Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 07:25 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,397,426 times

Advertisements

Since when is Spain in Latin America???

Old 02-25-2013, 09:29 PM

154 posts, read 454,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hold on to the Nights View Post
Unitedstatian if you want to kNow what those countries produced then you can Google them like you did with Mexico.

You must be from Mexico so I understand you think the only thing produced in South America was Cumbia, Vallenato and Samba. Those of us from South America have exchanged music for many years.

I have to say though that most people know about Tango, so I'm surprised you included Argentina in your list.

One of my favorite styles is zamba Ecuador has probably some of the best bolero singers like Julio Jaramillo but they also have plenty of traditional andean music. Venezuela has plenty of styles like llanero(musica llanera)
i thought tango, was a dance.

Old 02-26-2013, 01:24 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,119,365 times
To be honest, I like very little of "traditional" Latin American music (salsa, merengue, etc.). However, I do like some Latin American music with influences from Anglo - European pop music:

Colombia:

Fanny Lu ft Dalmata - Ni Loca - YouTube

Puerto Rico:

Daddy Yankee - La Despedida - YouTube

Argentina:

Andres Calamaro - Los chicos (Video clip) - YouTube

Old 02-26-2013, 03:33 PM

2,947 posts, read 2,915,169 times
tvdxer, Calamaro is OK, but if you want to hear really great argentine rock/pop try Luis Alberto Spinetta (and his former bands Pescado Rabioso, Almendra, or Invisible), Charly García (and his former bands Sui Generis, Serú Girán), Soda Stereo (and Gustavo Cerati solo work), Redonditos de Ricota, Sumo, Divididos,etc.

Old 02-26-2013, 03:47 PM

2,947 posts, read 2,915,169 times
I give you some samples:

Luis Alberto Spinetta:

Almendra:

spinetta - (almendra) muchacha ojos de papel) - YouTube

Pescado Rabioso:

SPINETTA - BAJAN - YouTube

Invisible:

El anillo del Capitán Beto - Invisible - YouTube

Solo work:

Luis Alberto Spinetta - Quedandote O Yendote - YouTube

Charly García:

Sui Generis:

Sui Generis Cancion para Mi Muerte - YouTube

Serú Girán:

Seru Giran - Desarma y Sangra - YouTube

Solo work:

Charly García - Yendo De La Cama Al Living (MTV Unplugged) - YouTube

Soda Stereo:

Soda Stereo - En La Ciudad De La Furia - YouTube

Gustavo Cerati:

Gustavo Cerati - Puente - YouTube

Redonditos de Ricota:

Todo un palo - Los redondos - YouTube

Sumo:

Heroina - Sumo - YouTube

Divididos:

Divididos - Sisters - YouTube

Old 02-27-2013, 01:17 AM

83 posts, read 517,787 times
Why are some of you posting artist sing some other non-latin american music like pop? Also Puerto Rico's reggaeton is not originally from that island, we Jamaicans gave it to Panama and our descendants turned it into Spanish Reggae. Puerto Rico has no music of their own, they are always stealing other countries genres.

Now if we are talking about Latin American artist then the best come from Argentina, Brazil, Mexico and Colombia, the only countries that really produce quality singers.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:05 AM

6,940 posts, read 9,676,262 times
Merengue Tipico

Tatico Henriquez

Tatico Henriquez- Comiendo Gallina - YouTube

Old 02-27-2013, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barzie View Post
Why are some of you posting artist sing some other non-latin american music like pop? Also Puerto Rico's reggaeton is not originally from that island, we Jamaicans gave it to Panama and our descendants turned it into Spanish Reggae. Puerto Rico has no music of their own, they are always stealing other countries genres.

Now if we are talking about Latin American artist then the best come from Argentina, Brazil, Mexico and Colombia, the only countries that really produce quality singers.
I thought it was about countries original music too.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitedstatian View Post
I thought it was about countries original music too.

Molotov - Frijolero - YouTube

celso piña-cumbia sobre el rio - YouTube

Old 03-01-2013, 06:56 AM

3,977 posts, read 6,784,942 times
Brazil, of course.

But I'm sure people won't agree, because people don't know Brazilian music. People only know a few Bossa Nova artists, and that's all.

The diversity of Brazilian music is astonishing. Brazil is a cauldron of musical creativity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas