Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Your favorite city of the bunch?
Chicago 27 33.75%
Toronto 8 10.00%
San Francisco 33 41.25%
Montreal 13 16.25%
Washington D.C. 12 15.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 10:12 AM

2,946 posts, read 2,914,264 times

Advertisements

San Francisco
DC
Montreal
Chicago
Toronto
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2016, 12:26 PM

1,803 posts, read 2,224,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasparian View Post
CHICAGO (The most personality, rougher, meaner, more colorful, better music and architecture, the one I probably would live in out of the options)

MONTREAL (Nicest Canadian city, French language and interesting)

SAN FRANCISCO (It's pretty but too middle class white-gentrified-six figured salary occupants only please.... a low income, artistic individual like me would not fit there!)

DC (It's boring and thrives on bureaucracy and politics, not my type of city)

TORONTO (My least favorite, it lacks character, it feels like a big suburbia with a water front development... don't believe me? Google Toronto and you'll see the top things to do is walk around the water front, go to hockey games, visit shopping malls! So much for a world city!)
Lol, yeah, you really know Toronto well. Just a bunch of suburbia with a waterfront developement.

Old 07-26-2016, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manitopiaaa View Post
I haven't made a post on this thread for 2+ months and only commented once without any opinion. Your obsession with me is getting creepy now. And considering Toronto is tied for last on this thread, I'm not sure why you're cheering.
Oh please, don't flatter yourself. Your constant attack of everything Canadian and Toronto is tiring and redundant, and you have been called out multiple times for your obsessive hate of Canada. Now that is creepy!

Old 07-26-2016, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'm not a cookie View Post
It's in last lol
Of coarse it is, this is City-Data, lol.

Old 07-26-2016, 02:47 PM

2,535 posts, read 3,278,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North 42 View Post
Oh please, don't flatter yourself. Your constant attack of everything Canadian and Toronto is tiring and redundant, and you have been called out multiple times for your obsessive hate of Canada. Now that is creepy!
There is more CRITISM of the US by Canadians... to your newer immigrants. Especially its cities...... then visa versa. Though any mocking in politico forums? Is a whole other animal.

There is PLENTY of critics of Sunbelt US cities in rapid growth too.... as too suburban to less vibrancy in their downtowns. Is it OBSESSIVE HATE TOO?

What you do is CORRECT with reasons another is inaccurate in. Generic claims its HATE.... corrects nothing.

If all don't see Toronto's FAST Growth if SPECUTIVE BUILDING as CREATING TOP VIBRANCY and WORLD-CLASS? As most settling in Toronto are NEW professional Immigrants.... Ask THEM TO SPECIFY WHY THEY SAY WHAT THEY SAY? This thread has Toronto in it. So you can comment with MORE FACTS as you see Toronto.....

Many times Torontonians DEMAND a TOP REVIEW... As to note Toronto's PREMIER WORLD-CLASS STATUS Tops VIRTUALLY ALL US CITIES .....ALREADY. BUT NYC AND MAYBE..... LA.

That won't work either without disagreements..... so many things are going both ways in extreme on C-D city vs. city threads.

I always point out Northern US cities decades of declines. Radical Racial change with White-Flight and declines in its downtowns till especially. The last 25 years. TORONTO but for aspects of loss of Manufacturing bases. Had a MUCH SMOOTHER RIDE. NO ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION IN MILLIONS. Virtually ALL OF CANADAS POPULATION. This too change our cities.

I argued for Chicago in threads Torontonians boasted surpassing Chicago city proper's population. Also boasting in many other things is or will...... heated things said occur.

Most Toronto architecture.... I don't see as superior to most US cities. Especially one pitted against Toronto as Chicago. Even with its required garages to High-Rises be underground. Chicago does more Podium-style ones. But many maintain retail and eateries on street-level despite a garage above to behind it.....

Just Goggle streetviews to areas a visitor never would see all. Didn't show superior street-level appearances or better architecture? Especially in residential ones. Sometimes QUICK DEVELOPMENT is not best. But any city can fix, improve, infill in stages afterwards too.

Some aspects of Chicago to build downtown. Is a loooong process and regulations, that can work well or restrict and limit....

Best to avoid name calling on C-D. Two people already in this thread.... even we debated in other threads. Nothing I said was good enough on Toronto either.....

Old 07-26-2016, 06:17 PM

593 posts, read 1,377,794 times
My Favorite on your list is San Francisco but my favorite ciy in the US is NOLA. Great food, great party city, excellent location and weather, cool people, interesting history, the Big River, and the Big Easy.

Old 08-02-2016, 06:59 AM

828 posts, read 647,325 times
My ordering of the five:

First place tie: Chicago and Montreal.

Significant drop from these two...

3. Toronto
4. DC
5. SF
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas