U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most Beautiful Women in Latin America (PICK 4!)
Cuban 26 16.05%
Dominican 31 19.14%
Puerto Rican 36 22.22%
Mexican 42 25.93%
Guatemalan 7 4.32%
Salvadoran 8 4.94%
Honduran 9 5.56%
Nicaraguan 6 3.70%
Costa Rican 17 10.49%
Panamanian 13 8.02%
Colombian 70 43.21%
Venezuelan 51 31.48%
Ecuadorean 8 4.94%
Peruvian 10 6.17%
Bolivian 8 4.94%
Chilean 17 10.49%
Argentinean 47 29.01%
Uruguayan 14 8.64%
Paraguayan 10 6.17%
Brazilian 92 56.79%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-23-2013, 10:36 AM
Status: "Then everything change forever..." (set 11 days ago)

5,167 posts, read 8,017,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barzie View Post
i am not mexican you idiot, I have traveled all throughout Colombia, Mexico, and the USA apart from some European countries, you cant fool anyone with your "beautiful" colombians lmfao you can only fool those who havent traveled there but not us who has been there
Of all the people that have said that they've been to Colombia, you are the only one that claims that country is filled with ugly people. (Well, SouGaucho also said that, but I suspect that account could be a sock puppet. He joined City-Data yesterday initially to side with Barzie. Hm...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barzie
Colombians in the USA are not even know for their hottness , where in the world are you coming up with that? LMFAO most Americans think everyone who speak Spanish come from Mexico and are mexicans, stop sounding pathetic, I have been to the East Coast and no one thought about Colombians being hottness, that is only in your tiny peanut brain
OK, whatever you say. You know more than people like me, that live on the east coast.

Quote:
the DNA company Geroge Lopez used is not accurate you dumb moron, shows how much you know about genetics, he is pred Native American and nothing else, he isnt what the average mexican from the southwest even looks like, end of story clown
I guess that would make him closer to the average Mexican mestizo, as per The Mexican Genome Project funded by the Mexican government. Did you know its the largest genetic testing project ever done in Latin America?

Quote:
Guanajuato isn't even a town you dumb fool, its a state, nowhere near a town and yes I have been there, I use to study in that state when I was younger.
Oh yes, you used to study in that state. I guess this goes along with all your suppose visits to Colombia, right?

Guanajuato City Government

Guanajuato has been a city since 1741.

Last edited by AntonioR; 02-23-2013 at 10:45 AM..

Old 02-23-2013, 10:58 AM

195 posts, read 296,359 times
Yeap Barzie and sougoucho are probably the same person. I bet they are posting from the US and not from Brazil or Mexico. They sound like a typical case of trolling, racist and dellusional.

Guys I think it's time for us to stop feeding the trolls.

Old 02-23-2013, 04:25 PM

31 posts, read 99,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio84 View Post
In all likelihood there are probably many more African Americans that got tested in 23andme (especially since for a time they were even testing African Americans for free) than Mexican-Americans or any other Latino group. And the vast majority of people that has tested with 23andme are whites due to the very accurate results that company produces regarding diseases and the risk of inheriting/getting infected with them.

23andme has too small of a population sample in order to make any viable conclusions about entire populations. As time goes on and more people get tested, then the 23andme samples will become much more believable because they will reflect reality and not a sample bias. Take for example how the addition of new DNA data allowed 23andme to adjust the racial composition of many of its clients, for the most part reducing the European component and increase either the African or Native American or some other component. These adjusted less European results are much more reliable than the original ones and its proof of two things: (1) There is a population bias in the 23andme test and is due to the too small sample size, and (2) As more people get tested in 23andme, reality for entire populations also comes to light.

Since you are so confident on the 23andme sample size, tell everyone here how many Mexican-Americans and Mexicans have been tested in 23andme. I have never seen this number, but I'm willing to be its not enough to make reliable conclusions about that or any other population group.

Actually not at all, there is more Latinos especially Mexicans and Mexican-Americans that have gotten tested. According to Your Genetic Genealogist the ethnic breakdown of 23andMe customers are:

1000 African American
3500 Latino/Hispanic
5500 East Asian
3400 South Asian
4900 Southern European
6200 Ashkenazi Jewish
56,000 Northern European
1,000 First generation from two continents

of course it is and like I mentioned, if the mexican and mexican-american population in the USA are more Amerindian then there is no way this group of mexicans and mexican-americans from 23andMe are scoring more European LOL don't tell me 23andMe is racist and only accepts the light skin mexicans and mexican-americans to take part? In fact the most European mexicans and mexican-americans have come from the Southwest of the USA while the most indigenous ones who have been tested are coming from the East Coast which is is very represenative of what I have seen, the mexicans and mexican-americans from the East Coast are more Amerindian while the ones in the Southwest are more European on AVERAGE.

Quote:
The Mexican Genome Project was done based on Scientifically accepted practices, not like 23andme where its all arbitrary considering that their purpose is not to determine the genetic composition of entire populations, but rather the genetic composition of whatever individuals want to know that information in addition to their disease risks. Their population samples encompassed many regions within Mexico, which is why they also discovered that the further north in Mexico the more European the genetics become while the further south its more Native American.

23andme lends itself to the biased sample and too small sample size problem, at least for those people that want to take the 23andme results and then extrapolate and apply them to entire communities. I don't really understand why you are having such a hard time with this. Its among the most basic things that are taught in statistic courses.

In this book: Essentials of Genomic and Personalized Medicine, nn page 211 it says, and I quote: "In general, 65% of Mexican ancestry can be traced to indigenous populations and 35% is due to non-indigenous groups (African, Asian, and European).
Mexican Genome Project tested only one region in Northern Mexico and about three or four in Southern Mexico, the study wont come out very representative since they should've gotten more Nothern Mexican states but as a whole only 300 appreciated which is not very accurate, 300 out of the 120,000,000 population that they have lol, there are more mexican and mexican-americans on 23andMe then their whole 300 appreciates.

That study you just quoted was done in 2005 which is very old and outdated, the genetics advanced and become more accurate throughout the years, my goodness you don't know anything about genetics it is obvious, you do not know how much it has changed throughout these years and how better and accurate it has gotten, stop being a foolish person.

This study done by the American society of Human Genetics is very recent and nothing old
According to a paper presented by the American Society of Human Genetics Mexicans were found to be 58.96% European, 36.05% Asian (Amerindian), and 5.03% African. Sonora shows the highest European contribution (70.63%) and Guerrero the lowest (51.98%). In Guerrero one also observes the highest Asian (Amerindian) contribution (37.17%). African contribution ranges from 2.8% in Sonora to 11.13% in Veracruz. Sixty percent of the Mexican population was classed as mestizo (Amerindian-Spanish), 30% as mainly Amerindian ancestry and 10% as white.

It goes well with the recent study Geno 2.0 made about Mexicans, Geno is a Genographic Project

Quote:
I don't know why you have such an interest in whitening the Mexican population when the largest genetic study ever done not just in Mexico, but in any of the Latin American countries, clearly shows an indigenous predominance in the typical Mexican mestizo. Its this study the one that is being used by the Mexican government and Mexican doctors in order to better serve the needs of its people.
I am not trying to white wash Mexico because for one I wouldn't be winning anything and secondly I am not even from there, I am very into genetics and have been studying it for years while you haven't, you just don't know anything about genetics at all especially knowing how you got an outdated study. If you didn't know, if the Amerindian samples that they get are not PURE, the Amerindian in Mestizo will go UP, they need to get their Amerindian samples PURE so they can receive a more accurate results, back then it wasn't that way because in 2005 nobody knew that LOL my goodness start studying genetics instead of pulling everything out without known anything.

I have studied genetics since the age of 15 years old, you haven't studied anything about it in your entire life. Not all studies are accurate since I can show you many studies showing mexicans to be around 17% African, those studies were also done on 2003-2005 LOL now since the studies have been getting accurate, the results are going to change, I feel like my IQ falls with your stupidity of not knowing anything.

Old 02-23-2013, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hold on to the Nights View Post
Yeap Barzie and sougoucho are probably the same person. I bet they are posting from the US and not from Brazil or Mexico. They sound like a typical case of trolling, racist and dellusional.

Guys I think it's time for us to stop feeding the trolls.

interesting, I guess my Facebook has been lying to me all along, can you tell me why does it say I am located in Brasil??

Old 02-23-2013, 04:30 PM

Interesting also, I wonder why 23andMe has Brasil as my first match if I am an American

Old 02-23-2013, 06:35 PM

4,811 posts, read 4,431,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barzie View Post

I have family in New York and they never refer to Colombian women as hottness LMFAO what comes to mind is drugs, crimes, Pablo Escobar and the cocaine dumbass
Damn, are you latino Barzie? I hope not, I would only expect to hear a comment like that from a narrow minded red neck. And yes, Colombian women are very beautiful, so are Mexicans and all Latinas.

Old 02-23-2013, 06:46 PM

83 posts, read 423,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Damn, are you latino Barzie? I hope not, I would only expect to hear a comment like that from a narrow minded red neck. And yes, Colombian women are very beautiful, so are Mexicans and all Latinas.
i am not latino, I am from Europe but live in the USA as of now not European as in white, but European as in I was born in Europe, both parents are mixed, I identify myself as a proud black man

Old 02-23-2013, 08:29 PM

7,554 posts, read 2,425,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
What the hell? My father is pardo, and his culture is Brasilian. Considering you're from Brasil, you should know that Brasilian music and culture has a lot of African roots. You sound dumb.
For me, it's the African and mixed ones that I find most beautiful. Not that there aren't beautiful white Brasilians as well...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or