Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2016, 04:59 AM

225 posts, read 191,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Falcon View Post
What does all this has to do with the thread?

Everybody in C-D knows that Caribny doesn't talk about anything but making proselytism of the old one drop doctrine. He is not interested at all about Brazil or Chile developments.
Look back on page 16, and you'll see where it began. I agree that it is off topic. But Brazil was again misrepresented ethnically when someone was addressing our problems. That's why I mentioned the genetic studies.

Old 09-18-2016, 05:09 AM

1,212 posts, read 1,434,327 times
Yeah, but it's the hundredth time that forummer comes with that talk and everybody knows that he is obsessed about the one drop rule and just talk about this in any thread.

Old 09-18-2016, 05:12 AM

225 posts, read 191,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Falcon View Post
Yeah, but it's the hundredth time that forummer comes with that talk and everybody knows that he is obsessed about the one drop rule and just talk about this in any thread.
Someone else - not him - made a comment, I replied, and it began. I am here since only a few days and I don't know the posters.

Old 09-19-2016, 01:55 PM

990 posts, read 880,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
I went to Salvador. Most of the folks there who I saw have about my ancestry, and large numbers were more African. Don't know where this 50% Euro ancestry comes from. In fact YOUR Brazilian census puts it at 80% mixed and black. Most of the mixed are at the blacker end of mixed at that. The J Lo mix is a distinct minority.

So where do you manufacture this 50% European? You know full well that in Brazil to be white is glorious and to be black is a disgrace so mixed people want to identify as "white" and blacks want to identify as "mixed." So there is no way that the census would show a city less white in the identities of its population than the genetic studies.

Pity you said this because I now know that you are one of those who will go down fighting to wave that Euro ancestry as if it is a badge of honor. 40% non white is a high %. Basically it means that one is mixed.

Sorry to disappoint you but Brazil is no Argentina, or even Chile! Its more like Puerto Rico or even the DR and Cuba.

And yes Salvador is Nigeria!
These studies put pardos, mulattos and black Brazilian in the same basket because that this huge white number.

They do the AVERAGE and how the half of the no-white Brazilian population most part are ‘’pardo’’ (mixed race people) 30% or 35% of pardos and just 15% or 20% of blacks and mulattos and how pardos are more or less 75% white and 25% black and Amerindian they increase the white AVERAGE in no-white Brazilian population. But yes a mullato Brazilian is more or less 50/50 and a visible black Brazilian is 80% black and 20% white.

Black gens is predominant over white features when mixed so if you look a pardo person 80% white and 20% black he will have visible black features. Amerindian and whites are more equal a Chilean 50/50 white and Amerindian ‘’look whiter’’ than pardo Brazilian.

Like examples.
Ronaldo Nazario is pardo.
Ronaldo Gaucho is mulatto.
Pelé is black
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas