U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 12:16 PM

1,480 posts, read 2,308,885 times

Advertisements

The Spanish language TV Channel produced in America for people from Mexico is really sad and funny at the same time. It in no way shows the Hispanic people in most of Mexico the way they really are.

First, there is basically no dark skinned Mexican Indians on TV. The people on all the shows are very light skinned and look more like someone you would see in Madrid Spain than in Mexico City.

Second, the typical low key relaxed Mexican Stereotype is not shown. Instead, they are very excited and Latin in their behavior. The women all dress like prostitutes and are so excitable.

Finally, there seems to be no real news. Just lots of talk about how terrible American Immigration laws are. Production values are over the top. What a sad state of affairs!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2014, 12:42 PM

8,483 posts, read 10,486,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
The Spanish language TV Channel produced in America for people from Mexico is really sad and funny at the same time. It in no way shows the Hispanic people in most of Mexico the way they really are.

First, there is basically no dark skinned Mexican Indians on TV. The people on all the shows are very light skinned and look more like someone you would see in Madrid Spain than in Mexico City.

Second, the typical low key relaxed Mexican Stereotype is not shown. Instead, they are very excited and Latin in their behavior. The women all dress like prostitutes and are so excitable.

Finally, there seems to be no real news. Just lots of talk about how terrible American Immigration laws are. Production values are over the top. What a sad state of affairs!
There's always Univision, Telemundo, and Globo TV for alternatives.

Old 04-09-2014, 01:05 PM

852 posts, read 810,417 times
Quote:

Why should a tv show made in the U.S. For Mexican U.S. Residents should reflect how Mexicans live in Mexico and not their modus vivendi in The U.S.?

Second paragraph is true for all latinamerican TV. But if you believe that every single Mexican has to look indigenous, than you may also believe that Muslims are terrorist and that Jews control the world. Although I'm pretty sure you already do.

Third paragraph, what makes you and expert on Mexican behavior? The comment about women on TV wearing skimpy outfits I've found it to be mostly true. One word; ratings.

Last paragraph, funny that you've got that perception of Hispanic media news. I won't argue that, since I believe it's partly true but, when you watch American TV, it is as biased as it can ever be. All you see is the perennial fight between democrats who wants to destroy America by sharing the wealth, vs warmonger angry white republicans stuck in the past. Or how every other country and his brother are looking for ways to attack you guys.

Old 04-09-2014, 01:57 PM

5,085 posts, read 9,109,551 times
What channel are you talking about? Do you realize much of the content is not made in the US?

Old 04-09-2014, 02:07 PM

1,083 posts, read 1,447,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztecgoddess View Post
Second paragraph is true for all latinamerican TV. But if you believe that every single Mexican has to look indigenous, than you may also believe that Muslims are terrorist and that Jews control the world. Although I'm pretty sure you already do.
I think what the OP is just trying to say is that dark skinned Mexican's are under represented on TV, which they are. I didn't see no pun intended on their part.

Old 04-09-2014, 04:28 PM

1,267 posts, read 2,484,284 times
Quote:
What Spanish language produced in America? You dont even say. Made for Mexico? You do realize there are many Latin Americans from other countries here right?

Quote:
Have you ever been to Madrid? Again what Spanish TV and why would it represent the population of Mexico if it is also for other Latin Americans in the U.S that are not from Mexico? You do realize that in this western dominated world light skin is favored over dark skinned all over the world right? Whether is in Japan, China, India, Africa, Europe, Latin American. Everywhere! Even the United States. Oh hey what about Hispanic representation in American channels then? Hispanics make a big sizable population but yet only make a minority! Get out of here

Quote:

You said it yourself "stereotype". End of discussion. Again the Spanish channels dont only target Mexican audience

Quote:

Oh yes because American news are all truthful and serious huh? Oh yeah American television is the greatest. Hunny Boo Boo, Jersey Shore, Real Housewifes, Kim Kardashians, Gossip, Plastic Surgery, Stereotypes. Trust me on this one. American television is poop yet why noy make a thread about it?

what is wrong with women having fun and dressing in sexy clothes. If they are having fun in their job then power to them. its nice to look at. you like them to be quite and serious? go to the libary or something.

Last edited by Almeida93; 04-09-2014 at 04:44 PM..

Old 04-09-2014, 08:12 PM

1,178 posts, read 1,335,940 times
Quote:

If you're talking about Telemondo, not all the actors come from Mexico, that studio tends to mix it up with Latinos from all over Latin America.

Old 04-10-2014, 08:03 AM

196 posts, read 360,627 times
For what I've seen and read through a lot of fóruns in the internet Mexicans ( and that is a negative surprise for me ) are the most racist people in Latin América. Strange behavior for a people basecally composed by mestizos...

Old 04-10-2014, 08:24 AM

1,480 posts, read 2,308,885 times
I think that in most of Latin America they like to see their population as European, not dark skinned Indian people, so nearly everyone in magazines and on television is very white. While a good percent of the population is brown.

Old 04-10-2014, 08:41 AM

1,267 posts, read 2,484,284 times
Quote:
I think that in most of Latin America they like to see their population as European, not dark skinned Indian people, so nearly everyone in magazines and on television is very white. While a good percent of the population is brown.
Nope that is the elite that does. White Latin American control the media. Brown Latin American can't do nothing just like Americans can't do nothing abou the trash that rich media studios put on tv. Don't blame it on the people
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas