U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2019, 06:26 PM
Status: "Then everything change forever..." (set 11 days ago)

5,166 posts, read 8,017,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPilot View Post
1) with 40 million or so living in the U.S, you mexicans are a disgrace and extremely bad PR for the rest of the region. Chileans are very lucky to be excluded from VISA requirements considering the amount of damage your ppl have done.
The average Mexican that is seen at least in the northeastern USA and the typical Mexican that is seen in the central part of Mexico (which is where most of the people live) are very different. Even in the predominant look most are different in Mexico.

The other thing is that that poster is right, Mexican immigrants don’t immigrate as much as they did in the past. Most are from Central America (mostly from Honduras, El Salvador, and Guatemala). Many stay in Mexico, but most head for the US.

As far as I know, Chile got off the visa requirement in the USA quite recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPilot
2) Barbados and the other island nations have high GDP for other reasons; not salaries, subway system, universities, etc are there. Having high GDP means american hotels in barbados for example are reeling in the cash from american tourists. The money investment increases the nation's GDP but doesn't trickle down. That's why the quality of public spaces are so vastly in different levels.
I don’t know if you have been to Barbados, but that island actually looks good considering its GDP per capita. Like most of the rest of the English Caribbean, ever since the English gave them their independence in the 1960’s they have a problem of sufficient economic growth. A consequence is not only that the subregion has got poorer through the years, but other countries (some in the Caribbean) have been catching up and many surpassed what was once one of America’s richest region. Barbado itself isn’t as rich today vis-a-vis some of its neighbors a few decades ago. Everything points that things will continue for the recent future. Even Jamaica is hardly growing and that has been the case for several decades now (that island is a major part of the English Caribbean).

https://atlas.media.mit.edu/en/profile/country/brb/

https://atlas.media.mit.edu/en/profile/country/chl/

https://atlas.media.mit.edu/en/profile/country/mex/

https://atlas.media.mit.edu/en/profile/country/dom/

https://atlas.media.mit.edu/en/profile/country/gtm/

https://atlas.media.mit.edu/en/profile/country/bra/

https://atlas.media.mit.edu/en/profile/country/hti/

https://atlas.media.mit.edu/en/profile/country/per/

https://atlas.media.mit.edu/en/profile/country/esp/

https://atlas.media.mit.edu/en/profile/country/usa/

Quote:
3) Chile's boom started after allende's hyper inflation was subdued. it's all over the economy books here in Sweden. Has nothing to do with america, the US backed the coup, but the Chileans themselves put the market economy in place. Please read up on the chicago boys.
It is well known that after Allende Chile followed the free market principles of the Chicago boys, which was a set of Economists from the School of Business of the University of Chicago. What isn’t as well known is that Chile also depends a lot to Copper, which has done well during the last decades of the last century and the first decades of the current century.

Quote:
4) Chile confuses everyone (including myself) for it's extremely high-tech, high tier infrastructure. Please go back a few pages and check comparison pictures. It's 100% in the southern cone. You saying that crap says more about you than you think
That country doesn’t confuse me. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2019, 10:26 AM

142 posts, read 26,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
I spoke too soon. SMH

I guess to the Untasted poster I must be very lucky to descend of one of the conquistadors, which should make me one of the oldest generations in all of America, even older than most Americans. Iím probably an older generation in the Western Hemisphere than the Untasted himself. lol
You guys people NOT from the Southern Cone area are just sooo dumb ( no wonder why Latinoamerica has a bad reputation). (Illegal inmigration, bad education system, one of the most violent areas in the world), And just so you know like it or not (the southern cone ) is still very well known as a more advanced region in Latin America and is one of the areas with the highest HDI in the world. I know it's hard for you to swallow but deal with it. Whenever we see Mexico, Colombia, Venezuela or even most part of Brazil (except Parana, santa Catarina and Rio grande do sul ) we will have a fair discussion. Until that happens all your arguments are just personal views based on bitterness. Let's see what the official sources show us in the upcoming years .

Old 06-09-2019, 07:51 PM

5,802 posts, read 9,467,884 times
Quote:
I guess to the Untasted poster I must be very lucky to descend of one of the conquistadors, which should make me one of the oldest generations in all of America, even older than most Americans.
except for the Native Americans.

Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-11-2019 at 08:49 PM.. Reason: Rude and off-topic.

Old 06-09-2019, 08:01 PM
Status: "Then everything change forever..." (set 11 days ago)

5,166 posts, read 8,017,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Untasted View Post
You guys people NOT from the Southern Cone area are just sooo dumb ( no wonder why Latinoamerica has a bad reputation).
I have actually been to Chile and Argentina.

Have you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80skeys View Post
except for the Native Americans.
I have some of that DNA too. It is less than 10%, but that should add a good 2-3,000 years. lol

Old 06-09-2019, 10:26 PM

Quote:

Have you?

I have some of that DNA too. It is less than 10%, but that should add a good 2-3,000 years. lol
I'm (actually) from the region. Are you ?, (Obviously not)

Let me tell you after living for a decade in the US and now between Spain and the UK , just by observing the majority of the Latino inmigrants in those countries (Mexicans, central americans, Colombians , ecuadorians, venezuelans and Brazilians depending of where they from ) is very obvious that the avarage person from the southern cone has a way more Caucasian composition. Those other Latinos are rather Mestizo , with either more native or black tendencies . (Yes you see some exceptions but not significant).
And in terms of (development), Santiago, Buenos Aires, Uruguay , Paraguay , or Southern Brazil (have indeed ) poor areas, but if we are gonna talk about (shanty towns or slums ) Mexico City, Bogota, Caracas , Sao Paulo o Rio d jeneiro would be the winners for sure, their slums are city likes

Last edited by Untasted; 06-09-2019 at 10:49 PM..

Old 06-09-2019, 11:00 PM

Quote:

Have you?

Oh look at you Antonio ( I can even see your face blushing through the internet)

You (only) have 10% of (that ) dna?? . Let's talk about the other millions of your people , (do they only have 10% as well?) . Talk about your country as a whole not only about you .

Old 06-10-2019, 03:28 AM

I smell a lot of Latinos (not from the southern cone ) who were probably raised in the USA or in another non Latino country and are now trying to make their home countries look like heaven . (It happens ) but development is not just about (numbers or infrastructure) , it's also about (social and safety)

Old 06-10-2019, 07:14 AM

448 posts, read 562,132 times
Quote:
I smell a lot of Latinos (not from the southern cone ) who were probably raised in the USA or in another non Latino country and are now trying to make their home countries look like heaven . (It happens ) but development is not just about (numbers or infrastructure) , it's also about (social and safety)
I've lived in no less than three continents, over 60 (maybe 80?) countries visited and they still don't listen. You are absolutely right, untasted

Old 06-10-2019, 09:48 AM

713 posts, read 474,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPilot View Post
Read the stupid data collection source from that page:

"This data set contains 436 admixed South American individuals together with 204 European individuals from the POPRES stud..."

"We then ran clustering models for K = 2 through K = 15 ancestral populations with ADMIXTURE [25] on a total of 1,233 individuals"

wow a grand total of 1233 individuals were involved. idiot.

it's called an statistical sample, saco de mierda. It's mean to be statistically representative. Did you even went to school?

Last edited by joacocanal; 06-10-2019 at 09:58 AM..

Old 06-10-2019, 10:06 AM

713 posts, read 474,943 times
Quote:
1) your supposedly figures and studies still haven't changed the fact that southern cone countries still have the highest HDI in Latin America , (now I'm the stubborn one?)
another topic we discussed all over the thread. HDI is just one of many social indices, and in most other indices, Southern Cone countries lag behind several other Latino countries. Especially Argentina, which is a backwards, broken country.

HDI shows that Venezuela is supposedly more developed than Colombia, Ecuador or Peru, when there are millions of Venezuelans in these countries. HDI is just too limited, and their sources are outdated or are based in estimations.

Quote:
2) I (specifically ) mentioned (published by Forbes with quoara as a contributor), I'm glad you have been reading the comments . Your the type of people who just question anything even official sources and even try to change facts just because they might look cuter for you . (Example , trying to whiten up your Colombia by posting pictures of some (models ) laughable .lol
I'm the one posting official sources and real data and numbers, and you just make stupid claims with no basis. The one posting models pictures was Pueblofuerte, not me.

Quote:
3) Forbes published about the equatorial paradox and you still think there's no any correlation? .. (eye rolls)
I proved there isn't, with several arguments you ignored (again).

Quote:
4) we're talking about Post European Colonism. Not about (ancient ) times, btw how are the Mayans , Egyptians and Indians doing in today's world ??? (Oh poor )
no we are not, you idiot. We can't just select randomly whatever period of history that suits your arguments.

but in case we were talking about Post European Colonialism, you'd still be wrong, because both Mexico, Costa Rica, Panama and Chile are much less White than Argentina, but more developed and wealthier.

Quote:
5) what????? ((((Mexico, which is just wealthier and has much better conditions for its working class population.)))) ??????
, Go tell this to the millions of inmigrants still crossing the USA/Mexico border .
as someone already said, since a few years, there are more Mexicans coming back to Mexico from the US, than the opposite.

https://www.pewhispanic.org/2015/11/...ng-to-the-u-s/

Quote:
6) speaking of (correlation) isn't it ironic that another country from the southern cone area is the most developed in Latin America ??
one single case case (one country) doesn't make a "correlation".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or