Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2007, 11:35 AM

1,512 posts, read 8,167,631 times

Advertisements

Which of the two cities listed, Sao Paulo and Houston, is the most diverse and accepting city of interracial relationships?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2007, 04:33 PM

2,806 posts, read 16,369,396 times
Kind of a weird comparison. Is there a story here or are you just going to leave us hanging?

Old 10-15-2007, 06:10 PM

104 posts, read 449,924 times
Considering the majority of Brazilians are mestizos or mulattos, I'd think Sao Paulo. But IDK.

Old 10-15-2007, 10:55 PM

5,764 posts, read 11,373,540 times
These places have a few things in common, they are both in the western hemisphere. And they both have plenty of air pollution. And they both get quite a bit of rain.
SP is at about 3500' elevation surrounded by higher plateaus and mountains, Houston is surrounded by coastal flatlands.
SP is the economic capital of Brazil and one of the largest cities on the planet with over 20 million in the metro area. Houston is the second largest metro in TX with a lot of petrochemical plants nearby.
SP has nice weather almost year round, almost never need any heat or air conditioning. Houston, run the AC at least 6 months a year, and the heat a few months too.
SP has the largest number of Japanese origin people of anyplace outside Japan. Large numbers of almost every race or origin on the planet, plus many a combination of two or three different ethnic origins.
I'm lost as to what the point of this thread is.

Old 10-16-2007, 02:27 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,436,860 times
well I've never been in houston so I can't speak much about it but Brazil is a very diverse country with lots of people from diferent races and it's unbelievable the way people mixes here, people don't really care about the race stuff and Sao Paulo is full of people from other parts of the world, if you are planning in visiting/moving maybe you should check curitiba too, it's a nice small city like 1 million inhabitants which has the most efficient bus network in the world, good luck

Old 06-29-2014, 01:59 PM

222 posts, read 579,060 times
i believe sao paulo but who knows, but as far as i have read Sao paulo is very diverse not on a NYC level more like Rio, melting pot type of level.

Old 06-29-2014, 02:06 PM

222 posts, read 579,060 times
1 million inhabitants in the city aint small plus you got to take into account Sao Paulo greater metro area into consideration that very well probably affects Curitiba. I would love to visit both, and even live in Sao paulo because I know it would be an all together different experience than the USA. The sheer size of the city would be intimidating but not to the point i would not want to live there but to the point it would provide a rather challenging experience, then it also has a safari located within the city I have never been to a city of this size and caliber so yeah i would love it if I could stay here for more than two or three years maybe for the rest of my life.

Old 06-29-2014, 06:50 PM

1 posts, read 2,067 times
Having lived in both cities, Sao Paulo easily wins in terms of social acceptance.

Old 09-26-2015, 11:46 AM

1 posts, read 1,562 times
Sao paulo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas