Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2019, 09:43 PM

219 posts, read 172,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
Show just one Native American civilization that had hospitals that wasn’t introduced by the Europeans. I’ll wait.

Tic...

Toc...

The surgical techniques for head injuries and limb amputations performed by the Ancient Incas were better, safer and less painful than those performed by the American Civil War doctors of the 19th century. The Incas knew about anesthetics which were produced from Coca extracts.

Civil war doctors did not know anything about anesthesia in those days, neither did Europeans. To amputate a leg in Europe, the patient was given whisky and and it took three men to hold him down and another to saw off a leg.

The Incas also used quinine to treat the general shakes and shivering effects from the cold and specifically against organisms that caused infections.
Pain management revolutionized modern day surgery, just think extreme pain causes shock.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2018...il-war-doctors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyWgaWWB5b8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2019, 02:55 AM

10,056 posts, read 14,929,390 times
As of yet, not a single person has mention one hospital in the Americas before the arrival of the Europeans. I guess beating around the bush is preferable when a complete answer isn’t able to be provided.

Old 06-25-2019, 05:23 AM

4,096 posts, read 3,719,938 times
Quote:
As of yet, not a single person has mention one hospital in the Americas before the arrival of the Europeans. I guess beating around the bush is preferable when a complete answer isn’t able to be provided.
I already ceded on some text book versions of a hospital that you're adhering to. However, there is another school of thought that what we know as a hospital today didn't appear until the 18th century.

Medicine-wise though the native peoples were no less knowledgeable than the Europeans at the time. That's the falsities and the premise being pedalled by others.

Old 06-26-2019, 05:49 PM

16 posts, read 9,411 times
Quote:
You should stop bragging so much about your Europeaness, simply because YOU ARE NOT EUROPEAN!. Most of the people on this thread werent born and raised in the old continent so we don't care about who descents from us . As far as I understand Latin America is poor in almost all aspects
North / South Americans ,and Australians are just Europeans wannabes. Wake up!

Old 06-26-2019, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumRules2000 View Post
You should stop bragging so much about your Europeaness, simply because YOU ARE NOT EUROPEAN!. Most of the people on this thread werent born and raised in the old continent so we don't care about who descents from us . As far as I understand Latin America is poor in almost all aspects
North / South Americans ,and Australians are just Europeans wannabes. Wake up!
You created an account in a forum for this?

I can only go by the way that I’m treated in Europe (mostly Spain), which isn’t like your attitude at all and nothing will change that. That’s besides the point, at least of what I said in the lasts posts. In fact, your post has nothing to do with mine post. Makes me wonder if you’re even a real person or a suck puppet.

Old 06-27-2019, 03:32 AM

Quote:
You created an account in a forum for this?

I can only go by the way that I’m treated in Europe (mostly Spain), which isn’t like your attitude at all and nothing will change that. That’s besides the point, at least of what I said in the lasts posts. In fact, your post has nothing to do with mine post. Makes me wonder if you’re even a real person or a suck puppet.
You sound like a fake European wannabe to me with all the respect, I dont understand why people in America , Australia or South Africa are obsessed with being white, Caucasian or to call themselves Europeans , to be european you have to be born and raised here.

Go take care of your country man, you got your independency from Europeans long time ago so you should be embracing your indigenous roots . Id rather go and see the great estructures the Mayas and incas left to the human kind instead of hearing some pretentious multiracial people from Argentina or Brazil talking about how European influenced they are . You don't fool anyone
Europe is for the real Europeans . Not for someone like you who thinks visiting the old continent make him less South American you think you know everybody in Spain or that you'll know more than someone who is ACTUALLY from Europe and not just a visitor ? . What a bubble you live in ! Lol
The so called more prosperous southern cone region is just a fantasy . Are you preventing me from creating any account I want to make any point I want ?...

Last edited by ForumRules2000; 06-27-2019 at 04:03 AM..

Old 06-27-2019, 09:58 AM

Quote:
You sound like a fake European wannabe to me with all the respect, I dont understand why people in America , Australia or South Africa are obsessed with being white, Caucasian or to call themselves Europeans , to be european you have to be born and raised here.

Go take care of your country man, you got your independency from Europeans long time ago so you should be embracing your indigenous roots . Id rather go and see the great estructures the Mayas and incas left to the human kind instead of hearing some pretentious multiracial people from Argentina or Brazil talking about how European influenced they are . You don't fool anyone
Europe is for the real Europeans . Not for someone like you who thinks visiting the old continent make him less South American you think you know everybody in Spain or that you'll know more than someone who is ACTUALLY from Europe and not just a visitor ? . What a bubble you live in ! Lol
The so called more prosperous southern cone region is just a fantasy . Are you preventing me from creating any account I want to make any point I want ?...
Too bad you’re not worth much. Its not my saying, just the way people are in the parts of that continent that I visit. They are so different from you its not even funny. Nothing you say will undo the experiences over there.

Like I said previously, you joined a forum just for that? Ha ha ha... What a fool. To make matters worst, none of your posts even have to do with the topic of this thread. Nothing of what you say will undo how I have been treated. lol

Old 06-27-2019, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Too bad you’re not worth much. Its not my saying, just the way people are in the parts of that continent that I visit. They are so different from you its not even funny. Nothing you say will undo the experiences over there.

Like I said previously, you joined a forum just for that? Ha ha ha... What a fool. To make matters worst, none of your posts even have to do with the topic of this thread. Nothing of what you say will undo how I have been treated. lol
Yeah yeah yeah someone seeking for European approval is the one who's not worth much lol keep dreaming all you want but just make sure to stay out , we don't need more migrants or refugees or supposedly European descenants.
the First Golden rule among real Europeans is this , don't you think you're any special .!!! The European continent has over 50 nations , each of them with its own language, culture and political views but we've still been able to unify as one through the EU. You Americans haven't even been able to acomplished anything like that and probably never will . This threat is a nonsense but since I met so many ignorants like you who believes in such a ridiculous theory such as the southern cone being special , whiter , richer than the rest of America I had to come up with some reality check . European wannabe ! How sad �������� !!!! At least we respect our history and culture without pretending to be something we're not. ... Be proud of your Maya and inca roots dude

Old 06-27-2019, 01:05 PM

4,096 posts, read 3,719,938 times
Quote:
How sad �������� !!!! At least we respect our history and culture without pretending to be something we're not. ... Be proud of your Maya and inca roots dude
He's not Maya or Inca, if anything he'll have some Taino heritage which is Arawakan just like the Wayuu of the Guajira desert...

Maicao- Posesión de maestros wayuu
by Ministerio de Educación Nacional, on Flickr

Riohacha Feria Agroalimentaria REsA by Prosperidad Social, on Flickr

Finally this discussion is pointless. If he says he's treated as such while in Spain well so be it. Ancestry is strong and if you have large amounts of Spanish ancestry with some preservation of culture its not ludicrous to suggest a kinship exists.

Old 06-27-2019, 02:22 PM

I wouldn’t put attention to that poster. That person has a grand total of 4 posts as of right now, doesn’t represent the people I have in Europe, and not a single post to date is related to this thread. In fact, this is the only thread that person participates in. I understand every country has a few idiots. Thankfully they are a minority, easy to ignore or never meet in multiple visits. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas