U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-08-2018, 08:31 AM
 
5,494 posts, read 8,159,843 times
Reputation: 4317

Advertisements

People´s memories are either incomplete or parcialized. Maybe a reminder would help with objectivity.

While the section cited in the article is interesting, the points of interests are in the second paragraph.


Faustino Soulouque and his desire to exterminate Dominicans


Faustino Soulouque and his desire to exterminate Dominicans

There were other incidents of Haitian intentions of invading the DR to exterminate the Dominicans due to being mixed and of massacres committed against mulattoes in Haiti itself, of which I have books on them at home. Let me know if you want me to cite them too.

Believe it or not, Haiti is the Caribbean country that has committed the greatest number of massacres, quite a few with political/skin color as the basis. Let me know if you want me to bring that to this topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-08-2018, 10:55 AM
 
Location: Formerly NYC by week; ATL by weekend...now Rio bi annually and ATL bi annually
1,208 posts, read 1,595,779 times
Reputation: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrizeWinner View Post
Been here to already know,I don't want to meet you, I don't do homosexual booty calls.You need to learn how to quote btw.As messy as your posts are, I will clean it up and show you how its done.

Your comprehension skills as I have shown are very poor. When did I come on to you?? Thats the sign of a closet homo to take that stance....




No you're not, and as far as the relationship you are going to have to do your homework.

I know what the relations are like, you say you do....no homework needed on my end. You tell me....but you cant so its OK...



The highlighted response is actually is so retarded , in your post before you said Brazilians whether they be Afro-Brazilian or not don't use the term in real life interactions , and just said that the use in rap is to mimic American rappers.

i SURELY STATED THAT "EVERYDAY" bRAZILIANS DO NOT USE IT. i STATED TAHT THE HIP HOP CIRCLE AND STREET DUDES USE IT. oNCE AGAIN, READING COMPREHENSION....


Now keep in mind that even if they happen to say n!kk@ in Brazilian rap thats just Brazil not all of Latin America especially the only Portuguese speaking country in South America.

The point that you or the other guy made was that no one uses it in Latin America....which I proved as false...see MV Bill, Rationale MC's, Mr. Catra, the list goes on and on....Dominicans in NYC use it loosely daily...the video you or the other guy put up of Dominicans in America was in addition to the statement you stated that they would be in trouble if they used it in the US...FALSE.



I will quote your contradictions directly.









This is one of the many contradictions you made.



Put your typing to better use.




Put your typing to better use.








Ok if you say so.





I know there are black Latinos in NYC tons of them, as I said my Latino friend used to live in Washington Heights so I know what the whole situation in Washington Heights is pertaining to the divide of Harlem.

hARLEM IS DIVIDED INTO DIFFERENT "NEIGHBORHOODS" AND i LISTED THEM ALL...READING COMPREHENSION....


Okay if you from the N.O. my fault, I just looked at your profile and didn't take your location(NYC) in your profile with a grain of salt.Although you come off like one of those arrogant New Yorkers, I should of guessed better.

yOU SHOULD NOT HAVE ASSUMED THAT YOU KNOW ANY OF THE HERESAY AND FALSE FACTS YOU HAVE......

I am not saying you don't have a great grandparent thats Cape Verdian its just strange that you claim you have Cape Verdian ancestry and so ignorant on how they perceive race.

Its the truth.....and widely known...

And I never said to in order to be African you have to be dark skinned , I just not know many Africans and if you look mixed remotely they dont consider you a full blood African and are considered white sometimes by their standards specifically if you are mulatto.I've seen this racial projections like that by Nigerians.


Bull****....in South Africa there is a whole other subset claiming they want representation and they call themselves "colored"....NOT DARK SKINNED AND NOT MULATTO...do some real research....Nigeria is not the only country in Africa







Not only did my Latino friend live there I hanged there sometimes too, and even had another Dominican chick I messed with there. And she made the distinction of going in the Heights as opposed to when she would go to East Harlem.

I live there half of the year....you hanged there. OK. So yeah you know better than me...





Bro stop going off on a tangeant, I never made a statement of what Afro Americans,Dominicans or any other people are supposed to look like.

Haitians are different than Dominicans because Haitians are 90-95% African? Who stated that????

I just find it funny you are misconstruing reality and also not understanding of the politics for countries like Haiti and Dominican Republic.
When did I speak on the political intricacies of your country? You TRIED to copy and paste my statement to marginalise teh facts...so please show me....you assume to know everything...

