Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2013, 09:03 AM

3,379 posts, read 5,536,326 times

Advertisements

It isn't evidence that a large proportion of Americans travel overseas just because you meet a lot of them in other countries. The USA is a very populous nation-your anecdotes don't mean much. You have to look at it per capita.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2013, 08:42 PM

530 posts, read 1,359,859 times
I'm a young American (21) and I don't really desire to leave the US.

The US is huge with all different types of cities and landscapes. Why leave?

I've left the country a few times and the only type of environment that the US doesn't have is a full-out "3rd world experience" (like parts of India, parts of SS.Africa, Bangladesh, etc). Other than that, your covered.. (for the most part)

Old 10-01-2013, 08:48 PM

3,379 posts, read 5,536,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrestigiousReputability View Post
I'm a young American (21) and I don't really desire to leave the US.

The US is huge with all different types of cities and landscapes. Why leave?

I've left the country a few times and the only type of environment that the US doesn't have is a full-out "3rd world experience" (like parts of India, parts of SS.Africa, Bangladesh, etc). Other than that, your covered.. (for the most part)
Incredible. You haven't left the country, have you?

It's everyone who hasn't left that says these things, and the people who have left generally seem to enjoy travelling overseas.

Old 10-01-2013, 09:56 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,482,709 times
The Europeans travel more because they are many small countries close together, America is one big country with many states. Traveling from one state to another is similar to Europeans traveling similar distances.

Why should anyone care whom travels where? I certainly don't care if foreigners travel to the US. If they do fine, if they don't that's fine as well....I'm not gonna get upset over things I cannot control.

Old 10-02-2013, 12:34 AM

1 posts, read 1,306 times
Your all discussion is really good.And its reality that there are different reasons behind this that our young don't travel to other country.

Old 10-02-2013, 02:23 AM
FBF

601 posts, read 932,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
The Europeans travel more because they are many small countries close together, America is one big country with many states. Traveling from one state to another is similar to Europeans traveling similar distances.

Why should anyone care whom travels where? I certainly don't care if foreigners travel to the US. If they do fine, if they don't that's fine as well....I'm not gonna get upset over things I cannot control.
It is fine for you to stay in the states but to claim that each state is like another country is stupid!

It does not provide expanding your horizons nor experience culture shock travelling state to state the way international travel does.

But alas, do what you please.

Old 10-02-2013, 06:38 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:

Culturally and mentally it is in no way comparable.

Old 10-02-2013, 07:49 AM

4,505 posts, read 6,482,709 times
Quote:
Culturally and mentally it is in no way comparable.

....So what?

Now you want to force your culture on us?

We have enough to deal with and our country is very geologically diverse. Americans are more integrated racially and ethnically than any other country....We don't need your cultural lessons.....

You insult us but cry that we don't visit your countries.... Hmmmm!

You should be glad that stupid, uncultured people aren't swarming over your countryside.

Old 10-02-2013, 09:31 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
....So what?

Now you want to force your culture on us?

We have enough to deal with and our country is very geologically diverse. Americans are more integrated racially and ethnically than any other country....We don't need your cultural lessons.....

You insult us but cry that we don't visit your countries.... Hmmmm!

You should be glad that stupid, uncultured people aren't swarming over your countryside.

? I'm American. No one is wanting to force anything, but not seeing the benefits of experiencing other cultures is, well, inexplicable. And if you don't visit other cultures, how could you possibly compare our racial/ethnic integration?

Perhaps yours was a joke post.

Old 10-02-2013, 10:25 AM

6,904 posts, read 7,605,159 times
They do. What an odd question.

One niece and nephew of mine lived in France for 4 years as children, then in high school they each spent a semester living with a host family in Japan and going to school there. Their family in turn hosted students from Japan.

They've recently graduated from college so are just getting their feet into the working world - so they don't have the time or money to travel now. They will later. Oh - my nephew in this family did go on vacation to Puerto Rico, which is very distant from their home on the American West Coast.

One of my other nephews has been travelling in the Middle East and Africa for the past 6 months. It has been interesting to get his perspective on things - the news makes things seem so dramatic, but he is just living among normal people and says he has observed no conflict.

Travel is always a matter of economics. I'd say those who don't travel just can't afford it, but most wish they could.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas