Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 04:53 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,029,743 times

Advertisements

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nat...213271039.html

How is this man? I've seen a few Colombian friends on FB support him by posting videos/etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2018, 03:22 AM

89 posts, read 76,120 times
hes uribes puppet

lots of colombians hate him, tons love him

I distrust him, but not because i liked the other left wing option, rather because he is more of the same.

Old 06-20-2018, 03:49 PM

6,288 posts, read 11,780,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nat...213271039.html

How is this man? I've seen a few Colombian friends on FB support him by posting videos/etc.
Colombians are very divided, much like the U.S. was and continues to be with the Trump vs. Democratic election.

You'll see people who dislike Duque because of his associate with Uribe. You'll see people dislike Petra because of his left-leanings.

I don't pay much attention to politics. The little I've seen of Duque I thought he was a decent choice, based on the fact that he's educated, calm, speaks English fluently, and has other interests including being a musician.

The little I've seen of Petra it seemed like he would put himself on a similar path to people like Maduro (or Trump) whose goal is to consolidate power for himself.

So for me, without knowing anything more than that, Duque seems like a more responsible choice.

Old 06-22-2018, 04:03 AM

89 posts, read 76,120 times
I agree

Uribe is the last generation left of those elite power holding scumbags that have ruled Colombia for so long.

Most people voted for Duque because his followers are mostly 35 and above ignoramus who just vote for him because.....

Uribe is getting old, which is good, it will be a good thing for Colombia when he dies.

Globalization has reached Colombia, HE WILL NOT BE ABLE and the elites that run Colombia will not be able to hold onto the power for much long.

This is all a dying rancid way of governing this country that is crumbling, the colombian elite has been relentless in holding onto the power, they will nnot let go of it, before they were pretty safe because the only ones able to make a change were the dumb colombian masses who were mostly unexposed and provincial and would vote for the same people over and over and over and over again.

Now the colombian masses are becoming increasingly educated, anyone under 40 in Colombia is not a clueless as before, as stupidly religious as before, maybe the internet, who knows!!! But youger Colombians are not as naive, they travel more, they are increasingly going to college.

Also globalization is changing Colombia FAST! Once globalization settles in the country completely, the old tired Colombian elite wont be able to perpetuate itself in power anymore.

BTW it is the FIRST TIME in Colombian history that the left has gone to a second round. It is also the first time in MANY DECADES, that the elections have been clean, without scandals of corruption, without violence. The fact an exguerrilla member was on the second round says a LOT.

The Colombian left also FINALLY UNDERSTOOD, that you win the elections with social dialogue and action, not fighting in the form of guerrillas.

Old 06-22-2018, 09:14 AM

You guys are talking about Duque, but not saying your opinions of Petra.

Old 06-23-2018, 12:53 PM

321 posts, read 334,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80skeys View Post
You guys are talking about Duque, but not saying your opinions of Petra.
Petro was a communist.

Old 06-23-2018, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oraculo View Post
Petro was a communist.
You guys are criticzing Duque. But which is better: Duque or Petra?

Old 06-23-2018, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabb View Post
I agree
You are not colombian. I just read a post of yours in a different forum where you are making ridiculous claims that there are jobs, such as picking coffee, left unfilled because people don't want to do them. This is total nonsense. No such thing would ever happen in Colombia because there is way too much unemployment and way too much poverty.

So. Deja de hablar como si fueras colombiano, vale? It's okay to express your opinion as an American or European or wherever you are from, but stop talking as if you were colombian.

Old 07-25-2018, 06:39 PM

104 posts, read 60,403 times
Will Uribe get rid of the Supreme Court to help his mentor?

Today I heard on the radio a pro-uribista who said that Uribe should not be tried by the Supreme Court because the Supreme Court in colombia is leftist and they will treat him unfairly. They want him to be judged by a prosecutor who will be chosen by the new president Uribe

I guess Uribe is above the law.

Old 07-25-2018, 08:43 PM

881 posts, read 923,413 times
if Uribe was above the law, he would had stepped over the Constitution and the Constitutional Court decision against his 2nd reelection, back when he was president, as Chávez, Evo, Correa and many others did, and became president for life. But he respected such Court rule. And then came Santos, who didn't rule under Uribe's wing as many expected. To the point that Uribe became part of the small opposition against Santos government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas