U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2015, 05:08 AM

5 posts, read 9,388 times

Advertisements

I've only been to one Latin American country, so yeah..I wanted answers from people who've traveled or at least have more knowledge then me.

Top safest countries. Okay more like countries with least violent crimes.

Top countries with highest standard of living

Top countries with best education

Top most developed countries(I think this is the same with standard of living, right? If so, then you don't have to answer).

Top countries with most white/European descended people.

Top countries with most black/African descended people. (I'm just curious, as I've never traveled throughout Latin America).

Top countries with most attractive women(in your opinion)

Top ethnically diverse countries.

You don't have to answer with all Latin American countries. Just the ones you've been to or have knowledge of.

these are questions I wanna know. I know I can look online, but I want answers from people with experience. Also, do you really think Cuba has a very high standard of living? I've seen videos from Cuba, and it looks like there's LOTS of poverty, yet, on the HDI rankings, it has Cuba as dark blue(along with all the developed countries).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2015, 05:48 AM

217 posts, read 234,219 times
Chile, Colombia or Argentina.

Old 02-01-2015, 08:18 AM

448 posts, read 563,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by energizet View Post
I've only been to one Latin American country, so yeah..I wanted answers from people who've traveled or at least have more knowledge then me.
Top safest countries. Okay more like countries with least violent crimes.

Murder rate in Chile is 2 /100.000 hab, which is the safest in the country. Petty crime harder to find good comparative information about as in lesser developed nations, people tend not to file formal complaints as much. So comparing Chile or Argentina with, let's say Guatemala is not going to work.
For safety, stay away from Venezuela, Honduras, Colombia, Guatemala, Colombia, etc.

Quote:
Top countries with highest standard of living
Easy.
Standard of living has a ranking... top 3:
- Chile (Very high development)
--Argentina (Very High development)
---Uruguay (High development)

For Standard of life, stay away from Haiti, El Salvador, Guatemala, honduras, Bolivia, Nicaragua

Quote:
Top countries with best education
PISA ranking puts Chile at the top followed by Costa Rica and Mexico. Top university in the region is in Chile.

Quote:
Top most developed countries(I think this is the same with standard of living, right? If so, then you don't have to answer).
Chile, Arg, Uru. A.k.a Southern Cone.

Quote:
Top countries with most white/European descended people.
Uruguay,Argentina,Chile.

Quote:
Top countries with most black/African descended people. (I'm just curious, as I've never traveled throughout Latin America).
Not sure, but Peru, Uruguay, Dominican rep. Haiti, Bahamas, trinidad & tobago, the antilles, guyana, Jamaica, Colombia, Brazil, Ecuador, Venezuela all have strong(er) african influence.

Quote:
Top countries with most attractive women(in your opinion)
Highly subjective. Some say Venezuela, others Argentinian... others like Colombian... etc.

Quote:
Top ethnically diverse countries.
Peru, Uruguay, Ecuador.

Quote:
these are questions I wanna know. I know I can look online, but I want answers from people with experience. Also, do you really think Cuba has a very high standard of living? I've seen videos from Cuba, and it looks like there's LOTS of poverty, yet, on the HDI rankings, it has Cuba as dark blue(along with all the developed countries).
Cuba's ranking is a mistery to me.

Old 02-01-2015, 09:14 AM

5,222 posts, read 8,040,348 times
Most Latin American countries are majority of European descent.

http://s25.postimg.org/gbwqac3i7/Anc_Euro.png

Yes, most of the people are mixed but that doesn't negates that most people actually have a genetic connection to Europe (overwhelmingly to Spain/Portugal.)

Old 02-01-2015, 09:16 AM

Argentina.

Old 02-01-2015, 02:43 PM

448 posts, read 563,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParanaBoy View Post
Argentina.
please explain?

Old 02-01-2015, 05:01 PM

Is Argentinien?

Old 02-01-2015, 10:26 PM

1,235 posts, read 1,360,048 times
Quote:

Top countries with most attractive women(in your opinion).
In no particular order: Colombia, Venezuela and Brazil.

Old 02-02-2015, 10:46 AM

1,394 posts, read 1,732,812 times
Ok here goes:

Top safest countries. Okay more like countries with least violent crimes - I dunno, Chile? Maybe Uruguay?

Top countries with highest standard of living - Chile

Top countries with best education - I dunno

Top most developed countries(I think this is the same with standard of living, right? If so, then you don't have to answer) - Arg, Uruguay, Chile, Brazil

Top countries with most white/European descended people - Arg, Uru

Top countries with most black/African descended people. (I'm just curious, as I've never traveled throughout Latin America) - Brazil, carribean countries

Top countries with most attractive women(in your opinion) - Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Venezuela

Top ethnically diverse countries - I dunno....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or