Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 03:05 AM

302 posts, read 308,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Your own map shows that Mexico City is not located in an area which was a TROPICAL rain forest.

FACT. Most Brazilians do NOT live in the interior.

FACT. The movement of people into interior regions in Brazil has created major ecological and environmental disasters. In fact parts of the Amazon are facing DESERTIFICATION. Imagine that!The Heat Is Online

FACT. To tell millions of people to move into Guyana's interior is courting disaster. WHAT are they going to do once they cut down the trees, the heavy rains remove the nutrients, and nothing can grow on those lands.

FACT. You really do NOT know what you are babbling about! What are the people in cities in the middle of Guyana, going to do? Manaus exists because it is at the confluence of large navigable rivers. What remote part of Guyana has rivers large enough to accommodate large vessels?
Dude please stop responding because your post get dumber and dumber.People like you only want to be right and argue because you have no life.

The map shows Mexico City is in the the tropical rainforest area, not just that but there are towns of other cities and towns in that same vicinity so hush.

Cities are not healthy for the environment period, doesn't mean cities can't be built there. Can you show proof that Manasus is collapsing?No so quit it.
But I get it your one of these Guyanese that are part of corrupt administration that get paid forREDD (Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and forest Degradation) Fund.

Quote:
Guyana and Norway commended for forest management efforts | ZIZ Broadcasting Corporation

Georgetown, Guyana — World Wildlife Fund (WWF) Guianas has welcomed Guyana President Donald Ramotar’s announcement of Norway’s 2012 calendar year performance-based payment into the Guyana REDD+ Investment Fund (GRIF).

Reducing emissions from deforestation and forest degradation (REDD) is a mechanism that has been under negotiation by the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) since 2005,
And again you're not so smart, no one grows food in cities. You grow food on the farm land, your remedial brain not knowing how cities work wouldn't comprehend that.

What are they going to do move away from the coast and not be subjected to the below sea level terrain. People like you are the reason the country is backwards because you have no vision to do anything but talk nothing but crap.I have show you countless cities not only dead center in tropical areas but in tropical rain forest or tropical areas..

Take a real good look at this map and see where Caracus is in Venezuela and know that it has 5 million plus people. Also take a look at

Quote:
Under the Köppen climate classification, Caracas has a tropical savanna climate (Aw). Caracas is also intertropical, with precipitation that varies between 900 and 1,300 millimeters (35 and 51 inches) (annual), in the city proper, and up to 2,000 millimeters (79 inches) in some parts of the Mountain range

Take a good look at the map and check out cities in East Asia like Myammar,Thailand ,and Vietnam that are full of bustling cities and towns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2015, 09:42 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,532,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrizeWinner View Post
Dude please stop responding because your post get dumber and dumber.People like you only want to be right and argue because you have no life.

The map shows Mexico City is in the the tropical rainforest area.

Mexico City is 7000 feet up and it gets quite cold. The notion that it is a tropical rain forest is a joke.

Caracas is very close to the coast. Have you been there? I have. NOT a distant location. You will note that Venezuela is ANOTHER country where most of the population lives on the coast, or in the highland valleys! NOT in the Amazon basin.

Give up. Your rants are getting quite boring as you are not addressing the fact that Guyana CANNOT support a large population in the distant interior.

WHAT WILL THOSE PEOPLE DO? Located hundreds of miles away from where the bulk of the population lives, where there are virtually NO roads, and in fact Guyana lacking the capital to build and maintain such.

Cities can only exist if they have an economy.

You can post every map that you can find. What you CANNOT do is deal with the FACTS.

WHAT WILL THOSE PEOPLE DO?

Old 01-05-2016, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Mexico City is 7000 feet up and it gets quite cold. The notion that it is a tropical rain forest is a joke.

Caracas is very close to the coast. Have you been there? I have. NOT a distant location. You will note that Venezuela is ANOTHER country where most of the population lives on the coast, or in the highland valleys! NOT in the Amazon basin.

Give up. Your rants are getting quite boring as you are not addressing the fact that Guyana CANNOT support a large population in the distant interior.

WHAT WILL THOSE PEOPLE DO? Located hundreds of miles away from where the bulk of the population lives, where there are virtually NO roads, and in fact Guyana lacking the capital to build and maintain such.

Cities can only exist if they have an economy.

You can post every map that you can find. What you CANNOT do is deal with the FACTS.

WHAT WILL THOSE PEOPLE DO?
Ahigh elevated city doesn't mean it doesn't get hot and its not in the tropical area.God you are dumb. Obviously you are just making baseless assumptions and know nothing of reality.

If your bird brain can't fathom that they are cities built in the jungle especially after I gave you numerous examples then thats your problem.

People like with your bird brain are not supposed to address these kind of subject matters.

As far as the city being built in the interior of course it's difficult to happen now but it will eventually NEED to happen down the line. What do you want to do keep bulilding cities on the coast ?Well that would be alright but the problem is Georgetown and many parts of the East Coast are below sea level.So things are going to have to change and this is why massive infrastuture projects for the country needs to be undertaken and why we need an economy.

Of course dumb idiots like you want to keep the country held back because corrupt politicians get money from Reducing Emissions For Deforestation And Forest Degradation (REDD) which are nothing but plots from western corporations and NGOs to keep 3rd world country backwards.Dirty politicians would lie and say its for the sake of keeping the enivornment stable but thats all a lie, people want to keep the country backward cause they benefit off it and don't want to see projects done embezzle money from these projects.This is why the Amalia Falls Project was a such a sham and many .

Cities were built on the coast for the simple fact that when the first settlers came to the New World it was convienient to get back home from the ports and shipyards.Infact this is the same case for America today,most cities are built on the coast.

And yes there are roads in in Guyana's interior ,this is why Brazilians have made their way from areas like Boa Vista to Guyana. And you still haven't addressed the countless cities in the jungle like Brazil's Brasilia or Manaus.
Now please go do some reading and sharpen your brain.

Last edited by PrizeWinner; 01-05-2016 at 03:20 AM..

Old 01-06-2016, 11:23 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,721,454 times
Default Indo vs Afro population tensions ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIOT17 View Post
I know this one Trinidadian women who is not a legal citizen of the US, but she is only here because her family disowned her for having a baby with a black man from Barbados in the states.
My family is from Trinidad and I have many freind and co-workers from Trinidad and Guyana. These tensions are VERY deep rooted. I have been observing these riffs since being a small child over hearing conversations between adults. I am niether Indo of Afro Trinidadian and boy the comments I hear often from other groups about each other is pretty rough. However through inter marriages things seems to be moving slowly in a more positive direction, but once backs are turned the bad mouthing begins. There is a Trinidadian expression "we is we" sort of meaning we are all Trinidadians... But not always sure people always remember that. I hear the same kind of tension from the people I know from Guyana. There are also religious views that come in to play. I have always heard this expressed by Afro-Trinidadians .... That they feel the Hindu religious views/ traditions place darker skinned people as lower classes so the Indo populations feel they are better then the Afro Trini population.

Old 01-17-2016, 10:22 PM

Quote:

And yes there are roads in in Guyana's interior ,this is why Brazilians have made their way from areas like Boa Vista to Guyana. And you still haven't addressed the countless cities in the jungle like Brazil's Brasilia or Manaus.
Now please go do some reading and sharpen your brain.

Even the main road from Lethem isn't an all weather road. Clearly you know nothing about the interior, and I don't know where your rants about supporting incompetent governments come in. Guyana has NEVER had a competent government.

Loud mouth people scream and don't make any real points because they have none to make.

