Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2019, 03:38 PM

16 posts, read 9,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
He's not Maya or Inca, if anything he'll have some Taino heritage which is Arawakan just like the Wayuu of the Guajira desert...

Maicao- Posesión de maestros wayuu
by Ministerio de Educación Nacional, on Flickr

Riohacha Feria Agroalimentaria REsA by Prosperidad Social, on Flickr

Finally this discussion is pointless. If he says he's treated as such while in Spain well so be it. Ancestry is strong and if you have large amounts of Spanish ancestry with some preservation of culture its not ludicrous to suggest a kinship exists.
Good for you I respect anybody who unknowledges and embraces his or her culture and roots like the Indigenous of the Americas . But that's not what I'm seeing here, having some European DNA in your blood doesn't make you a real European. I feel embarrassed by some here bragging about how European they are . Of course people will treat with respect in Europe , THIS IS THE CRADDLE OF CIVILIZATION. what do you expect ?, We are educated but doesn't mean we see you as US nor you should see us as you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2019, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
I wouldn’t put attention to that poster. That person has a grand total of 4 posts as of right now, doesn’t represent the people I have in Europe, and not a single post to date is related to this thread. In fact, this is the only thread that person participates in. I understand every country has a few idiots. Thankfully they are a minority, easy to ignore or never meet in multiple visits. lol
Keep daydreaming ! So you visited a few towns and cities in Spain and other countries in Europe now you're an authority and believe you know everything about the European civilization. Wow !!! You must be someone with a really high IQ . You know we have a lot of people like you here , castizos , meztizos , Multiracial , who's got one percent of European dna and think of himself as real European lol.
Let me remind you Europe is a continent the size of China , Canada and the USA and that we are 740+ millions of inhabitants of almost 100% of pure whites , almost doubling the population of North and South America, what makes you think you know something about us ???

WHERE ARE YOU FROM? Let me know so I can tell you who you really are because you're obviously confused .

Why do you care about why I created this account and when did I created it ??, Why don't you just answer my questions ??, I wanna see how someone who's pro European but not really european defend himself being confronted by a real European !. , Do you still think I'm a machine or a dog ?

Last edited by ForumRules2000; 06-27-2019 at 04:00 PM..

Old 06-27-2019, 08:55 PM

1,553 posts, read 2,447,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumRules2000 View Post
Good for you I respect anybody who unknowledges and embraces his or her culture and roots like the Indigenous of the Americas . But that's not what I'm seeing here, having some European DNA in your blood doesn't make you a real European. I feel embarrassed by some here bragging about how European they are . Of course people will treat with respect in Europe , THIS IS THE CRADDLE OF CIVILIZATION. what do you expect ?, We are educated but doesn't mean we see you as US nor you should see us as you
Cradle of civilization. What do you mean?

Sorry not attacking, just want to know.

Old 06-28-2019, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homenj View Post
Cradle of civilization. What do you mean?

Sorry not attacking, just want to know.
"Modern" cradle of civilization

Old 06-28-2019, 08:37 AM

10,086 posts, read 14,952,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
I already ceded on some text book versions of a hospital that you're adhering to. However, there is another school of thought that what we know as a hospital today didn't appear until the 18th century.

Medicine-wise though the native peoples were no less knowledgeable than the Europeans at the time. That's the falsities and the premise being pedalled by others.
By that point of the first hospital in America and that it was introduced by Europeans, I wasn’t talking to you but to the other poster (I believe is Naners). Has yet to mention just one hospital before the arrival of the Europeans and by the looks of things, never will. There is a reason for that.

Old 06-28-2019, 03:06 PM

149 posts, read 96,996 times
I'm other news ...

EU and Mercosur agree huge trade deal after 20-year talks (BBC)

Old 06-28-2019, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumRules2000 View Post

Nobody said we are Europeans . Ironically the southern cone having a well known European influence (like it or not ),
has an Indigenous custom as its main characteristic (MATE). Also I don't know if youre aware of this but Paraguay is the only country in the Americas that has an indigenous language as an official language when in reality its pure indigenous population doesn't even reach the 2% , northern Argentina also uses the guarani language as an official language . So I don't know what you mean by saying (we should be embracing our indigenous roots). Not even Mexico or Peru recognize their indigenous communities . And as I just posted your beloved European Union just reached an agreement with Mercosur, (almost a synonymous to the Southern Cone) I feel like you guys are In a hurry for reaching any deal in the world since the USA is giving you some reality check lol

Last edited by Untasted; 06-28-2019 at 03:31 PM..

Old 06-28-2019, 04:51 PM

10,086 posts, read 14,952,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Untasted View Post
Nobody said we are Europeans . Ironically the southern cone having a well known European influence (like it or not ),
has an Indigenous custom as its main characteristic (MATE). Also I don't know if youre aware of this but Paraguay is the only country in the Americas that has an indigenous language as an official language when in reality its pure indigenous population doesn't even reach the 2% , northern Argentina also uses the guarani language as an official language . So I don't know what you mean by saying (we should be embracing our indigenous roots). Not even Mexico or Peru recognize their indigenous communities . And as I just posted your beloved European Union just reached an agreement with Mercosur, (almost a synonymous to the Southern Cone) I feel like you guys are In a hurry for reaching any deal in the world since the USA is giving you some reality check lol
Mexico does recognize many of its indigenous ethnicities. They do use the language to define who is indigenous and who isn’t. As is anyone’s guess, that leaves many people that in reality are significantly mixed, but if they speak a native tongue as their mother tongue they are counted as indigenous. Mexico also have many people that are overwhelmingly or entirely indigenous. Most, however, has significant Spanish blood mixed in.

That country also has a mestizo identity that almost encompasses everyone. Even people that look mostly European and in DNA studies will have a European absolute majority would claim to be “mestizos”.

Lastly, Mexico also has a strong anti-Spanish sentiment. Its something that can be felt in many places, such as Mexico City. They even paint in many murals in Mexico City Hernan Cortez as an ugly guy despite that in reality he was very good looking. He was also a womanizer and probably left mostly unrecognized children in Spain, Hispaniola, Cuba, and in Mexico. In fact, he couldn’t go from Spain to Hispaniola when he wanted because he was injured by falling from a second floor sleeping with a married woman. For many years his remains were moved in Mexico City and kept a secret unless his tomb and remains was desecrated. He is buried in the Jesús de Nazareno church in Mexico City, not far from the Zócalo. Mexicans don’t really make such a big deal of his final resting place. In fact, there is a plaque commemorating his final resting place, but I think most visitors that would visit him leave Mexico City without doing so because no one tell them he is buried there.

The signs of Spain are everywhere in Mexico. Its probably the Latin American country with the most Spanish colonial cities around. Many Mexicans like Spain, but many others clearly don’t and are unabashed about it. I tell you one thing, Spain didn’t call Mexico as New Spain for nothing. lol

Old 07-08-2019, 01:17 PM

990 posts, read 880,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
As title says, what makes the Southern Cone region the most prosperous part of Latin America? Southern Cone refers to Chile, Argentina, Uruguay and Southern Brazil. What makes this region have higher HDI and GDP per capita than the rest of Latin America?

Also, Argentina was the heavyweight in this region but has recently been surpassed by Chile and Uruguay. Aside from some bad government decisions, are there any other reasons for this? Cultural or otherwise? Looking at some rankings, Chile and Uruguay rank very high in lack of corruption, while Argentina is perceived as very corrupt. While the region as a whole has good safety statistics, there are many instances of theft, burglary, swindling and warnings that tourists and other visitors need to be wary about in the region, with Chile and Uruguay not seemingly better than Argentina in these regards. And if Argentina has it so bad recently, are lots of Argentines moving to Uruguay or Chile?
In fact Argentina and Uruguay in the south cone should be much richer than it is nowadays. Southern Brazil and Paraguay don’t control the ''rio de la plata'', any way Sao Paulo and south Brazil got develop a lot without the help of rivers flowing to sea and without being flat land from the coast to the countryside.
Europeans came to Argentina because it was rich, as happened in USA. Southern cone has the same natural advantages than the United States.
Brazil uses Mercosur to have Argentina as an ally.

This explain why southern cone is rich although mismanaged;

https://worldview.stratfor.com/artic...ggle-geography

Old 07-10-2019, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVANGELISTTI View Post
In fact Argentina and Uruguay in the south cone should be much richer than it is nowadays. Southern Brazil and Paraguay don’t control the ''rio de la plata'', any way Sao Paulo and south Brazil got develop a lot without the help of rivers flowing to sea and without being flat land from the coast to the countryside.
Europeans came to Argentina because it was rich, as happened in USA. Southern cone has the same natural advantages than the United States.
Brazil uses Mercosur to have Argentina as an ally.

This explain why southern cone is rich although mismanaged;

https://worldview.stratfor.com/artic...ggle-geography
Your comment makes total sense to me. Always noticed how only the southern portion of Brazil is really relevant comparing to its other hugeee lands to the north . I also always heard the pampas area being the richest zone in the southern cone , after all Brazil and Argentina had a dispute over what is now today Uruguay . Brazil always wanted to reach the Rio de la Plata area. Another story very common to see is how much lands Brazilians purchase in Paraguay . (Paraguay has been invaded by Brazilians for the longest time apparently for its more fertile soils according to sources ).

And now with this Mercosur trade deal with the European Union everybody seems to be very happy, but again I can't understand why brazil can't stand on its own being the largest country in Latin America. Uruguay , Paraguay ,and Argentina have something Brazil doesn't . P
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas