U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2018, 07:09 PM

4,811 posts, read 4,453,273 times

Advertisements

I have been meeting more and more Venezuelans here and I hate to say it but they come across really arrogant and rude as hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2018, 08:54 PM

1,060 posts, read 485,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Colombia is recieving a record amount of Venezuelans on a daily basis. I saw a report about Venezuelans in Cali and some other smaller city, I forget the name but there were a bunch of Venezuelans camping out on a soccer field.

My heart goes out to the people of Venezuela right now.
A multitude of them are arriving in Florida, every day....

Old 09-03-2018, 04:51 AM

5,890 posts, read 9,505,258 times
Quote:
I have been meeting more and more Venezuelans here and I hate to say it but they come across really arrogant and rude as hell.
This likely has to do with the fact that they are accustomed to things being given to them. They are not used to working for a living. Up until recently their government was taking care of them and theirs was the richest country in latin america.

Old 09-03-2018, 11:24 AM

4,811 posts, read 4,453,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80skeys View Post
This likely has to do with the fact that they are accustomed to things being given to them. They are not used to working for a living. Up until recently their government was taking care of them and theirs was the richest country in latin america.
Even before Chavez? The Venezuelans i met in the 90s were like that too. I have met rude and arrogant people of all nationalities, but Venezuelans seem to excel at this.

Old 09-03-2018, 01:38 PM

131 posts, read 113,379 times
Generally Venezuelans come in 2 types:

1.- From Middle-to-Low stratus . These voted for Chavez and now migrating by the millions.

2.- From Middle-to-Upper social stratus. Better known as "burguesses" (on its many flavors)

Yes the latter are the kind of people I prefer no to deal with, Arrogant,Snob, Loud, dressing the colors of their Country anywhere they go (as if that was something to be really Proud of), complaining about the conditions of the Country the migrated to, feeling above other people, making remarks of how physically beautiful they are compared to others South Americans.

The former you would see them as uneducated and very prone to commit crimes anywhere they go because that what they were doing back in their own city. They got used to easy access to health and social programs without having to work, scholarships they wasted buying the most trendy clothes or gadgets at that time.

Now they are arriving to Miami by the hordes and I am curious how the conflicts will pan out with the already established Cubans and Colombians there,once Venezuelans are majority in Miami.

Old 09-04-2018, 03:18 AM

5,890 posts, read 9,505,258 times
Quote:
Even before Chavez? The Venezuelans i met in the 90s were like that too. I have met rude and arrogant people of all nationalities, but Venezuelans seem to excel at this.
You probably know better than me, I haven't met many of them. When I was in Colombia recently I was told that the Venezuelans aren't accustomed to working and are having a hard time adapting to life in Colombia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or