Old 01-17-2016, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
My family is from Trinidad and I have many freind and co-workers from Trinidad and Guyana. These tensions are VERY deep rooted. I have been observing these riffs since being a small child over hearing conversations between adults. I am niether Indo of Afro Trinidadian and boy the comments I hear often from other groups about each other is pretty rough. However through inter marriages things seems to be moving slowly in a more positive direction, but once backs are turned the bad mouthing begins. There is a Trinidadian expression "we is we" sort of meaning we are all Trinidadians... But not always sure people always remember that. I hear the same kind of tension from the people I know from Guyana. There are also religious views that come in to play. I have always heard this expressed by Afro-Trinidadians .... That they feel the Hindu religious views/ traditions place darker skinned people as lower classes so the Indo populations feel they are better then the Afro Trini population.

Your comments are very accurate, and it is only the dishonest who claim other wise.

Old 01-17-2016, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Ahigh elevated city doesn't mean it doesn't get hot and its not in the tropical area.God you are dumb. .

I suggest that you read this again, and then look at the climate of Mexico City compared to Mahdia. Mexico has an average temperature of 64 degrees. And it gets 30-40 inches of rain fall. You ought to know the umbers for Mahdia if you claim to be an expert on Guyana.

Of course you have yet to determine what economic activities people would engage in the Guyana interior.

No population, so clearly cannot emerge as distribution centers. Poor soils, so cannot service nearby agricultural areas. High cost and inadequate transportation, so cannot engage in manufacturing.

Maybe if you spent less time screaming and insulting people you would think a little bit more logically.

Guyana is broke, so the country cannot subsidize population centers which don't have a rational reason for existing.

Old 01-18-2016, 03:17 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,169,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
The mixed population is now the fastest growing one which likely reflects change among the younger generations. Imo, it is the older Hindus who seem to be among the worst with "racial" issues. It comes from the fact that both groups have long operated in survival mode since bring brought to the nation in an oppressed state and holding colonial views. Hinduism also has interpretations that are problematic, as you point out.

At least in the case of Trinidad, it is had been limited to tension and/or badmouthing and that tension has not yet resulted in violence, as often happens in many nations where different groups end up living closely.

Old 01-19-2016, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Even the main road from Lethem isn't an all weather road. Clearly you know nothing about the interior, and I don't know where your rants about supporting incompetent governments come in. Guyana has NEVER had a competent government.

Loud mouth people scream and don't make any real points because they have none to make.
Dude were not talking about roads ,were talking about towns and cities that have been there, stop running your mouth.What the hell does roads have to do with anything?You have made a fool of yourself repeatedly in this thread.

Up until now you still have explained the cities like Manaus,Caracus in Venezuela, and countless other cities that have been made in jungles and tropical areas. If your,backwards ass cant fathom that cities do exist in tropical areas, then read and educate yourself.You are just making yourself look like an idiot as you harp on.But please stop trolling.

And as for competent Goverenment, as much I hate to say this the British were able to keep things in order and build the country up to a degree.And least the country didn't go backward under their rule despite the oppression they inflicted.
Same thing with the PPP,at least they have been able to render some GDP growth. Old lames like you want to blur their lines and run their mouths cause all they can do, run their mouths.

Quote:
Your comments are very accurate, and it is only the dishonest who claim other wise.
AHH, of course people like you would like to play the victim and whine about the racial tension ALL DAY. But see what you are not talking about is the tension between blacks themselves in Guyana, like there is in many other countries.

Old 01-22-2016, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
The mixed population is now the fastest growing one which likely reflects change among the younger generations. Imo, it is the older Hindus who seem to be among the worst with "racial" issues. It comes from the fact that both groups have long operated in survival mode since bring brought to the nation in an oppressed state and holding colonial views. Hinduism also has interpretations that are problematic, as you point out.

At least in the case of Trinidad, it is had been limited to tension and/or badmouthing and that tension has not yet resulted in violence, as often happens in many nations where different groups end up living closely.
The mixed population is also growing in Guyana,and politcians despise this. This doesn't mean that the different populations of Guyana have not lived closely before in history, its just that when Burnham and PNC came into power many of the ethinc relations went haywire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas