Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2013, 07:31 PM

1,267 posts, read 3,074,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
The part of the story not told is why did the white boy suddenly begin a diatribe against blacks. Something happened. And it has been omitted. Yes, it was omitted because otherwise the story doesn't make sense. I realize it doesn't matter. There will always and forever be something. It was "feeding the trolls". One thing that can be guaranteed and it won't happen in our lifetime and that is the percentages will change. It won't be 12% much longer. When the majority is reversed, whitey better run for the hills because it will not be a good time. How many times will people hear "pay back time..." and the cheering from the majority will be deafening. You will be so proud. Whoopee, yippee and rah rah rah.
WOW

When has this ever happen in modern times? When has this happen in history?

I have never heard a black person say " Wait until the minorities become the 51+% percent. Oh yeah... they gonna get it...muahuahuahua"

Please stop being paranoid

Old 11-21-2013, 07:43 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,384,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthSojourn View Post
So you've been co-op?
I said, know your audience before responding. Do you know what I mean by that?

Old 11-21-2013, 09:17 PM

10,072 posts, read 14,952,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I like anyone who knows the bush family history should have no sympathy for him or his treasonous family! How is it that the most powerful man in the free world was only a "C" student in college? How can you be in charge of the most powerful military in the world, send them to a bogus war but be too much of a coward to serve yourself and at the same time take credit for an ill concieved victory?

The Bush Family: Four Generation…

I will agree with in regards to Obama, but unlike you I was not too suprise since he was "chosen" from the very begining just like Bush was. I will give him some credit for at least giving an impression that he actually cares about the American people. Many of the things that he campaigned on were averted by the political nature of the beast which is Washington. I will fault him for not being forthright with the American people as to why he was made to change course.
Not to defend Bush, but I remember a conversation with a former university professor and the various classmates about the weight certain grades have in certain schools. Lets just say that being a C student in an Ivy League is seen as different from a C student in some other university, and usually to the advantage of the Ivy League student.

In fact, this happens even in high school. I also remember my guidance counselor convincing me that I should take advance placement courses (eventually took a few) because, among other things, the grades have much greater 'weight.' In other words, a C in an AP course is seen more as a B in a regular course and a B in an AP course is equivalent to an A in a regular course. I also remember that by the time I started college, I already had a few credits applied towards my degree from the AP courses I took in high school, which was pretty cool.

So yes, Bush was a C student, but I think he went to Yale University and that, my friends, makes a big difference; for better or worse.

Old 11-21-2013, 09:20 PM

10,072 posts, read 14,952,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
If you have to ask...

Gentoo, I have been reading your posts for some time now (actually, you're one of my most favorite C-D members). You are much smarter than this and I'm hoping you are simply pretending not to get it.

Old 11-21-2013, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
If you have to ask...

Gentoo, I have been reading your posts for some time now (actually, you're one of my most favorite C-D members). You are much smarter than this and I'm hoping you are simply pretending not to get it.
Damn You. I have my own version of running people in circles but you blew it for me

Old 11-22-2013, 12:29 AM

1,682 posts, read 3,297,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
That is the main probelm whenever someone on CD tries to explain racial relations in this country. In some parts of the country where there are very few blacks the majority (usually whites) tend to make sweeping judgements on all black behavior based on what they see in the media. Others who live in harmony with blacks could have the veiw that there is nothing wrong in race relations based on their area.

I lived in an area where blacks were doing bad statistically but rarely complained (Pittsburgh). I have also lived where blacks were doing better economically, politically and socially and had many other probelms (Atlanta). I have seen places where one more racial incident would cause a riot (Cincy). I have also lived in places near military bases where racism is rarely seen. I think alot of race relations in this country is regional, depending on the majority and who is the minority.
You hit the nail on the head. The way racism is percieved is different in many parts of country. Especially in areas where theres alot of Black immigrants(Like NYC and Miami), where there's often ethnic tensions between different Black groups. Like I saw quite a bit of ethnic tension between Haitians and African Americans in Miami that I would never see living on the West Coast.

Even the Ethiopian immigrants in So Cal try to fit into the Urban African American culture, lol.

But I'll say this about Blacks and Latinos in this country being more openly racist, while Whites will keep it under the table because of the PC culture.

Old 11-22-2013, 08:15 AM

36 posts, read 34,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
No, explain what youn mean. Spell it out.

Old 11-22-2013, 08:41 AM

2,982 posts, read 4,099,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
Here is an interesting article based on a poll done in the US where a significant percentage, even among AA's, claim that African Americans are more racist than whites and Hispanics.
I can't comment on whether blacks are more racist than whites or hispanics (I hate making blanket statements about anything), however it would seem that black racism is much more tolerated by society than racism by any other ethnic group.

Old 11-22-2013, 08:55 AM

10 posts, read 20,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
I swear, we are obsessed with race around here. people don't choose their color they are just born with it.

I agree

Old 11-22-2013, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthSojourn View Post
No, explain what youn mean. Spell it out.
Do your own research.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas