Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 10:49 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,104,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by etek View Post
It is possible that someone is trying to make this assassination look like it was done by Hezbollah. Why jump to conclusions so fast? A prosecutor probably has lots of enemies.
This isent Mexico .... law enforcement, prosecutors, etc in southern South America are generally clean and legit. The Chilean Carabineros (national police) for instance pride themselves on their integrity.

Nisman was assigned to this particular case for almost a decade, I don't believe he worked any other cases during this period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2015, 11:09 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,966,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricOldTime View Post

My wife doesnt think she's going to be able to survive this in office her last year and may end up being forced to step down. This is VERY VERY bad for Argentina. When a leader resigns, it plunged the country into chaos. Remember, after the resignation adn subsequent fleeing of "La Rua" Argentina had "6" president appointed, and then resign in one week.....one of which being "Duhalde"
Another "de la Rua" fiasco is possible. She probably already has an helicopter reserved for fleeing.

This is just terrible. It makes you wonder what they are trying to hide. I think Argentina and Mexico's population are fed up with their corrupt governments because their corruption is ridiculously obvious.

Old 02-02-2015, 12:10 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,245,978 times
Yeah as if this wasn't enough....

Someone stole a military vehicle with an anti-tank missile, a live missile from a military installation just outside of LaPlata near Buenos Aires.

Unbelieveable as if crime wasn't bad enough, now they even steal missiles and military hardware. The military says it's inoperable without the specific launcher and noted they haven't noticed any "recent shortages" of any launchers. Ahh well isn't that wonderful...I feel safer already LOL. How can they be so inept to allow something like this to even happen!!??

Desapareció un misil antitanque de una unidad del Ejército - 17.01.2015 - lanacion.com *

Old 02-02-2015, 05:21 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,473,423 times
Argentina has so much potential. Its government is so messed up. They have no entrepreneurial environment. It should be one of the wealthiest south american countries with highest living standard.

Old 02-03-2015, 02:55 AM

491 posts, read 752,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
Argentina has so much potential. Its government is so messed up. They have no entrepreneurial environment. It should be one of the wealthiest south american countries with highest living standard.
anyone here voting for mauricio macri? or is the opposition lead by someone else atm?

Old 02-05-2015, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPilot View Post
anyone here voting for mauricio macri? or is the opposition lead by someone else atm?
They are all perronista, what choice does Argentina ever really have? My guess is it will be either Macri or hte governor of Buenos Aires Province "Daniel Scioli"

Old 03-10-2015, 02:58 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,802,696 times
The truth of what happened to Alberto Nisman probably died with him.

Iran, the Nisman Murder, and the Future of Jewish Life in Argentina - The Tower - The Tower

Old 03-11-2015, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
This isent Mexico .... law enforcement, prosecutors, etc in southern South America are generally clean and legit. The Chilean Carabineros (national police) for instance pride themselves on their integrity.

Nisman was assigned to this particular case for almost a decade, I don't believe he worked any other cases during this period.
Are you kidding me, you obviously haven't lived in this country ever? I mean...you can't POSSIBLY be talking about Argentina right? Only Chile I hope..... The judicial system and law-enforcement in Argentina is "absolutely rampant" with corruption and bribery....it's totally corrupt....totally.

Actually you're quite misinformed...MOST law-enforcement in most south-american countries are known for courruption and bribery, some to varying worse degrees than others. Bolivia and Venezuela are borderline rediculous corruption.....really they ( SA countries ) all are, especially if you don't have alot of money LOL. The judicial system is all full of activists, exremists and political hacks and half of the police force works with the criminals....everybody can be bought and paid. If you have an issue and you have cash, it's easy to get off the hook here. Or, here in Arg, it's very common, they don't have the actual purpotrator of the crime, they go out and find one and falsely accuse. Happens all the time here, especially in the poor, to poor middle classes. They'll just launch an "allanamiento" ( police raid ) at a house of a known criminal, whether he's guilty or not...who cares right? He's a criminal so we'll just blame him. This happens all the time here in Argentina. Wealthy family? son commits a crime, murder? many cases, throw a few thousand pesos to the local "fiscal" or court judge....off the hook. Called "coimes" here in Argentina...

The police here do shakedowns too: They'll bust a couple of crooks, and tell them. "Ok, we know you did it, now you share part of the loot and part of what you stole and we won't take you to jail, if not we'll break your legs and haul you in and make sure you spend alot of time behind bars"....very common as well. My wife and I, our good freinds that recently returned to the US, they were robbed twice in 2 weeks last July, come to find out it was the local police who were involved in the crime and they threatened him and his family, that's why they left.

Chile and Uruguay could be some potential exceptions, but even so, the corruption exists there as well... Actually "Los Carabineros" of Chile, who do you think did all of Papa Pinochets dirty work during the coup? MANY of them were part of the secret police force that Pinochet used to round up dissidents to send to torture chambers and gulags in dungeons in the old Nat'l stadium off of "Ave Grecia" in Santiago. The next time some of you are visiting Santiago Chile, walk down Ave de Grecia and visit the nat'l soccer stadium there. During the coup that was a place of "torture and death" for many chileans during the coup..... it's a terrible place. When I lived in Santiago, I lived near there and used to walk by that stadium every morning.

I'm routinely surprised as too how much miss-information floats around on this forum about various countries, especially south-american countries as to what life is really like down here......many of you ( not all ) couldn't be further from the truth and it's obvious you haven't really lived here or spent any real time here. And, frankly, with some of you I'm afraid to say your naivety is dangerous and presumptuous, not all but some.

Estado Nacional de Chile, Ave de Grecia...

Last edited by EricOldTime; 03-11-2015 at 09:36 AM..

Old 03-11-2015, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPilot View Post
Macri will be the next president of Argentina...I almost guarantee it....within a probability of 90%. Massa is a knucklehead and Scioli is part of the "K" camp so he's damaged goods..

I agree Schmo... the truth is hard to come by in Argentina....we'll never really know...

Old 03-11-2015, 06:27 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,790,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post

Argentina and Brazil are some of the most corrupt countries in Latin America. Nepotism is a huge problem in those countries.

Argentina always ranks with a very high corruption index.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas