U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-26-2019, 11:13 AM
 
112 posts, read 20,233 times
Reputation: 63

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVANGELISTTI View Post
So by your definition of south cone the most developed area of Latin America is not the south cone… Is Sao Paulo state (45 millions people), with superior HDI and GDP per capita.

you dont get to cookie cut what you like and leave out what you dont.
you cant just choose a city of your liking and use it as prop.
brazil sucks, and so does sao paulo.

Puerto Rico is the most developed part of latam in both income and IDH

Sao paulo state just has a GDP Per capita of US$24,867 (PPP) less than Chile 25,978$ (PPP) or Panama ($25,674) and way less than Caribbean islands like Bahamas(33,494) or Trinidad (32,254)


Here is the URL from the world bank for 2018:
https://data.worldbank.org/indicator....CD?view=chart,

Last edited by Grabandgo; 04-26-2019 at 11:24 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-26-2019, 11:56 AM
 
729 posts, read 381,231 times
Reputation: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabandgo View Post
you dont get to cookie cut what you like and leave out what you dont.
you cant just choose a city of your liking and use it as prop.
brazil sucks, and so does sao paulo.

Puerto Rico is the most developed part of latam in both income and IDH

Sao paulo state just has a GDP Per capita of US$24,867 (PPP) less than Chile 25,978$ (PPP) or Panama ($25,674) and way less than Caribbean islands like Bahamas(33,494) or Trinidad (32,254)


Here is the URL from the world bank for 2018:
https://data.worldbank.org/indicator....CD?view=chart,
Puerto Rico is supported by US taxpayers money, it is an US colony. The richest caribbean islands are taxes havens, Panana has the channel, Trinidad has oil. All small socities not comparable with one 45 million state developed because its industrialization.

Each Brazilian state is more a country itself than these tiny countries.
Chile is the unique South cone country with GDP per capita few dollars more than Sao Paulo. Chile what many people say is already a developed country.

But the idea here is prove that the idea of this thread is false. The whiter Argentina, Uruguay and South Brazil are not the richer, the most developed area of Latin America, it is Chile alone and Sao Paulo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2019, 12:21 PM
 
715 posts, read 476,233 times
Reputation: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabandgo View Post
montevideo looks just like Porto, or Naples, you have a very weird idea of what first world is.
you drive around the american south and is the first world but is full of poverty and infrastructure lacking.

I doubt there are place in said cities that look like this, cantegriles, the Uruguayan favelas:





both Portugal and Italy (even southern Italy) are much wealthier than Uruguay. Minimum wage in Portugal: 700 Euro. Uruguay: 389 Euro.


Any person in the Americanian (or Unitedstasian) South makes 5x what an Uruguayan makes. Wages are exponentially higher.


Agree with your other post pointing out that most of the wealthiest and most developed countries south of the USA are Black majority and Mestizo majority countries such as Panama, T&T, Barbados, Antigua and Barbuda or Chile.

Last edited by joacocanal; 04-26-2019 at 12:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2019, 12:43 PM
 
112 posts, read 20,233 times
Reputation: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVANGELISTTI View Post
Puerto Rico is supported by US taxpayers money, it is an US colony. The richest caribbean islands are taxes havens, Panana has the channel, Trinidad has oil. All small socities not comparable with one 45 million state developed because its industrialization.

Each Brazilian state is more a country itself than these tiny countries.
Chile is the unique South cone country with GDP per capita few dollars more than Sao Paulo. Chile what many people say is already a developed country.

But the idea here is prove that the idea of this thread is false. The whiter Argentina, Uruguay and South Brazil are not the richer, the most developed area of Latin America, it is Chile alone and Sao Paulo.

how they all got to be richer than Sao Paulo is irrrelevant, they are richer and thats a fact.
Sao paulo is not even the richest state in brazil. is second.

Sao Paulo has a large economy because has a lot of people, 40 million people is more than many countries, but when divided in percapita GDP is not richer than other areas and if we single out lest say Panama city or Santiago out of their countries, the difference would be even larger. Sao paulo is just marginally richer than Uruguay in a percapita basis.

Last edited by Grabandgo; 04-26-2019 at 12:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2019, 12:54 PM
 
729 posts, read 381,231 times
Reputation: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabandgo View Post
how they all got to be richer than Sao Paulo is irrrelevant, they are richer and thats a fact.
Sao paulo is not even the richest state in brazil. is second.
Brasilia is not a state.

Barbados, Bahamas, Panama, Trinidad all they have HDI much lower than Sao Paulo so they are not really richer, with big middle class of professional workers or running business, they only have one economic activit that inflate the GPD of their small economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2019, 01:04 PM
 
729 posts, read 381,231 times
Reputation: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabandgo View Post
how they all got to be richer than Sao Paulo is irrrelevant, they are richer and thats a fact.
Sao paulo is not even the richest state in brazil. is second.

Sao Paulo has a large economy because has a lot of people, 40 million people is more than many countries, but when divided in percapita GDP is not richer than other areas and if we single out lest say Panama city or Santiago out of their countries, the difference would be even larger. Sao paulo is just marginally richer than Uruguay in a percapita basis.
Large economy, as well high percapita and HDI.

We are not talking about ONE CITY, we are talking about one STATE (countries are states) Brazil is a federal union, if Sao Paulo want to be independent (Sao Paulo fought against federal brazilian union in 1932 for that) Sao Paulo will work like a self sufficient country since the first day.

Sao Paulo has more than 600 cities and is little bigger in area than UK. (Sao Paulo 248.222 km˛ — UK 243.610 km˛)

Last edited by EVANGELISTTI; 04-26-2019 at 01:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2019, 01:06 PM
 
112 posts, read 20,233 times
Reputation: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVANGELISTTI View Post
Brasilia is not a state.

Barbados, Bahamas, Panama, Trinidad all they have HDI much lower than Sao Paulo so they are not really richer, with big middle class of professional workers or running business, they only have one economic activit that inflate the GPD of their small economy.
They all have HDI at the very high category or above 800.

this is the top 10 plus SP:

Country GDP (PPP)
1 Bahamas 33,494
2 Trinidad 32,254
3 Antigua 27,981
4 Chile 25,978
5 Panama 25,674
Sao Paulo 24,867
6 Uruguay 23,274
7 Mexico 20,602
8 Argentina 20,537
9 Barbados 18,534
10 Dominican R. 18,424

You argument should be that Sao paulo has been the region of latam where the most people enjoy the high economic and education standard. thats a argument that can be sustained.

but if we gonna use that logic then mexico is the richest country with 120 million and a 20,602$ GDP (PPP)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2019, 01:41 PM
 
729 posts, read 381,231 times
Reputation: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabandgo View Post
They all have HDI at the very high category or above 800.

this is the top 10 plus SP:

Country GDP (PPP)
1 Bahamas 33,494
2 Trinidad 32,254
3 Antigua 27,981
4 Chile 25,978
5 Panama 25,674
Sao Paulo 24,867
6 Uruguay 23,274
7 Mexico 20,602
8 Argentina 20,537
9 Barbados 18,534
10 Dominican R. 18,424

You argument should be that Sao paulo has been the region of latam where the most people enjoy the high economic and education standard. thats a argument that can be sustained.

but if we gonna use that logic then mexico is the richest country with 120 million and a 20,602$ GDP (PPP)
huummm but look the GINI of Sao Paulo it is first world standard and makes most of the people enjoy high living standard

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2019, 02:07 PM
 
112 posts, read 20,233 times
Reputation: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVANGELISTTI View Post
Brasilia is not a state.

Barbados, Bahamas, Panama, Trinidad all they have HDI much lower than Sao Paulo so they are not really richer, with big middle class of professional workers or running business, they only have one economic activit that inflate the GPD of their small economy.
thats also an irrelevant comparison, they are richer, because their incomes are higher.
your argument is like saying that India is richer than Luxembourg because its economy is bigger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2019, 02:11 PM
 
112 posts, read 20,233 times
Reputation: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVANGELISTTI View Post
huummm but look the GINI of Sao Paulo it is first world standard and makes most of the people enjoy high living standard
A gini of .40 is pretty 3rd world.

about the same as philipines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top