Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 04:50 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,104,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
The Chinese are friends to no body, but the Chinese.

Now they have the population to export, and provide labor to massive projects.

The US has exported it's financial prowess to them.

Soon they have reserve currency status(likely as soon as this fall)

Hail your new masters, the Chinese. You're not gonna like it

The Chinese are NOT your friend.

CN.......
Bbbbbbutttttt people on here claim that the Chinese are peaceful and benevolent liberators freeing the oppressed peoples of Latin America from the evil American imperialists *sarcasm*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2015, 05:06 PM

844 posts, read 1,063,305 times
I'm not pro Chinese, but at least this time the Central American governments are being asked if they want to trade. Unlike many many times in the past that foreign armies just showed up to protect the interests of big corporations, killing and repressing with gusto.

Old 07-13-2015, 05:19 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,133,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Indeed, much like many people in the Pacific during WWII who thought that the Japanese were heroes who came to liberate them from [fill in name of colonial power]. The Filipinos for instance discovered rather quickly that we supposedly evil Americans were rather tame compared to the Japanese. Latin America has two choices: Chinese dominance or American interference. Pick your poison.

Why do so many people make excuses for Chinese imperialism? Why is imperialism only wrong if it's the US or western Europe behind it? Why is it magically ok when the Russians or the Chinese are doing it? Either it's wrong period ... or it's open season for everyone - including the US.
American butchered more Koreans in 3 years than the Japanese did in its 35 occupation of the country but I guess that is okay since it was done in the name of freedom. If you have a problem with the Chinese investing in Central America, perhaps you should protest to the West to provide better terms to the Central Americans so that China won't win these contracts. Shabby and insulting terms for loans from the World Bank/IMF is leading these countries to turn to China. Both China and the US are ruthless imperialists.

Old 07-13-2015, 06:21 PM

2,157 posts, read 1,442,340 times
Quote:
Bbbbbbutttttt people on here claim that the Chinese are peaceful and benevolent liberators freeing the oppressed peoples of Latin America from the evil American imperialists *sarcasm*
Congratulations on creating a strawman, and then knocking him down. So what if the Chinese are making inroads in Latin America? What do you suggest we do about it? Try to put up obstacles? If the US and China compete for influence/money in the region, and China wins, then I guess we need to do a little better next time. I don't see how demonizing the Chinese for winning does us any good.

Old 07-13-2015, 08:06 PM

439 posts, read 521,499 times
Quote:
The handover of the Panama Canal Zone was one of the dumbest things this country ever did. Complete lack of foresight.

We should have just taken over all of Panama ... the Panamanians would have gotten their canal back
I totally agree, just as the US should go back to be part of the United Kingdom.

Old 07-13-2015, 08:07 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,470,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folicure View Post
i totally agree, just as the us should go back to be part of the united kingdom.

lol

Old 07-14-2015, 03:27 AM

922 posts, read 805,963 times
Americans should just shut up and realize that their days as top dog is seriously at its end like the British after WW2.

Old 07-14-2015, 04:45 AM

16,257 posts, read 43,176,087 times
So what, they are Chinese? Would everyone feel better if they were German or Italian or something white instead?

Personally, I think it adds more diversity.

Old 07-14-2015, 06:08 AM

11 posts, read 10,784 times
That channel will never be a reality, and Panama enlarged his channel so there's no need for it.
China's historical cycle is always the same; high economic growth and expansion, anarchy and centrifugal forces breaking the country apart and rethrenchment, all in a short period.

Righ now, China is already falling back and China has a big challenge that will never overcome, democratization. As more people join middle class, they will want rights.

India is better posed for the future.

Old 07-14-2015, 11:08 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,896,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer0101 View Post
Once again your ignorance is made manifest. Go play with the infantile dolts.
Nice comments showing your intelligence. Is using too much brain power to actually make logical comments or opinions hurting you, or are snide remarks part of your wonderful personality? People like you are the reason America is in decline, sitting on your soapbox in your home telling the internet how terrible China is (and I'm sure coming next is how the world is doomed), instead of actually working to improve our own society. The commies are coming, the commies are coming! The funny part is I'm not a liberal (which I'm sure would shock you), but I'm not some far right wing conspiracy theorist either who listens to Rush and Savage Nation and hates all these legal or illegal immigrants ruining our country.

But, I'm done wasting my time with your childish remarks, go ahead and waste some more internet space. If you want a real conversation, then that's fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas