Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2019, 06:31 PM

877 posts, read 906,114 times

Advertisements

who said the bus in that pic is not regulated? just because it's colorful doesn't meant it isn't.

I think that favela in Panama City doesn't exist anymore, but there are remaining campamentos (Chilean favela) in Santiago.

if it's about skyscrapers, Panamanian ones are taller and more numerous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2019, 06:39 PM

491 posts, read 749,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joacocanal View Post

the point is that the Southern Cone is not the wealthiest area in LatAm, nor the most prosperous, developed or anything, as it was already proved in this whole thread.
you are a troll without knowledge, without travels. I have been in 17 countries in north and south america. you? keyboard warrior?

Reality is that southern cone has an entirely different looks and feel than the rest of south america. The rest of the world agrees with me. Check US Visa Waiver, Canada, EU, Australia, etc for it's visa requirements.

Btw, we can have this conversation in 6 different languages

Old 05-24-2019, 06:42 PM

Quote:

I think that favela in Panama City doesn't exist anymore, but there are remaining campamentos (Chilean favela) in Santiago.

if it's about skyscrapers, Panamanian ones are taller and more numerous.
you are an idiot wasting my time.

No there are no favelas in santiago for decades I heard. I lived there for 6 frigging years I should know.

I have 12 shorter visits to panama city. you cant argue dude
look at the cabs, cars, buildings (remember the skyscrapers in stgo have all expensive materials and must be computer controlled for the earthquakes making them 6-7 times as costly as here in stockholm for example

Old 05-24-2019, 06:44 PM

Quote:
who said the bus in that pic is not regulated? just because it's colorful doesn't meant it isn't.
those buses I've been on, they are called something red devils I think. you should google it and learn something before spewing ignorance all over the threads you participate in

Old 05-24-2019, 06:51 PM

Cheap concrete buildings in PANAMA:

------

Santiago, CHILE Buildings are all computerized smart earthquake resistant expensive buildings

The cost of the costanera center 300m alone is higher than most of the clustered buildings in the ocean side put together in panama.

When I say Santiago is ahead of Panama, I don't mean by little. The difference is like Sweden and Romania

Last edited by MrPilot; 05-24-2019 at 07:05 PM..

Old 05-24-2019, 11:15 PM

6,288 posts, read 11,738,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabandgo View Post
Is funny how people here go to great lengths to disqualify small black islands as "tax heavens" but have no issue with Ireland, or Switzerland being tax heavens also.
That's a good point to make.

Old 05-24-2019, 11:19 PM

6,288 posts, read 11,738,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPilot View Post
Reality is that southern cone has an entirely different looks and feel than the rest of south america.
I talk with people in Argentina who tell me nowadays everything has gone to crap down there, lot of people finding it difficult to get food, lack of jobs, a lot more robberies. What do you say about this?

Old 05-25-2019, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80skeys View Post
I talk with people in Argentina who tell me nowadays everything has gone to crap down there, lot of people finding it difficult to get food, lack of jobs, a lot more robberies. What do you say about this?
I say build walls and cut immigration. Also Argentines have always had a roller coaster economy
but, you can't find this in latin america ouside of the southern cone:

ARGENTINA

Even if you take the nicest sector in miraflores, lima, it'd still be obvious it's a developing country.

Look at the old town Santiago vs Panama I posted earlier it pretty much says it all.

Old 05-25-2019, 05:36 AM

4,095 posts, read 3,684,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPilot View Post

Reality is that southern cone has an entirely different looks and feel than the rest of south america. The rest of the world agrees with me. Check US Visa Waiver, Canada, EU, Australia, etc for it's visa requirements.
Not all Cono Sur is Chile, there is no doubt that Chile is the most developed country in LatAm its also a Mestizo majority country with similar or even less white population than Costa Rica, Colombia, Venezuela and Cuba (pre-revolution).

Mexico is actually pretty much on par with Argentina on Passport index with Costa Rica not far behind.

It may have been traditionally so that the Conosur (or at least Argentina the most important) was among the most prosperous but with each passing year that continues less-so to be the case.

Finally although I agree that Panama is by and large economically wealthy but not necessarily infrastructure/order/education wealthy. This is probably due to its dramatic growth of 7% yearly and the order should come eventually, sort of like a Taiwan.

The point is that Chile is one thing and Argentina is another and the rise of Mexico especially is showing that the Conosur no longer is the most prosperous region in Latin America and if it does hold some advantages its from past achievements which no longer puts food on the table or provides opportunities for the regular person in Argentina, the "white" country. Whereas the opposite is true for Chile, the "Mestizo" country.

FYI your comparison with Sweden and Romania is flawed because Romania doesn't have a current higher GDP per Capita than Sweden. I would say its more like a Malaysia/Taiwan difference. Or perhaps a Cyprus/Spain difference.

Old 05-25-2019, 05:54 AM

4,095 posts, read 3,684,006 times
Puerto Madero isn't really that unique.

Santa Fe, Mexico

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas