Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 12:47 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,719,822 times

Advertisements

I was trying to direct message Pueblofuerte this question ... but I hit the wrong button and lost the message. I am taking that as a sign that maybe I should open the question up to more people.

I want to go to Estereo Picnic in Bogota alone.
I am female and in my 30s. I do stuff like this alone in my own city all the time and have never got in to any problems.
However, I don't speak Spanish or know anything about the area or the culture in the city. I am not worried about the day... but more so leaving the concert at night alone. Getting lost in the day in a place you are not familar with when you dont speak the language is stressful ... but getting lost at night can be scary and dangerous. Going with someone is not an option as my husband will not want to go and if he goes he will spoil it for me because he will be complaining and want to leave. My kid is too young to go to this/ my husband would be mad if my kid went with me ( side note..... would it be really in appropriate to take an 11 year old to this... the line up does not look to controversial?).

What is your take ... should I go or avoid going?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2017, 04:53 PM

4,096 posts, read 3,719,938 times
I think its best you skip it this time around. The main reason being its not actually in Bogota but outside of it and yes the issue then is getting back at night and although I'm not too worried about the safety aspect it might be a logistical nightmare to get that Uber and + you have such a limited time in Bogota anyway. The fact that you're dragging your family so far and then just leaving them in the hotel is pretty ruthless on your part. As you said you've seen many of the acts already.

Maybe I can find a better night somewhere nearer to where you're staying that you can enjoy. What's the dates you plan to be in Bogota?

Old 02-21-2017, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
I think its best you skip it this time around. The main reason being its not actually in Bogota but outside of it and yes the issue then is getting back at night and although I'm not too worried about the safety aspect it might be a logistical nightmare to get that Uber and + you have such a limited time in Bogota anyway. The fact that you're dragging your family so far and then just leaving them in the hotel is pretty ruthless on your part. As you said you've seen many of the acts already.

Maybe I can find a better night somewhere nearer to where you're staying that you can enjoy. What's the dates you plan to be in Bogota?
Ya I was maping out the location and hotels and stuff. I was also reading some of the reviewed from locals and laughing because this is basically the same comments I made about being in Toronto and going to places like Brampton and Niagra Falls to go to a concert. Even if the concert is great dragging you butt out to a feild somewhere is a pain in the butt because these areas are not designed to handle the tracffic that events like this bring so getting in and out of the event is a huge pain. I am likely already not winning mother or wife of the year as I am not planning on giving up on my own dreams and goals to stay at home and fold towels and wash dishes so unless their is a safety risk I wound not feel too bad about dragging them out there. Also I am paying for everything so frankly minnie me and my husband should be able to deal with hanging out together for one night. I think getting home it going to be a problem so I may pass. This is totally my type of event though. Oh well. I have hoping to go at the last few days or march to the first few days of April..... but the dates are not set in stone.

Old 03-01-2017, 04:28 PM

I got my ticket !!!!! I got my ticket !!!! ( I have no idea where I am staying though?).... but regardless I got my ticket !!!!

( All talk and no action my foot .... I am lots of talk and lots of action combined !!!)

Old 03-01-2017, 04:58 PM

4,096 posts, read 3,719,938 times
Well that's a turnup for the books.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas