Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 01:25 AM

23,219 posts, read 29,044,905 times

Advertisements

The 1-2 child family idea has spread to many corners of the world. I was initially surprised to see of the low fertility rates in South America, with one exception Bolivia, around 3.3. Mexico now @ 2.2.

Will it get increasingly expensive to live there or visit there? And will they turn to robots like in Japan/Asia? And how many who have emigrated to Europe/U.S. will then do a U-turn?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2018, 06:14 AM

200 posts, read 147,065 times
The cost of living there is still comparatively low, so I don't think that will change too much.

Old 05-30-2018, 07:21 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,726,194 times
More children equals lower quality and increased poverty for most people.

Old 05-30-2018, 12:25 PM

Default ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
More children equals lower quality and increased poverty for most people.

Got cut off...

I meant lower quality of life.
Raising of family is not easy.
My husband comes from a family 12 kids.
My father-in-law was working like a horse until he died to provide for all those kids and never had a "vacation".
It is a huge responsibility and over takes everything one could or might do in a life time.
Most of his kids had between 1 to 5 kids of their own because none of them wanted to work that hard for that long.

Old 06-06-2018, 04:49 PM

15 posts, read 15,790 times
Strongly agree, The cost of living there is still comparatively low in many Central American countries, so I do not think that will change too much.

Old 06-11-2018, 09:22 AM

89 posts, read 76,120 times
I just created a post about this.

very little care is being given to this issue.

there are towns in colombia that are starting to suffer from depopulation. My paternal grandmas town for example is called Armenia, in 1995 it had 7,000 people, today its reaching 4,000, all the youth is gone and the elderly remain i nthe town, while no one reproduces anymore.

Towns like this are becoming more and more all over Colombia.

Old 06-11-2018, 08:15 PM

Default ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabb View Post
I just created a post about this.

very little care is being given to this issue.

there are towns in colombia that are starting to suffer from depopulation. My paternal grandmas town for example is called Armenia, in 1995 it had 7,000 people, today its reaching 4,000, all the youth is gone and the elderly remain i nthe town, while no one reproduces anymore.

Towns like this are becoming more and more all over Colombia.
Everyone gets one chance at life.
If they place has nothing that attracts people then why stay...... run why you can?

Who wants to have a lower quality harder life when there are better things out there?

For women even more. Having kids young usually helps ensure you will be poor/ low income. The more kids you have the worse the situations gets. If their father splits or does you are moving closer and closer to poverty. You won't be able to keep your kids safe unless you got really close family you can trust that can help raise.

I swear buy it the best thing I did as a women was get a solid education before getting married and having a child. Until women starting getting paid at a rate that fairly compensates their income potential who wants to have a bunch of kids and be broke? What the government would give a women like me a week for a maternity benefit is what we could make in one day? I can't imagine that compensation being much better anywhere else in the Americas.

I just drove 7 hours and 5 hours of that drive was through middle of no where North America and all I could say is you poor suckerd stuck in this waste land. What a waste of life You pay more and have less ... get on your bike..... car .... walk in to the city and get a taste of what life realky has to offer!

Old 06-12-2018, 05:26 AM

990 posts, read 881,155 times
How I posted in the thread here about low fertility rates in Brazil what happens is pleople having 1-2 kids in the middle of their 30 yr and investing much money in their kids education, solid families.
In the future the south americans countries will be much weathy, more middle class, but if is necessary some low skilled workers, for our socities is not a problem import enough foreigner people. We did it in our all history.

Old 06-12-2018, 03:49 PM

Default .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVANGELISTTI View Post
How I posted in the thread here about low fertility rates in Brazil what happens is pleople having 1-2 kids in the middle of their 30 yr and investing much money in their kids education, solid families.
In the future the south americans countries will be much weathy, more middle class, but if is necessary some low skilled workers, for our socities is not a problem import enough foreigner people. We did it in our all history.
I next to never seen anyone with a bunch of kids really happy.
They usually look half dead, stressed and frumpy.

In North America these big families have become almost like a freak show type fad. In North American it seems more often then not people that have this huge families tend to be a bit off ( the same can be said for people that have too many pets). Unless you are running a farm ... does not make sense.

Old 07-31-2018, 11:13 PM

104 posts, read 60,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
The 1-2 child family idea has spread to many corners of the world. I was initially surprised to see of the low fertility rates in South America, with one exception Bolivia, around 3.3. Mexico now @ 2.2.

Will it get increasingly expensive to live there or visit there? And will they turn to robots like in Japan/Asia? And how many who have emigrated to Europe/U.S. will then do a U-turn?
LOL robots. Don’t worry that is not gonna happen any time soon. Technology is still a little behind over there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas