U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-02-2019, 01:11 PM
 
279 posts, read 152,290 times
Reputation: 180

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untasted View Post
8) Even if southern cone had 3 or 5 millions (pure indigenous) population it will still way less than that of Mexico , Peru, North Brazil or even Colombia
No, it would not be less. It would be a lot more. Chile alone has a greater indigenous population than Colombia despite being a smaller country and a far less populated one: +2 millon versus 1.3 approx. found in Colombia.

Chile has a strong indigenous heritage and its capital city was founded by the Incas. Overall Chile is closer to Peru than it is to Argentina or Uruguay culturally and ethnically wise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-02-2019, 01:30 PM
 
279 posts, read 152,290 times
Reputation: 180
European architecture in Colombia is mostly Spanish, Spanish influence in Colombia is strong but you can also find countless neighbourhoods resembling the British Isles in cities like Bogota. In the 20th century Buenos Aires followed French architectural trends, Bogota followed English ones. The moorland and the evergreen countryside known as Sabana de Bogota surrounding the city add up to the feeling. They feel just like the English countryside and the Scottish highlands, respectively.

DSCF1273 by Jürgen Bauer, on Flickr

IMG_2992 by Bob Schall, on Flickr

Ciclovia en Bogotá by CaroPava, on Flickr

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2019, 01:42 PM
 
Location: London, UK
2,876 posts, read 1,552,429 times
Reputation: 1621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabandgo View Post
what European city does ny looks like? belgrade? NY looks nothing like Europe.
No-one's said anything about Belgrade. Or that NY looks like Europe. What are you smoking?

London is perhaps the closest to NY but even then there's a large difference. Some aspects of New York does have a European influence however.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2019, 07:29 AM
 
729 posts, read 382,672 times
Reputation: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oraculo View Post
European architecture in Colombia is mostly Spanish, Spanish influence in Colombia is strong but you can also find countless neighbourhoods resembling the British Isles in cities like Bogota. In the 20th century Buenos Aires followed French architectural trends, Bogota followed English ones. The moorland and the evergreen countryside known as Sabana de Bogota surrounding the city add up to the feeling. They feel just like the English countryside and the Scottish highlands, respectively.

DSCF1273 by Jürgen Bauer, on Flickr

IMG_2992 by Bob Schall, on Flickr

Ciclovia en Bogotá by CaroPava, on Flickr
Bogotá and Medellin have really impressive British architecture all over both cities. I standed really surprised when visited both cities early this year... I thought it would be much more like some random place in Castilla y Leon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2019, 08:08 AM
 
146 posts, read 27,953 times
Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabandgo View Post
what European city does ny looks like? belgrade? NY looks nothing like Europe.
That's true . I always leave Europe alone . No former European colonies soil like the USA , Canada , Australia or Argentina can be compared to Europe itself . Yes there are similarities among European cities and some cities like Buenos Aires , New York or Montreal but Europe is still very much on a different level . Politically, in architecture, mentally , regarding human rights and quality of life , without the need to mention the economic and social aspects . I myself live in Europe and I could never go back in live in the USA for instance .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2019, 08:51 PM
 
Location: Canada
4,811 posts, read 4,445,290 times
Reputation: 3262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Untasted View Post
That's true . I always leave Europe alone . No former European colonies soil like the USA , Canada , Australia or Argentina can be compared to Europe itself . Yes there are similarities among European cities and some cities like Buenos Aires , New York or Montreal but Europe is still very much on a different level . Politically, in architecture, mentally , regarding human rights and quality of life , without the need to mention the economic and social aspects . I myself live in Europe and I could never go back in live in the USA for instance .


Quality of life in Canada usually ranks higher than most of Europe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2019, 06:27 AM
 
146 posts, read 27,953 times
Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
[/i][/b]

Quality of life in Canada usually ranks higher than most of Europe.
Speaking of quality of life , according to ( MERCER quality of life living survey) that ranks 231 cities in all the 6 Inhabitable (continents ) these are the top 5 cities with the highest score
In south America as of 2019. All of them in Southern Cone except for Barasilia.

1) Montevideo #78
2) Buenos Aires #91
3) Santiago #93
4) Brasilia #107
5) Asuncion #115
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2019, 06:49 AM
 
146 posts, read 27,953 times
Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
[/i][/b]

Quality of life in Canada usually ranks higher than most of Europe.

There's only one Canadian city in the top 10 among the cities with the highest quality of life most of them being European. (According to MERCER )

1. Vienna
2. Zurich
3. Auckland
4. Munich
5. Vancouver
6. Dusseldorf
7. Frankfurt
8. Geneva
9. Copenhagen
10. Sydney
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2019, 07:24 AM
 
Location: Canada
4,811 posts, read 4,445,290 times
Reputation: 3262
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-cou...LBT1ZFHWn5s_rs

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/27/us-n...y-of-life.html

https://www.ctvnews.ca/lifestyle/can...list-1.4265201
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2019, 01:04 PM
 
120 posts, read 52,964 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Untasted View Post
There's only one Canadian city in the top 10 among the cities with the highest quality of life most of them being European. (According to MERCER )

1. Vienna
2. Zurich
3. Auckland
4. Munich
5. Vancouver
6. Dusseldorf
7. Frankfurt
8. Geneva
9. Copenhagen
10. Sydney
Those are the countries where a normal human can NOT find human touch, form social skills or have a healthy mental state.

Look at how sorry the swedes are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n12Z9gKbI6Y


Look how much human warmth and company you find here in a medium size city in Peru.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi8pjyBll5k
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top