Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2016, 10:46 AM

3,282 posts, read 3,791,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
I said always connected. You can be very fit and very athletic and still not score high on the "beautiful" scale. You can be not physically fit or exercise, but still convey features seen as beautiful. It is not a black and white topic. You could be physically attrative in all ways, but the the moment you open your mouth you become the ugliest person ever. Someone could be so fitness, beauty and healthy food conscious that they could become mentally ill. I get your point to some extent, but I just don't think it is as simple as that.

Also I don't agree that all people that are physically active tend to be more careful about the food they consume.... some people seriously just have high metabolic rates, great genetics or increased energy needs for a bunch of different reasons. All people are just not the same in this respect. Yes these lucky people are real. I am married to someone who eats a crazy amount and never gains weight. Please note I am not trying to discourage anyone from exercising or making more healthy conscious food coices, I am just same it is more compliacted then that.
Nothing is black and white and there are always exceptions to everything.

Everyone has their own standards. I don't judge others, but to me, working out and taking care of myself is #1. So having this be a big part of Brazilian culture is a positive IMO.

When I was in Rio I loved seeing gyms, bike paths and fruit juice places everywhere, and all near the beach and the city. This layout is like a dream culture for me.

The plastic surgery thing I would never do, unless I had a deformity or have a child and need to fix something. But changing my larger nose to a have a little tiny beak, no thank you. Lol

Last edited by rosa surf; 07-03-2016 at 10:57 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2016, 10:49 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,721,454 times
Default To do or not do ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
Nothing is black and white and there are always exceptions to everything.

Everyone has their own standards. I don't judge others, but to me, working out and taking care of myself is #1. So having this be a big part of Brazilian culture is a positive IMO.

When I was in Rio I loved seeing gyms, bike paths and fruit juice places everywhere, and all near the beach and the city. This layout is like a dream culture for me.

The plastic surgery thing I would never do, unless I had a deformity or have a child and need to fix something. But changing my larger nose to a have a little tiny beak, no thank you. Lol
I have had a child and honestly the risk of potentially dying (which is not crazy high, but still possible) doing something fairly vain and leaving my child motherless seems silly. Also if I did get something done and then noticed my husband treat me better I would probably be really mad lol. Though he would be mad if I did anything like that because he thinks this stuff is crazy.

Old 07-04-2016, 10:27 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,967,098 times
Quote:
Actually not always so easy. I am naturally curvy. It was not easy to handle the attention at all especially when in my teens to early 20s. No matter how innocent you are guys have their eyes on your chest and other girls are just mean about it thinking you are asking for the attention. I kid you not at age 14 I had grown men bugging me. It is uncomfortable enough if it is someone around your age staring at your chest and making sexualized comments... , but when it is someone double your age or more it is just gross. Other girls think you are stuffing your bras and start suggesting you are a ****. It was not easy and very uncomfortable to the point that I eventually got a breast reduction in my early 20s because I was tried of the attention. Also nothing fits like it should unless it is skin tight. It is the same thing for pants. If you have a fuller butt you can't wear certain materials. You need to wear fabrics that hug the curves. It is more complicated then most women let on.
I think that's a little blown out of proportion.

Most men are not pigs who go around commenting on women's curves on a regular basis. The ones that do are pigs that will hit on many women regardless of their butt or bust size, they will just hit on any woman who they find attractive. Curves don't make men pigs automatically.

Women are usually not that mean either. The ones that are gonna be antagonistic are gonna be like that whether your an A cup or a DD. It doesn't take much for some women to feel threaten if they are not getting all the attention in the room.

Old 08-08-2016, 09:38 AM

1,959 posts, read 3,101,043 times
I would recommend looking at American Board Certified cosmetic surgeons in Costa Rica. I've done extensive research and am scheduled for some 'work' in November. It's very affordable. It's amazing what they can do now adays.

Old 08-08-2016, 10:43 AM

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingDeadGirl View Post
I would recommend looking at American Board Certified cosmetic surgeons in Costa Rica. I've done extensive research and am scheduled for some 'work' in November. It's very affordable. It's amazing what they can do now adays.
Cool. What are you having done? I was mainly thinking a nose job, but want to get those video done to see how it will change my profile. If I have to go threw all that drama it better look amazing. Based on the prices I got where I am from in Toronto it is going to cost $10 000 plus tax. But I am not really feeling 100% certain that I want to go for it because for the change I want it might cost more because I would literally have to break my nose and rebuild the structure because I want a longer and narrower nose. My nose is okay ... but I really would like a different one, but the thought of breaking bones and rebuild the structure makes me sick to my stomach and I am scared that it might make that much of an improvement to my profile. Please do share feedback of how you found things once you get back and I hope everything goes great.

Old 08-08-2016, 03:19 PM

Now that I think about it I am not sure what the difference would be in the long run. I go somewhere else get sick ... I am screwed. If I get something done locally they mess up .. I know who I am suing. Also health care is free here and I would rather recover in the comfort of my own home then in some other place and then just get sick from something else. I think I 100% want to get the 3D photos first before making a decision. I don't think I would trust something like this to just anyone even to save money.

I have been to Costa Rica and even have a few family members that are doctors there that might be able me triple check the track records of the surgeon before doing the procedure, but I am not that sold on the idea of going there. When someone messes something up that bad.. it is not that easy to fit.

I was looking at before and after photos of some of the work this surgeon did and I was honestly underwhelemed by some of the work. I think realistically there are limations as to what they can do safely and I am really not willing to die for a new nose. I also think what I want is not really going to be so simple and just might not be worth all the effort. Also if I go somewhere like Colombia or Brazil I want to be in top health so I can actually have fun and not be lying in a bed sleeping. Now I am curious to see how much cheaper it is?

I was looking at these before and after shoots for other people and some look amazing. Others are just not big deal. If it is going to be WOW amazing ... then I am in .. if I going be not that different then I will pass.

Last edited by klmrocks; 08-08-2016 at 03:29 PM..

Old 08-08-2016, 07:34 PM

Default ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanka-katarnikova View Post
Colombia and Brazil are similar in atmosphere... the sort of feeling you get, all that crazy energy and color that just hits you when you're there (being in those two countries give you life) the energy just oozes and the exuberant color just oozes!!! Though I like Colombia a bit better because Brazil is too hot while Colombia has a milder climate.

But both countries can be great places to rethink life, heal, get off and disconnect.
I would love to go to both places... but not drugged out with a bandage across my nose lol. I also would not be going alone and my husband would flip out if he knew I wanted to spend money on something like this and there would not be enough drugs to turn of the nagging about how stupid getting a nose job is etc. I would LOVE to go there on my own... but I would get hit with divorce papers as soon as a plane landed . Tempting though ...

Old 08-09-2016, 07:15 AM

17,295 posts, read 22,013,755 times
Quote:
How safe is plastic surgery tourism in Brazil? I have heard about it and just wondering if any one knows anyone who has experienced it? In general it sounds like a sweet deal. If I was recovering from surgery why not recover somewhere with great weather !
Ever watch the E show "Botched" on bad plastic surgery?

Been following the Zika virus issue?

Two solid reasons for skipping the banana republic discount surgery idea.....

Old 08-09-2016, 12:08 PM

4,096 posts, read 3,721,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Ever watch the E show "Botched" on bad plastic surgery?

Been following the Zika virus issue?

Two solid reasons for skipping the banana republic discount surgery idea.....
Brazil, banana republic? The 9th largest economy in the world - you're funny dude.

Old 08-09-2016, 03:41 PM

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
Brazil, banana republic? The 9th largest economy in the world - you're funny dude.
Honduras is supposed to be nick named the banana republic, though I am sure Brazilian bananas as just as great as the ones from Honduras ! Regardless I have watched that show Botched and frankly that is why I am in no crazy rush. My nose is not like crazy bad... it is more of what if it could be better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas