U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-10-2018, 06:46 PM
 
295 posts, read 181,377 times
Reputation: 85

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
I see that comprehension isnt your forte. Do you deny that APNU is PNC dominated? Well the WPA is part of APNU. Describe any ability of the various elements of APNU to thwart whatever it is that the PNC wants to do.

I see you lack a brain, do you understand that APNU needed an alliance with AFC to win.Look how long in previous elections PNC lost, in fact thats why Burnham rigged the elections from the start he knew the PNC couldn't win against the PPP in a fair and square election.
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post



In the worst of Burnham's dictatorship Eusi was one of the heroes who stood up to him.
Exactly, and Burnham did not care one bit he was black just like many other heroes like Eusi Kwayana

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post



Your notion that he was afraid of Burnham, so peddles the PNC line is laughable. He did NOT leave the PPP with Burnham. He left when he realized that they had become Indo centered and so had no room for him as an Afro Guyanese.
I never said he left the PPP with Burnham ,read again since its not your strong suit. I said Burnham was part of the PPP and left.

Burnham never left when it became Indo Centered how does that make sense, he left because he wanted more power.

As a matter of fact thats why Burnham had a problem with Eusi Kwayana because he was gaining to much traction with the populace in the UD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post


He QUIT the PNC and set up ASCRIA which became one of the foundation groups of the WPA. Were he afraid of Burnham he would have drunk PNC soup like many others. It was Eusi who gave Rodney the space to round up an opposition element within the Afro Guyanese population towards the Burnham regime.
He didn't give Rodney the space for nothing , thats where do you get your history from? Walter Rodney was already a force in places like Uganada, Tanzanania and even Jamaica where they had the Walter Rodney Riots.

The WPA came from many elements but the fact is during its hey day, the PNC hunted and ridiculed the WPA , thats a fact all the other lies you attempt to utter are nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post

So I trust Eusi's analysis of the 60s more than I trust yours given that you repeat word for word the PPP's interpretation of what happened then.
You have a problem with misquoting people so I don't think your word is valuable especially when you say things like Indians and Blacks look just a like.


Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post

And when did I say that Burnham was for black solidarity? The very fact that he hunted down Eusi and Walter gives credence to the fact Eusi has no reason to whitewash the PNC's role in the 60s. YOU on the other hand paint the PPP as angels.
Again name the atrocities the PPP did that can be compared to the PNC's? We'll see if you have an argument.

You need to tone it down with the ''armchair fake conscious crap''.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-10-2018, 07:47 PM
 
3,774 posts, read 2,037,574 times
Reputation: 5213
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
It makes no logical sense to you as an AMERICAN.
It makes no sense because I know race is a social construct, albeit one with very real consequences. There was a time in America where blacks and whites were treated as equals, and blacks had whites as indentured servants. They put a stop to that when they saw how much money could be made via slavery. You don't know this because the history is suppressed in favor of the narrative that black Americans' history begins with slavery. It's the Great American Lie.

Quote:
To most non Americans calling Adam Clayton Powell a black man is ridiculous.
You are correct. They do believe that. Unfortunately, white supremacy is colorblind. The irony.

Quote:
You do know that all blacks aren't treated alike and never were. Rest assured that in the USA light skinned blacks are treated BETTER by BOTH black and white Americans than are the darker ones.
What decade is your mind stuck in? This is not nearly as true today as it was in the past. Black Americans realize that to white people, you're still a [insert colorful word here] regardless of your color. I sure didn't benefit from any skin color privilege when I was treated worse than my less-qualified and darker East African coworker. Why didn't I benefit? Because my white American bosses know there is a difference in our histories and cultures, even if they aren't consciously aware of it in the moment. I sure would have liked to benefit from my color privilege in that experience but alas, we have moved out of the 18 and 1900s.

Quote:
In other societies they understand this so classify each as being part of different groups, given that each have different experiences.
You have "different experiences" because you all buy into white supremacy. Don't make it seem like you're more enlightened. You're not. This is partly why brown people in developing countries are not prospering. They fall for the "divide and conquer" technique hook, line and sinker.

Quote:
Here is the difference between the USA and other parts of America. The light skinned "blacks" were excluded by law so used the more numerous darker blacks to battle this. It was a POLITICAL decision for them to adopt a "black" identity to garner the support of the majority darker blacks.
This is where your knowledge of black American culture is lacking, which isn't surprising if you or your parents are immigrants. While there were many light-skinned blacks who passed--which means they lived as whites (as in...nobody knew they had any black blood)--there are just as many who helped the cause and used their passing privileges to move through both worlds, to the benefit of the darker blacks who couldn't. "Political decision"? LOL! When you have no choice but to be black because the law says any black blood makes you "black", you decided nothing. You had someone else's will imposed on you.

Quote:
That instead of fighting ODR.
I would never fight ODR (took me a minute to even figure out what that was ). ODR forced us to unify, and we are now awakening to our true history because of it. Thank you, ODR!

Quote:
The joke is now light skinned blacks have incomes = whites while the darker ones remain considerably poorer. So I wouldn't be boasting ODR as much as you are. Many light skinned black Americans are loathe to have their kids marry dark skinned people.
I think you're brining your colonized point of view into the American political and social system. It no longer fits here. You are DECADES behind, good sir. We have bigger fish to fry than skin color politics, and quite frankly, anyone who still believes in that deserves to be left behind. And they WILL be left behind. There is no place for that mindset in our future.

Quote:
Btw don't cry for the blacks of the English speaking Caribbean as I don't think that they are worse off than American blacks.


I don't cry for them because I don't spend much time thinking about them at all. You are funny. And black Americans may be poor, but we poor people have survived under way worst conditions than any group in the Caribbean, because we have never been an independent nation and have always lived under our oppressor. We have an excuse for our poverty levels. What's yours?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2018, 03:16 PM
 
7,437 posts, read 5,934,609 times
Reputation: 3799
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
It makes no sense because I know race is a social construct, albeit one with very real consequences. There was a time in America where blacks and whites were treated as equals, and blacks had whites as indentured servants. They put a stop to that when they saw how much money could be made via slavery. You don't know this because the history is suppressed in favor of the narrative that black Americans' history begins with slavery. It's the Great American Lie.



You are correct. They do believe that. Unfortunately, white supremacy is colorblind. The irony.



What decade is your mind stuck in? This is not nearly as true today as it was in the past. Black Americans realize that to white people, you're still a [insert colorful word here] regardless of your color. I sure didn't benefit from any skin color privilege when I was treated worse than my less-qualified and darker East African coworker. Why didn't I benefit? Because my white American bosses know there is a difference in our histories and cultures, even if they aren't consciously aware of it in the moment. I sure would have liked to benefit from my color privilege in that experience but alas, we have moved out of the 18 and 1900s.



You have "different experiences" because you all buy into white supremacy. Don't make it seem like you're more enlightened. You're not. This is partly why brown people in developing countries are not prospering. They fall for the "divide and conquer" technique hook, line and sinker.



This is where your knowledge of black American culture is lacking, which isn't surprising if you or your parents are immigrants. While there were many light-skinned blacks who passed--which means they lived as whites (as in...nobody knew they had any black blood)--there are just as many who helped the cause and used their passing privileges to move through both worlds, to the benefit of the darker blacks who couldn't. "Political decision"? LOL! When you have no choice but to be black because the law says any black blood makes you "black", you decided nothing. You had someone else's will imposed on you.



I would never fight ODR (took me a minute to even figure out what that was ). ODR forced us to unify, and we are now awakening to our true history because of it. Thank you, ODR!



I think you're brining your colonized point of view into the American political and social system. It no longer fits here. You are DECADES behind, good sir. We have bigger fish to fry than skin color politics, and quite frankly, anyone who still believes in that deserves to be left behind. And they WILL be left behind. There is no place for that mindset in our future.





I don't cry for them because I don't spend much time thinking about them at all. You are funny. And black Americans may be poor, but we poor people have survived under way worst conditions than any group in the Caribbean, because we have never been an independent nation and have always lived under our oppressor. We have an excuse for our poverty levels. What's yours?


Our excuse for our poverty is that we live in small impoverished nations which operate within the SAME economic system that you operate in. YOU live in the richest country. Now don't force me to ask you what is your excuse because I know a whole lot of black immigrants who are WAY better off in this country than they were in their countries of origin.


You don't even know what it takes to run a nation and the many battles that tiny impoverished nations must fight. Haiti tried to go it alone and look at what happened to them!


At the end of the day whites don't differentiate between black immigrants and black natives so yes we know a whole lot about being black in this USA. And yes the lighter the black the better the deal that they get. Please don't tell me that if Obama looked like his wife he would have received 40% of the white vote. A darker black is still seen as more of a threat.


I suggest that you look at the black American elite and then at the poorest of poor and get back to me that there isn't a distinct difference in appearance. The darker one is the greater the probability of a police bullet and the lesser the probability of rapid advancement in the corporate world.


So yes skin color remains an issue in black America. I suggest that you also listen to young black American kids. Their comments about skin color is back to the 1950s. Do you know that teasing the darkest kids is back? Still all about "good hair". These are kids who are too young to know why there was the "Say it loud I am black and I am proud movement".


Please explain what messages that these kids are getting which is why they denigrate the darker kids more than they do the lighter ones. And why mid toned black kids refer to themselves as being light skinned.


Yes in the USA black is black, but some "black" is "better" than others. Yes this is the little secret that remains an issue and until we discuss it will not be solved. Go on any black female forum and you will see the anger of many black women who feel ill treated by "color struck" black men who blatantly prefer the lighter skinned sisters.


Yes my friend skin colorism is back. You can discuss the reasons for this and I bet that its because the larger society places less value on a black person the darker that they are, and many of us subliminally absorb this.

Last edited by caribny; 10-04-2018 at 03:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2018, 03:18 PM
 
7,437 posts, read 5,934,609 times
Reputation: 3799
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrizeWinner View Post
I see you lack a brain, .


I will leave you to go praise Bharat Jagdeo and the PPP. This isn't a forum for Guyanese to play out our racial animosity but it is clear to me your Indian/PPP bias.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2018, 12:39 AM
 
295 posts, read 181,377 times
Reputation: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
I will leave you to go praise Bharat Jagdeo and the PPP. This isn't a forum for Guyanese to play out our racial animosity but it is clear to me your Indian/PPP bias.
Indian bias according to you but I am not even East Indian,so you really make no sense.All you can do is play the race card because like many conniving race hustling blacks all you can do is play the blame game.

Quote me wear I praised Jagdeo I assure you can't because like everything you make up.

You really can't name me anything great Burnham has done but take a good a economy and trash it.


All you want to do is blame it on race because thats your first safety net but you really make blacks look bad by putting the problems Afro-Guyanese had post independence a race issue indeed Afro-Guyanese faced against British but not so much East indians especially when Burnham was in power how long. Hopefully blacks will move away from him and his former cronies.

You are the typical race hustler SAD TO BE BLACK and complaining all the problem he has is because he is black.Mad about the skin and shade of your blackness,so sad exhibit so much low self esteem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post

At the end of the day whites don't differentiate between black immigrants and black natives so yes we know a whole lot about being black in this USA. And yes the lighter the black the better the deal that they get. Please don't tell me that if Obama looked like his wife he would have received 40% of the white vote. A darker black is still seen as more of a threat.


I suggest that you look at the black American elite and then at the poorest of poor and get back to me that there isn't a distinct difference in appearance. The darker one is the greater the probability of a police bullet and the lesser the probability of rapid advancement in the corporate world.


So yes skin color remains an issue in black America. I suggest that you also listen to young black American kids. Their comments about skin color is back to the 1950s. Do you know that teasing the darkest kids is back? Still all about "good hair". These are kids who are too young to know why there was the "Say it loud I am black and I am proud movement".


Please explain what messages that these kids are getting which is why they denigrate the darker kids more than they do the lighter ones. And why mid toned black kids refer to themselves as being light skinned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2018, 06:47 AM
 
Location: Caribbean
7,577 posts, read 2,437,292 times
Reputation: 2743
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Our excuse for our poverty is that we live in small impoverished nations which operate within the SAME economic system that you operate in. YOU live in the richest country. Now don't force me to ask you what is your excuse because I know a whole lot of black immigrants who are WAY better off in this country than they were in their countries of origin.


You don't even know what it takes to run a nation and the many battles that tiny impoverished nations must fight. Haiti tried to go it alone and look at what happened to them!


At the end of the day whites don't differentiate between black immigrants and black natives so yes we know a whole lot about being black in this USA. And yes the lighter the black the better the deal that they get. Please don't tell me that if Obama looked like his wife he would have received 40% of the white vote. A darker black is still seen as more of a threat.


I suggest that you look at the black American elite and then at the poorest of poor and get back to me that there isn't a distinct difference in appearance. The darker one is the greater the probability of a police bullet and the lesser the probability of rapid advancement in the corporate world.


So yes skin color remains an issue in black America. I suggest that you also listen to young black American kids. Their comments about skin color is back to the 1950s. Do you know that teasing the darkest kids is back? Still all about "good hair". These are kids who are too young to know why there was the "Say it loud I am black and I am proud movement".


Please explain what messages that these kids are getting which is why they denigrate the darker kids more than they do the lighter ones. And why mid toned black kids refer to themselves as being light skinned.


Yes in the USA black is black, but some "black" is "better" than others. Yes this is the little secret that remains an issue and until we discuss it will not be solved. Go on any black female forum and you will see the anger of many black women who feel ill treated by "color struck" black men who blatantly prefer the lighter skinned sisters.


Yes my friend skin colorism is back. You can discuss the reasons for this and I bet that its because the larger society places less value on a black person the darker that they are, and many of us subliminally absorb this.
Well said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2018, 10:28 AM
 
691 posts, read 919,872 times
Reputation: 643
So basically the difference between the States and the Caribbean and Brazil is that in the States one bases "black" on
ancestry so if Adam Clayton Powell has 1 Black ancestor and 99 white ones he is "black" as there is hysteria over not being
pure white in the States?

While in Brazil and the Caribbean they go by appearance and not ancestry? as they accept that some black ancestry is a
given and that some people will look more African than others even within one family. So they classify by individual
appearance. Within my family I have relatives who are almost as light as Adam Clayton Powell and some who look like they
are straight out of Guinea or Burkina Faso.

It is weird to see some these young Black Americans going back to this Plantation type racism, some of these color attitudes
are WORSE than the ones my grandparents had and they grew up under Jim Crow in the Deep South. They never developed
the psychological defenses against after the Black and Proud movement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2018, 03:54 AM
 
7,437 posts, read 5,934,609 times
Reputation: 3799
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrizeWinner View Post
Indian bias according to you but I am not even East Indian,.
Well if you aren't then your self esteem issues are really problematic. Your Indian/PPP bias is blatant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2018, 04:04 AM
 
7,437 posts, read 5,934,609 times
Reputation: 3799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agbor View Post
So basically the difference between the States and the Caribbean and Brazil is that in the States one bases "black" on
ancestry so if Adam Clayton Powell has .


I am not going to say which system is better. The identities which developed are a function of how each society was run and what blacks and browns had to do to empower themselves.

And btw the identities in the non Hispanic Caribbean are radically different from that of Latin America. Its more of a 3 tier system with white, brown and black. And blacks are very empowered to discuss issues of race unlike what we see in the DR and even to a degree Brazil, where they are shamed into silence with the few who do this stigmatized.

In fact the whites and the browns keep their opinions about blacks very quiet and no longer overtly discriminate against them. This because, unlike most parts of the world (outside of Africa) blacks do in fact have the power to discriminate against them as well.

And yes the skin color complex is visible in ALL societies where blacks live. Ironically even sub Saharan Africa where skin bleaching has now reached serious epidemic proportions. And they didn't go through slavery and their colonial period was much less disastrous in attempting to erase their identities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2018, 08:24 AM
 
295 posts, read 181,377 times
Reputation: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Well if you aren't then your self esteem issues are really problematic. Your Indian/PPP bias is blatant.
Low self esteem ,yet I am NOT the one with a fascination with T&T like you and not Guyana relations. I have had many good relations with Indians in Guyana and Indo Guyanese in the states. I am not a low brow person who wants to play the race card on everything.

Low self esteem would mean to follow and support the PNC/APNU when they have done nothing but take bribes, murder, and steal from many black businesses in Guyana, yet I as a black person is supposed to still blindly support that. Wake up they care about no one.



At least the PPP has led an economic growth in Guyana rather than the PNC/APNU.Wereas with the PNC the nearly 30 years it was in power ruined the government.

PNC/APNU is back in power and now people are mad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top