Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 04:56 AM

67 posts, read 62,544 times

Advertisements

Countries like Argentina, Canada, USA, the caribbean islands saw their real locals disappear over night either because of Africans being brought in enormous numbers to work as slaves, or Europeans escaping poverty and just taking over entire countries!! (Europeans truly transformed the Americas... Argentina, USA and Canada at a point in time were flooded with them)

Nowadays I see this idea that since Europeans no longer go to the americas, then asians, indians, africans, arabs should be encouraged

why?

why not educate the natives and promote THAT population growth

why is it that every one is so sensitive about making sure africa is african, europe is european, asia is asian and the americas is for any one to come (we also have our natives you know?)

Old 11-14-2015, 07:29 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,662,500 times
I say why not.

Old 11-14-2015, 02:59 PM

6,457 posts, read 4,039,484 times
The native population in Americas don't grow at quick rates though look at the average number of children among Native Americans, after the invasion the natives population were so depleted that even if they tried to increase the population it would take 100+ years to have the first native american major metro area. The biggest native american areas in the U.S barely scrape 500,000 and most aren't even at 100,000. Also unlike Europe most of the immigrants into U.S are middle class people from Africa/Arab Peninsula/East Asia/SE Asia etc. The U.S isn't really accepting poor immigrants from these areas and native Americans are mostly poor currently.

Old 11-17-2015, 05:45 PM

2,174 posts, read 4,391,627 times
Native Americans, Mayans, Incas, etc...should have been a lot tougher 500 yrs ago from day 1 when Europeans hit their shores. They regret it as their civilizations were ruined. I have read history books recounting how Native American chiefs started realizing their huge mistake in the 1600ss as the whites kept coming. They should have been divisive and brutal with the first settlers, not helped them out allowing them to establish a beach head. And they might have saved their culture and society. This is a cautionary historic tale and lesson for Europeans in whats happening to their native lands now.

Old 11-17-2015, 05:47 PM

15,066 posts, read 6,144,174 times
Let's correct that.

The indigenous populations disappeared due to the actions of Europeans - violence, oppression and illness. African descendants have no part in that and in fact, have done more to at least promote the preservation and/or remembrance the First Nations, at least in the Caribbean.

The real locals of the Caribbean are those who live there or have ties there and contribute those nations.

Old 11-18-2015, 08:54 AM

1,187 posts, read 1,363,176 times
I'm not sure if I get the point of this threads.
The overwhelming amount of the immigrants who arrive in the United States nowadays are non-whites.

In case of Argentina, the amount of descendents of native people, although usually very mixed, is very large, and also growing more than that of mostly/purely European ancestry, thus the demographics are drifting towards more non-white people. Immigration still exists and it's mostly non-European, anyway Argentina is not stable enough to either become a very desirable destination for people from far away or provide a wealthy future for them.

Old 11-24-2015, 09:34 PM

783 posts, read 691,165 times
I don't see why we need to take this only natives attitude. I don't see why we shouldn't take people from everywhere. It makes our culture better because we get to enjoy things from everywhere. Ask people from LA if they like the different food choices or not. If everyone else wants to be stupid, let them be, we don't need that here. I'm fine with taking smart asians and Indians. Seeing beautiful hispanic women and watching another race make it up the ladder. I also am fine with us with the African decent making something better here. IMO that is what the promise of America is, that anyone from anywhere can make it. Why not embrace it?

And secondly, we don't need to encourage population growth. I am not in favor of encouraging or discouraging population growth. If people want to have kids, let them have at it. If not, allow them to refrain. We don't need to worry about population growth. We can adapt to whatever environment that we would like to live in.

When the Irish came here, it was a big mess, but now look back at it, and we are proud. Hopefully we will look back on Mexican/Hispanic immigration and say the same thing when we intermarry with them and no one cares anymore. If anything, I would like to see us extend a hand of friendship towards others from different countries rather than close our hands. Let's be better than that.

Old 12-01-2015, 11:43 AM

808 posts, read 1,676,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctr88 View Post
Native Americans, Mayans, Incas, etc...should have been a lot tougher 500 yrs ago from day 1 when Europeans hit their shores. They regret it as their civilizations were ruined. I have read history books recounting how Native American chiefs started realizing their huge mistake in the 1600ss as the whites kept coming. They should have been divisive and brutal with the first settlers, not helped them out allowing them to establish a beach head. And they might have saved their culture and society. This is a cautionary historic tale and lesson for Europeans in whats happening to their native lands now.
That's one way to look at it.

Old 12-03-2015, 08:13 PM

2,746 posts, read 2,394,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotta View Post
Countries like Argentina, Canada, USA, the caribbean islands saw their real locals disappear over night either because of Africans being brought in enormous numbers to work as slaves, or Europeans escaping poverty and just taking over entire countries!! (Europeans truly transformed the Americas... Argentina, USA and Canada at a point in time were flooded with them)

Nowadays I see this idea that since Europeans no longer go to the americas, then asians, indians, africans, arabs should be encouraged

why?

why not educate the natives and promote THAT population growth

why is it that every one is so sensitive about making sure africa is african, europe is european, asia is asian and the americas is for any one to come (we also have our natives you know?)
this is false.

the reason the indigenous population was severely depleted (completely destroyed in many places) is due to diseases brought by European and genocide practiced by Europeans.

Old 12-03-2015, 10:27 PM

11,556 posts, read 9,294,871 times
I think countries in Latin America should discourage Western European and West African immigration and instead try to increase native populations. Why not put strict VISA requirements in place for people coming over from Spain or England or Nigeria?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.