Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 06:12 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,793,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztecgoddess View Post
In this I have to agree with you an Warsawa. Back in the 80's and 90's the whole country image was affected by Mexico City and now the roles have been reverted.
I wonder what would be easier; to name rename the city or the country. If is the city, we can all agree Tenochtitlam can fill the void, but how about the country; Nueva España perhaps?
Oh I don't like Nueva España. Sounds very colony-ish and makes it sound like the country is a copy of Spain without its own roots when it is far from that! I think the name Mexico is fine and the capital should be named Tenochtitlan.

Old 01-22-2016, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Welcome back Irene, for the 100th time.
She's back on this post for the 101th time as arab-beauty.

oh wait, she told me on another post to respect her and not call her Irene.

Old 01-22-2016, 07:34 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,405,340 times
LOL I know it so obvious. You want a laugh check out her post history, she is obsessed with the same topics.

Old 01-22-2016, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
LOL I know it so obvious. You want a laugh check out her post history, she is obsessed with the same topics.
Yes, obsessively recycled topics include: Mexicans are so indigenous looking, All Central Americans look the same, Brazil/Brazilians/Swedes/Americans are nothing special, hates the Latino term because it bunches up the indigenous Mexicans/Central Americans with all the "European" looking South Americans (LMAO), Colombians are all gorgeous and the best at everything. lol

Old 01-23-2016, 05:34 AM

844 posts, read 1,063,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
Oh I don't like Nueva España. Sounds very colony-ish and makes it sound like the country is a copy of Spain without its own roots when it is far from that! I think the name Mexico is fine and the capital should be named Tenochtitlan.
I agree with you on the name sounding a bit colonial yet, Mexico as an unified unit came to be while it was the New Spain. Before that there were many states, kingdoms, polis that weren't part of the same country.
Hence my idea the only logical -historically speaking- name that fits is New Spain. Lol I'm aware this will never happen but I guess I have too much free time...

Old 01-23-2016, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztecgoddess View Post
I agree with you on the name sounding a bit colonial yet, Mexico as an unified unit came to be while it was the New Spain. Before that there were many states, kingdoms, polis that weren't part of the same country.
Hence my idea the only logical -historically speaking- name that fits is New Spain. Lol I'm aware this will never happen but I guess I have too much free time...
That is true. We come here to waste our free time and have fun, for the most part.

Old 01-25-2016, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arab-beauty View Post
and you and that mexican girl are obsessed with me
following me around saying hi irene....

is it sexual for you to say hi irene???

because all you do is following around saying hi irene

as for brazil = craphole
I'm not obsessed with you- you are just everywhere with millions of new accounts, saying the same silly things over and over again. Lol

Brazil is amazing. One of the coolest cultures on the planet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas