Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2013, 05:20 PM

485 posts, read 2,245,872 times

Advertisements

I would like to go to a place you know, to meet new people, make new friends. I would also really like to find a girlfriend.

I want to know which of the countries would have these girls and people who would be open minded. Be you know easy to make friends. Well usually if the people are friendly that must mean the women are too and more approachable. I am a Mexican-American and my first language is Spanish if you need to know.

When I mean easy girls, I don't mean easy to have sex and get in the sack. I am not so interested in easy sex, more interested in dating and have some more sincere genuine relationship. The countries I was considering are

Mexico
Costa Rica
Panama
Colombia
Venezuela
Brazil
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2013, 11:16 PM

6,385 posts, read 11,886,305 times
Well Brazil would be tough for language and Venezuela is hard to suggest at least for now, but why not try each of the others and see what you like? My guess is you will find some cities or areas where people seem more welcoming or less welcoming, but overall it will be about the same for what you seek on average in each country. Maybe Mexico would be the easiest for location and comfort with the culture, not to mention your Spanish probably will fit in a little better there. Elsewhere they just might assume you are Mexican and you won't get the little extra attention you'd get if they assumed you were from the US.

Old 11-20-2013, 08:38 AM

195 posts, read 441,349 times
I suggest you your own roots. Mexico.

Old 11-26-2013, 06:56 PM

728 posts, read 974,917 times
Besides Mexico, I'd say the most ideal place for you would be the USA. Since that is off the list though, I hear Costa Rica is quite the place to be.

Old 11-26-2013, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
Well Brazil would be tough for language and Venezuela is hard to suggest at least for now, but why not try each of the others and see what you like? My guess is you will find some cities or areas where people seem more welcoming or less welcoming, but overall it will be about the same for what you seek on average in each country. Maybe Mexico would be the easiest for location and comfort with the culture, not to mention your Spanish probably will fit in a little better there. Elsewhere they just might assume you are Mexican and you won't get the little extra attention you'd get if they assumed you were from the US.

So you're saying that if I had a gringo accent, the south americans would like that? Hmm...I was actually thinking it would be easier in South America since I would've appeared as exotic or something. I guess it's because most South Americans are poor, they couldn't care less about that and they care much more about having a job and bread on their table.

From what I hear I guess I will try Mexico.

Old 11-26-2013, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNative2891 View Post
Besides Mexico, I'd say the most ideal place for you would be the USA. Since that is off the list though, I hear Costa Rica is quite the place to be.
I was really considering Costa Rica and Panama, as those two places sound great

Hmm...In Mexico, I wonder where in Mexico.

Old 11-26-2013, 11:45 PM

1,250 posts, read 1,488,691 times
Just a tip: the reason you don't have a girlfriend isn't because your nationality isn't exotic.

Old 11-27-2013, 03:26 AM

2,351 posts, read 7,091,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseanto071 View Post
I was really considering Costa Rica and Panama, as those two places sound great

Hmm...In Mexico, I wonder where in Mexico.
Why don't you like fellow Mexicans ?

Old 11-27-2013, 11:51 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
Colombia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas