.

I say you are either close to Mexicans and have something against Colombians.
i am not mexican you idiot, I have traveled all throughout Colombia, Mexico, and the USA apart from some European countries, you cant fool anyone with your "beautiful" colombians lmfao you can only fool those who havent traveled there but not us who has been there


Quote:
That's great for Europe, but most Colombians live in the Americas and well, over here they are known for their hotness. The poll clearly shows this and so does popular opinion and those of us that have seen them in the US and been to Colombia, also tend to agree.
Colombians in the USA are not even know for their hottness , where in the world are you coming up with that? LMFAO most Americans think everyone who speak Spanish come from Mexico and are mexicans, stop sounding pathetic, I have been to the East Coast and no one thought about Colombians being hottness, that is only in your tiny peanut brain


Quote:
All the photos and videos you posts will not change what I have seen. Its similar to what you say how Colombians are seen in Europe and yet, it differs so much from the Americas.
The difference between me and you is that I have traveled and you havent, stop it already you clown, you are only making me laugh, I have been to Colombia plenty of times and you cannot change my mind about Colombians, nuff said clown



Quote:
I don't need to stoop that low as to pretend that showing a bunch of select pictures and videos will actually prove anything. The people here have voted (I guess they are all a bunch of clowns too for voting much more in favor of Colombians than Mexicans ) because most of us live in the Americas, in fact in the USA. We know what we mean when we say that Colombian women are quite hot, even hotter than Mexican women. Its based on what people see, that's all. Some of us have even been to Colombia and see it with our own eyes. Very beautiful women. According to the City-Data forums, Colombian women are even better looking than Mexican women. If you don't believe this, look further up where the poll is. Reality as clear as gin.
LMFAO majority of the voters have never ever been to Colombia, end of story, I have been to Colombia and mexican women are much hotter, I dont know why reality bothers you too much? I believe you are just into ugly women with a fat head lmfao sorry kid but we have different taste in women


Quote:
I don't doubt the average Mexican-American is majority European. Take George Lopez as an example. I can definitely see how anyone will confuse him with whites; after all, he is more European than Native American.

The DNA proves that he is whiter, like most Mexicans in the US. Since you like to post pictures, care to post one of Lopez?
the DNA company Geroge Lopez used is not accurate you dumb moron, shows how much you know about genetics, he is pred Native American and nothing else, he isnt what the average mexican from the southwest even looks like, end of story clown


Quote:
I never said they are in central Mexico, but I have been to several towns in central Mexico, such as Guanajuato. Heard of that place?
Guanajuato isn't even a town you dumb fool, its a state, nowhere near a town and yes I have been there, I use to study in that state when I was younger.


Quote:
Almost everyone in this thread has been talking about how they look in the US and in their respective countries, except for you who keeps claiming what they look like in Europe and want to impose that view. If that is what you want to do, you are free to do so, but no one here agrees with you and that should be a hint as to not only who is making a fool of himself here, but also how much people on this side of the Atlantic value what Spaniards think.
No one has mentioned here about how mexicans look, you are the one coming here saying they look like Geroge Lopez on average LMFAO **** outta here you dumb clown, I have been to the Southwest and I know how the mexicans there look like, many can pass as South Europeans and even in Slavic countries, but most still look like mestizos and not Amerindian you lame clown. Actually there is someone here who seems to agree with me, show me a person here who agrees with you? that is right, there is no one here LMFAO dumb clown
 
Old 02-23-2013, 10:14 AM
Status: "Then everything change forever..." (set 11 days ago)
 
5,166 posts, read 8,017,583 times
Reputation: 4264
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouGaucho View Post
Of course it is because all those mexicans and mexican-americans are not even the "elite", and since you are implying the majority of the mexican and mexican-american population is more amerindian then on 23andme, majority would come out with more amerindian ancestry and not the opposite lol. It is as if you were trying to prove me majority of the African Americans are more European but the small percentage of them from 23andme score the opposite, it wouldn't match with what you are saying. So yes, 23andme is represenative of the mexican and mexican-american population of 23andme.
In all likelihood there are probably many more African Americans that got tested in 23andme (especially since for a time they were even testing African Americans for free) than Mexican-Americans or any other Latino group. And the vast majority of people that has tested with 23andme are whites due to the very accurate results that company produces regarding diseases and the risk of inheriting/getting infected with them.

23andme has too small of a population sample in order to make any viable conclusions about entire populations. As time goes on and more people get tested, then the 23andme samples will become much more believable because they will reflect reality and not a sample bias. Take for example how the addition of new DNA data allowed 23andme to adjust the racial composition of many of its clients, for the most part reducing the European component and increase either the African or Native American or some other component. These adjusted less European results are much more reliable than the original ones and its proof of two things: (1) There is a population bias in the 23andme test and is due to the too small sample size, and (2) As more people get tested in 23andme, reality for entire populations also comes to light.

Since you are so confident on the 23andme sample size, tell everyone here how many Mexican-Americans and Mexicans have been tested in 23andme. I have never seen this number, but I'm willing to be its not enough to make reliable conclusions about that or any other population group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouGaucho
I heard about the Mexican Genome Project and it is not very represenative because they gathered majority of the samples from two very indigenous communities in Mexico, thus the Amerindian would go up by a lot given that the Amerindian population of Mexico is close to pure. The results won't reflect the real percentage of Mexico since the Amerindian population of Mexico is fairly small making up 9% of its population while their white population is up to 15%, why didn't Mexico test an European community just like they did with their indigenous?
The Mexican Genome Project was done based on Scientifically accepted practices, not like 23andme where its all arbitrary considering that their purpose is not to determine the genetic composition of entire populations, but rather the genetic composition of whatever individuals want to know that information in addition to their disease risks. Their population samples encompassed many regions within Mexico, which is why they also discovered that the further north in Mexico the more European the genetics become while the further south its more Native American.

23andme lends itself to the biased sample and too small sample size problem, at least for those people that want to take the 23andme results and then extrapolate and apply them to entire communities. I don't really understand why you are having such a hard time with this. Its among the most basic things that are taught in statistic courses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouGaucho
And you are wrong about your percentage, the study didn't show them being 65% Amerindian, the study said they were 55% Amerindian.
In this book: Essentials of Genomic and Personalized Medicine, nn page 211 it says, and I quote: "In general, 65% of Mexican ancestry can be traced to indigenous populations and 35% is due to non-indigenous groups (African, Asian, and European).

I don't know why you have such an interest in whitening the Mexican population when the largest genetic study ever done not just in Mexico, but in any of the Latin American countries, clearly shows an indigenous predominance in the typical Mexican mestizo. Its this study the one that is being used by the Mexican government and Mexican doctors in order to better serve the needs of its people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouGaucho
I have also been to them, I have family in Long Beach, lots of Brasilian there and I didn't see what you saw. I know what the typical mexican and mexican-american population of the USA looks like because I have seen it with my own eyes and I don't need to get my head fed by you. I don't get fooled by people like you which is a good thing I do travel a lot around with world with my parents
Congratulations. I, however, travel on my own and as of late, with my girlfriend. Its part of the benefit of being an independent adult and having a good career that allows me to pay for these things.

I think I'm beginning to see where the issue lies with some of the people posting in this website. Many of you are probably just kids or teenagers. With this assumption, many things here are actually starting to make sense. lol

Last edited by AntonioR; 02-23-2013 at 10:23 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top