Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 06:07 PM

3,850 posts, read 2,226,879 times

Advertisements

Look at this!:
Quote:
According to the decision, Dominicans born after 1929 to parents who are not of Dominican ancestry are to have their citizenship revoked. The ruling affects an estimated 250,000 Dominican people of Haitian descent, including many who have had no personal connection with Haiti for several generations.

In the Dominican Republic, suddenly stateless - LA Times
Imagine the international outrage that the U.S would get from Latin Americans and the rest of the world if we decided to take the rights of citizenship from all "anchor babies", or anyone descended from illegal immigrants? Can you imagine the protests?

...and look what they are doing in their own countries!

NYC is filled with illegal Dominicans, and I'm sure the same Dominicans who want the U.S government to have sympathy for them, agree with this decision made in the D.R.

Old 06-17-2015, 06:12 PM

Look at what they're saying in the comment section:

Quote:
There will always be problems between both country however, DR is doing the right thing. This does not mean that DR will not support Haiti, they will do so but in HAITI

jherrera3
I'm sure this scumbag here ^^, lives in the U.S, and has questionable immigration status.

I have no more sympathy for them.

Latin Americans don't practice with they preach! Even Mexico deports it's illegals.

Old 06-17-2015, 06:55 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
Look at this!:
Imagine the international outrage that the U.S would get from Latin Americans and the rest of the world if we decided to take the rights of citizenship from all "anchor babies", or anyone descended from illegal immigrants? Can you imagine the protests?

...and look what they are doing in their own countries!

NYC is filled with illegal Dominicans, and I'm sure the same Dominicans who want the U.S government to have sympathy for them, agree with this decision made in the D.R.
Very sad and ugly business. Basically the Dominicans pathologize Haitians as the cause of crime, etc in the DR. How do they determine if one is Haitian? Based on skin color and facial feature, not your actual place of birth.

It is racial cleansing.

The American government should stop this.

Old 06-17-2015, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
I would actually support extreme measures, like threatening the legal status of Every Dominican in the U.S, unless they don't reverse the decision.

If dominicans think this is right, they can go back to the D.R.. Sammy Sosa, David Ortiz and all of them...

Old 06-17-2015, 07:04 PM

Quote:
I would actually support extreme measures, like threatening the legal status of Every Dominican in the U.S, unless they don't reverse the decision.

If dominicans think this is right, they can go back to the D.R.. Sammy Sosa, David Ortiz and all of them...
Yeah, hopefully they are negotiating now. Haiti is under zero obligation to takes those citizens. Many if who. Have never been to Haiti.

At the very least since Dominicans have legal status we should take them if all else fails.

Old 06-17-2015, 07:31 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Lot of liberal outrage here.

I have an idea, let's use the liberal idea and say let's stay out of it, not our problem. Exactly what they say about the ME.

There, issue resolved.

Old 06-17-2015, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Lot of liberal outrage here.

I have an idea, let's use the liberal idea and say let's stay out of it, not our problem. Exactly what they say about the ME.

There, issue resolved.
It is our issue. The DR is an American territory whose citizens have legal status in America.

I was wrong about the DR being a U.S. Territory. Disregard my post.

Last edited by Iamme73; 06-17-2015 at 08:56 PM..

Old 06-17-2015, 08:14 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,883,560 times
Quote:
It is our issue. The DR is an American territory whose citizens have legal status in America.

SMH
You are confusing the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico.

It's a heartless policy to deport third generation immigrants, and even as someone who wants stronger enforcement against illegal immigrants here I would be horrified and opposed if our government went this far, but at the end of the day we don't have any right to interfere in their country. This is an issue for DR and Haiti, not team America world police.

Quote:

Two wrongs don't make a right. Heck, if you're talking about legal immigrants and their kids this is even worse than what DR is doing.

Old 06-17-2015, 09:26 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Very sad and ugly business. Basically the Dominicans pathologize Haitians as the cause of crime, etc in the DR. How do they determine if one is Haitian? Based on skin color and facial feature, not your actual place of birth.

It is racial cleansing.

Uh; most Dominicans ARE "Black" too. Tho most of them deny it. We just need to stay OUT of it AND deport any Haitian or Dominican in the US illegally.

Old 06-17-2015, 09:29 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALackOfCreativity View Post
You are confusing the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico.

It's a heartless policy to deport third generation immigrants, and even as someone who wants stronger enforcement against illegal immigrants here I would be horrified and opposed if our government went this far, but at the end of the day we don't have any right to interfere in their country. This is an issue for DR and Haiti, not team America world police.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Heck, if you're talking about legal immigrants and their kids this is even worse than what DR is doing.
That depends. If the DR had "birthright" citizenship say up till 1980 then ended it, IMHO the DR needs to leave those people of Haitian family alone who were BORN in the DR 1979 or back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas