Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 03:19 PM

157 posts, read 192,313 times

Advertisements

Generally speaking, which city is more racist between Rio De Janeiro and Sao Paulo?

Old 02-01-2015, 04:26 PM

1,212 posts, read 1,434,616 times
Racism in Brasil is totally different than you know in USA.
As in Brazil classism is the main problem, Sao Paulo is lot more classist.

Old 02-01-2015, 04:59 PM

213 posts, read 298,405 times
Sao Paulo but I believe you should not worry about it.

Old 02-02-2015, 04:48 AM

9 posts, read 21,589 times
Some people forget that Brazil has changed. Brazil was more classism before. Yes that is true. But now days then poverty have fallen and more none white european people have acces to things that only the upper class (white) before could buy you start to see the real racism. Brazil has always been racist. They only hide it behind class. And Americans forget that in Brazil it´s not white and black its: White, Pardo (brown) and Black.

The most black, black like Akon, Will Smith, Denzel Washington, and people with more african apperence are stuck in poverty in Brazil.

Pardo (Brown): Like Chris Brown and other bi racial people are the ones that got it better and started to get better works and make a class journey. Pardo is also the most none white people in Brazil to have relationship with white Brazilian and the least to bee with black brazilian.

The more South you go in Brazil the bigger racism a BLACK (not pardo) person will face.
Sao Paulo have much more racism the Rio trust me. In Sp you have skinhead groups and many in SP hate people from the northeast. It´s not good to bee black ( not pardo) in SP.

Americans see: race
Brazilians see: Color

HAha, I love when white Brazilians tells how it is for black (not pardo) Brazilians it would bee like white americans tells how it is to be a black american. I have faced more racism from Brazilians then americans. I prefer white americans all day over white Brazilians both American men and women.

Check the table at the site about intermarriage between Whites, Browns, and Blacks in
Brazilian Metropolitan Areas with Populations over 100,000 in
http://lasa-2.univ.pitt.edu/LARR/pro...um=2&Start=141

Old 02-02-2015, 06:07 AM

Chris Brown maybe black.... but i dont thing Brazil (except south) is more racist than U.S. people. However not go wait to get German-Brazilians or Dutch-Brazilians girls groups always.

Old 02-02-2015, 07:09 AM

9 posts, read 21,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParanaBoy View Post
Chris Brown maybe black.... but i dont thing Brazil (except south) is more racist than U.S. people. However not go wait to get German-Brazilians or Dutch-Brazilians girls groups always.
No Chris Brown is not black in Brazil he is Pardo, Chris Brown have a white mother and a black father if you have that you are not seen as black in Brazil. I will explaine:

In America a white women getting a babie with a black man, the babie is consider black. A black women in America getting a babie with a white man the babie also is consider black. Ironic, that a white women can have a black babie but a black women can not have a white babie.

In Brazil a white women having a babie with a black men the babie is not consider black beacuse it dont have two black parents and in Brazil they see white as superior. The same if a black women in Brazil have a babie with a white man the babie is not seen as black. Soccer star Neymar have a black father and a white mother he is not seen as black in Brazil he is pardo ( Brown ) and he dont see himself as black.

The same with Brazilian soccer star Ronaldo 9, Fenomeno, his mother was pardo (brown) and his father was white. Ronaldo see himself as white.

In Brazil they most of the time they want to be whiter and it was part of the plan for the Brazilian race to make the country white or more white.

In America the one drop rule makes you black.
In Brazil one drop white blood makes you closer to white and not black.

Last edited by afroswed88; 02-02-2015 at 07:18 AM..

Old 02-02-2015, 07:18 AM

Okay... Chris Brown mixed or Pardo, but in Curitiba especially would be considered black with a black culture. Ronaldo yes, he's a pardo mixed in Brazil, never white.

Old 02-02-2015, 07:26 AM

Pardo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-02-2015, 07:36 AM

Most/least attractive Europeans?

In this page, i posted many White Brazilians people and black and pardos. Ronaldo closed to black maybe, but he's pardo (white-blacks), never looks to white.

Old 02-02-2015, 08:09 AM

1,212 posts, read 1,434,616 times
Pardos are a lot more commom (40% of pop) than blacks (6%). Middle class has grown a lot since 2000 and you see more pardos progressing because we have more of then. I have friends both pardos or black that are a lot welthier than they were in the past.

And like I said, Brasil has a very different kind of "racism". Since slavory we had blacks that owned slaves and were rich. Two brothers that were famous engeneers during the empire were black, just as an exemple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas