Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2018, 11:35 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,726,194 times

Advertisements

Looking for advice or tips from anyone who has even been a part of a Carnival Parade in the Americas.

Specifically things you would advise to not forget to have with you or things to avoid doing.

Any other tips would be great !

Also looking for tips for make up and food wear.

I need to figure out tips to keeping it all on and intact for the entire event.

Or something really cool.... but I want to know from anyone who has worn this type of look at an event like this it 1/2 through it is going to start coming off and look stupid as I will not have time to touch up once the event starts.

If you have any ideas, tips or know of any really great sites or youtube videos with tutorials please shared. I only have around 2 months to figures out what I want to do and time is running out.

I don't want this in the Fashion Section of the Forum as based on my past experiences in that forum it is the wrong demographic and they wont have a clue.

Last edited by klmrocks; 06-04-2018 at 01:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2018, 12:11 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,405,340 times
Just wear a thong bikini and make sure you are showing as much skin as posible.

Oh yeah and flip flops.

Old 06-04-2018, 12:21 PM

Default ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Just wear a thong bikini and make sure you are showing as much skin as posible.

Oh yeah and flip flops.
Boooooo!!! Bad advice on many levels.

When you attend these events you are going to be walking and around and dancing on a road for up to 6 hours and in costume for up to 10 hours. So you need to balance comfort with glamour.

Also you need to think of where you are going to put your stuff. So now I have to design a small bag to match my costume to keep my photos, money and necessities. Men and women are so different in this way.

Also as a fair person who will serious get burnt to a crisp out in the sun for that long. I would not last the event dressed like that even with sunscreen. Sunscreen is another issue. How to apply it without messing up make up and were to put it so you can reapply.

Flip flops are not a good idea. The will break and you will end up walking around barefoot. Lots of people wear sneakers ... but I kind of don't want to as it will not look good with my costume.

Also these costumes even the ones with little fabric cost a lot. So if you are going to spend all that money to take part in the event you want to pull of a good look ( or at least I do).

I need to find foot wear that is functional and looks good with the costume.

Also not all of the costumes are "a thong bikini" though in the one I am taking part in many are... but not all.

My costume is a lot more modest ex shorts and a full body suit.

I was just about to delete this thread.

I should of long gave up on trying to see if there were any other out going females on this forum .

When I post in the fashion forum area I get feedback from the type of women posting thread about "where to find the cheapest cotton wear" .

When I post anywhere else I get "male" advice ( not even gay male advise ).

Where have all the fun women or drag queens gone when I need serious makeup/ fashion advice ).

Last edited by klmrocks; 06-04-2018 at 12:36 PM..

Old 06-04-2018, 01:13 PM

I didn't realize that was Rhianna. I like her hair.

Old 06-04-2018, 01:46 PM

Default .....

Quote:
I didn't realize that was Rhianna. I like her hair.
I love her costume and the jewelry she is wearing with it.

I have to negotiate with the customer designer on if I can add my own touches without getting them mad lol!

Those extra touches are really expensive to add and if you don't want to clash with their vision for the event.

Now I want the choker and the a head piece.

That head piece alone likely cost $200 plus and it is not even a big one.

I am going to forward the photo to the costume designer lol ....

Now I am seriously going to be borrowing a lot of this look.

Excited !

I am crazy picky and no one better then you is going to know how to best compliment your style.

The designers going to kill me lol.

I serious want then to give me the jewels, feathers and based on the costume so I can add the touches the way I want.

It might down stupid... but if you are putting things on a costume and the person in not wearing the costume it might accent areas the person would rather not accent and no one is going to care more about the way you look in something then you.

Old 06-04-2018, 03:10 PM

So this is all for Caribana? You should send me a pic of your outfit.

Old 06-04-2018, 03:26 PM

Default ....

Quote:
So this is all for Caribana? You should send me a pic of your outfit.
That info is top secrete .

Not even my husband is seeing this costume.

This is one specific event and occasion I am not sharing with anyone else !

For me it is about getting dressed up for a huge costume ball where no one knows me and I can have fun without having to worry about anyone else or being judge ( though it is a competition )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du9Pa2G67Sc

I want to be free from the distractions of being anyone to anyone.

Not a wife... not a mother... not a daughter ... not a sister... .cousin ... friend etc.

Just me ... my costume and the event !

I REALLY would want to be in the Carnival Queen Competition wearing one of those costumes ...... but I don't have $25 000 plus to spend on a costume so I had to settle lol.... ( but I am not dead yet ... and if one of those Queens trips and breaks their neck ... I am going to be there waiting and ready to upgrade lol .... after all you can't let a good costume go unworn and the show must go on lol )

Last edited by klmrocks; 06-04-2018 at 03:41 PM..

Old 06-04-2018, 03:45 PM

Don't you have to twerk or dance to be one of those queens? Send me a pic after the carnival.

Old 06-04-2018, 08:41 PM

Default ......m

Quote:
Don't you have to twerk or dance to be one of those queens? Send me a pic after the carnival.
Not exactly.

It is more like shaking or twisting around.

The costumes are huge so you are more walking and shaking your hips.... this I could do.

You just reminded me of what I am more worried about.
I don't mind dancing with other women ..... but I am not dancing with men. The drunker they get the more vulgar or pushy they become. I have to figure out how to navigate that situation and people wanting to take pictures. Another thing I hate doing.

Thanks for reminding me ( sarcasm intended)

Last edited by klmrocks; 06-04-2018 at 08:56 PM..

Old 06-04-2018, 11:18 PM

Yeah I got a little carried away. My comments were a bit vulgar. I apologize.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas