U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-21-2012, 05:14 AM
 
6,349 posts, read 8,392,028 times
Reputation: 1768

Advertisements

C'mon Brazil is going to dominate this forum.

We need a Brazil subforum in the Americas. Who is with me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-21-2012, 06:54 AM
 
Location: Vineland, NJ
8,483 posts, read 10,465,793 times
Reputation: 5401
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
C'mon Brazil is going to dominate this forum.

We need a Brazil subforum in the Americas. Who is with me?
You guys just got the Americas forum. I'm pretty sure the sub-forums will be coming soon, so just give it some time. Also I do agree that a Brazil sub-forum is definitely needed. Brazil is way too big of a country to not have its own sub-forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2012, 11:02 AM
 
Location: Macao
15,945 posts, read 36,159,509 times
Reputation: 9478
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
C'mon Brazil is going to dominate this forum.

We need a Brazil subforum in the Americas. Who is with me?
I'm just thankful to have an Americas Forum!

That being said, yeah, Brazil!

But, yeah, I imagine in time, it'll probably happen. But probably not that strongly needed as of yet.

The only concern I have is if 'Americas' adequately draws in people interested in Brazil, etc. The name still sounds a bit too geared towards the United States, and might even attract those U.S. vs. others types of threads...as opposed to being just South America/Central America/Carribbean-related topics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2012, 12:08 PM
 
Location: Sunshine Coast, BC
10,791 posts, read 7,687,910 times
Reputation: 17728
A Brazil sub-forum would come about due to there being a lot of threads on Brazil, not the size or population of the country. It's strictly data-driven. If Brazil threads dominate, I'll make the suggestion to the Administrator. But I wouldn't want to ask that just yet, we just got the new forums


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
I'm just thankful to have an Americas Forum!

That being said, yeah, Brazil!

But, yeah, I imagine in time, it'll probably happen. But probably not that strongly needed as of yet.

The only concern I have is if 'Americas' adequately draws in people interested in Brazil, etc. The name still sounds a bit too geared towards the United States, and might even attract those U.S. vs. others types of threads...as opposed to being just South America/Central America/Carribbean-related topics.
Ooops, have I made a boo-boo? I just moved a couple of those "US vs. X" type threads here - I'm open to suggestions and still trying to figure out where some of the less-than-obvious subjects go - would you prefer they remain in the general World forum?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2012, 05:18 PM
 
Location: Macao
15,945 posts, read 36,159,509 times
Reputation: 9478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vichel View Post
Ooops, have I made a boo-boo? I just moved a couple of those "US vs. X" type threads here - I'm open to suggestions and still trying to figure out where some of the less-than-obvious subjects go - would you prefer they remain in the general World forum?
I'd be in favor of them in the main forum.

They seem more appropriate there, as they seem to get most attention by North Americans/Europeans/Aussies, etc. than people interested in Latin America.

Maybe 'Latin America' instead of 'Americas'? Just to not attract too many US/Canada threads.

Just my thought anyways....looking at wikipedia it would generally be the better catch-all phrase. I had some ambiguity with that including Central America and Carribbean, but it looks like it does.

Skips a few like Belize, Jamaica, but it seems it would be understood by others that they'd by default still go under a 'Latin America' heading. I think people interested in Mexico would just use the Mexico Forum, but a 'Latin America' might include Mexico in comparing with others. Just my thought anyways.

Wikipedia defining the term 'Latin America':

Source: Latin America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


Just my own input anyways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2012, 10:38 PM
 
Location: In the heights
22,145 posts, read 23,656,611 times
Reputation: 11621
I wish there was an option to see all the posts from all the world forums collated together--or at least the ones for the various continents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2012, 10:53 PM
 
6,349 posts, read 8,392,028 times
Reputation: 1768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vichel View Post
A Brazil sub-forum would come about due to there being a lot of threads on Brazil, not the size or population of the country. It's strictly data-driven. If Brazil threads dominate, I'll make the suggestion to the Administrator. But I wouldn't want to ask that just yet, we just got the new forums




Ooops, have I made a boo-boo? I just moved a couple of those "US vs. X" type threads here - I'm open to suggestions and still trying to figure out where some of the less-than-obvious subjects go - would you prefer they remain in the general World forum?
I understand what you are saying, but already half the threads in the frontpage of this forum are about Brazil. I understand waiting to see if it keeps up, but im betting it is going to dominate this forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2012, 02:00 AM
 
Location: Macao
15,945 posts, read 36,159,509 times
Reputation: 9478
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
I wish there was an option to see all the posts from all the world forums collated together--or at least the ones for the various continents.
Subscribed Forums does that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2012, 06:54 PM
 
Location: Brasilia
196 posts, read 360,043 times
Reputation: 88
I second that! Want to speak Portuguese here too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2012, 09:30 PM
 
Location: Macao
15,945 posts, read 36,159,509 times
Reputation: 9478
Quote:
Originally Posted by antma robel View Post
I second that! Want to speak Portuguese here too.
All we really need is enough interest. People creating threads based on Brazil, and people replying on things based on Brazil.

It seems we do have enough with the interest for that to happen...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top