As I said, we can unpack all of your so called facts...IM HERE BRO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2018, 12:22 PM
 
301 posts, read 187,867 times
Reputation: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post
Your comprehension skills as I have shown are very poor. When did I come on to you?? Thats the sign of a closet homo to take that stance....
When you asked to meet up to and find out the simple idea of whether Washington Heights is distinctly different from Harlem, does come off as an attempt for homosexual courtship.But no thanks I am not interested bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post


I know what the relations are like, you say you do....no homework needed on my end. You tell me....but you cant so its OK...
Ok but you asked to know the relations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post

i SURELY STATED THAT "EVERYDAY" bRAZILIANS DO NOT USE IT. i STATED TAHT THE HIP HOP CIRCLE AND STREET DUDES USE IT. oNCE AGAIN, READING COMPREHENSION....
Contradiction in itself, tthe fact is everyday brazilians dont use it says it all.As far as saying only rappers use it Im sure the ''everyday'' Brazilians would include a large portion of the rappers and these so called street guys you talked about.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post
The point that you or the other guy made was that no one uses it in Latin America....which I proved as false...see MV Bill, Rationale MC's, Mr. Catra, the list goes on and on....Dominicans in NYC use it loosely daily...the video you or the other guy put up of Dominicans in America was in addition to the statement you stated that they would be in trouble if they used it in the US...FALSE.
They don't use the N word in Latin America like Afro Americans do for obvious reasons, not only did you say everyday Brazilians don't use it but Brazil is not all of Latin America,other Latinos even see them as outliers at times.

But rappers using the term N!kk@ does it mean its a norm at all,thats like saying the rastas found in Mexico or somewhere else is a norm. Don't try to gaslight one particular abnormality from one country.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post

hARLEM IS DIVIDED INTO DIFFERENT "NEIGHBORHOODS" AND i LISTED THEM ALL...READING COMPREHENSION....

Yes Harlem does have different neighborhoods ? Whats your point ?



Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post

yOU SHOULD NOT HAVE ASSUMED THAT YOU KNOW ANY OF THE HERESAY AND FALSE FACTS YOU HAVE......
I go by real accounts and history books.
besides don't you think the phrase ''false Facts'' is bit of an oxymoron don't you think.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post


Bull****....in South Africa there is a whole other subset claiming they want representation and they call themselves "colored"....NOT DARK SKINNED AND NOT MULATTO...do some real research....Nigeria is not the only country in Africa

Not true the Coloreds are not considered legitimately black in South Afirca, and that is definitely equivalent to mulatto. The Coloreds term in South Africa denotes people that are mixed and some of the Khoisan Africans which are the most indigenous people to South Africa.


Besides South Africa's history is not like West Africa's history at all,especially with minority instances of racial mixing despite thick racial tensions and plus the fact that there was a hierarchy of a racial system there not like Nigeria.

But basically mixed people which are called ''coloreds''in South Africa are not considered legitimately black.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post


I live there half of the year....you hanged there. OK. So yeah you know better than me...
Too bad you don't know the Heights is NOT considered Harlem as long as you lived there.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post

Haitians are different than Dominicans because Haitians are 90-95% African? Who stated that????
What are you saying ? I don't even think I made this as a point.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post

When did I speak on the political intricacies of your country? You TRIED to copy and paste my statement to marginalise teh facts...so please show me....you assume to know everything...

You don't seem to understand that the border issues the DR has with Haiti and are not taking things into full account. You come off as one of these people who are race driven not showing any political sense to have a full peripheral view of the DR and Haiti conflict.

People here are telling you the burden the Dominican Republic has on immigrants coming in ,it can be a strain on the country like TOO MUCH immigrants can be to any other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post

As I said, we can unpack all of your so called facts...IM HERE BRO
Okay.

Last edited by PrizeWinner; 11-08-2018 at 12:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2018, 12:31 PM
 
Location: Formerly NYC by week; ATL by weekend...now Rio bi annually and ATL bi annually
1,208 posts, read 1,595,779 times
Reputation: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrizeWinner View Post
When you asked to meet up to and find out the simple idea of whether Washington Heights is distinctly different from Harlem, does come off as an attempt for homosexual courtship.But no thanks I am not interested bro. Asking to prove you wrong comes off as a homosexual attempt at courtship? Continue talking....the more you talk the dumber you sound....

Ok but you asked to know the relations. Because YOU sir dont know what you are talking about. See what happens in a debate is that you have to provide evidence of your statements. Only false statements cannot be supported...I know well the relationships. You claim to know that cholo and black relationships are bad.

Contradiction in itself, tthe fact is everyday brazilians dont use it says it all.As far as saying only rappers use it Im sure the ''everyday'' Brazilians would include a large portion of the rappers and these so called street guys you talked about. False equivalency to of course support your so called narrative..simply do not comment as fact on something you know not of.....

They don't use the N word in Latin America like Afro Americans do for obvious reasons, not only did you say everyday Brazilians don't use it but Brazil is not all of Latin America,other Latinos even see them as outliers at times. So now the excuse that "Latin American" dont even look at Brazilians as Latin Americans?? LOL....so what do you Latin Americans view these Cariocas as? Please tell me....and please remember I live here so I will definitely call out your BS answer...but please indulge me...Ill wait. And to be clear, you still have not disproven my factual statement as to only rappers and real "street" guys using the word as it is not prevalent in everyday Brazilian vocabulary or slang...I even gave you some examples to look up. Voce falar Portugues, correcto? And in what context is the word used in Latin American vocabulary taht is different from American contex?

But rappers using the term N!kk@ does it mean its a norm at all,thats like saying the rastas found in Mexico or somewhere else is a norm. Don't try to gaslight one particular abnormality from one country. I specifically stated it was not a normality dude. Can you read AND comprehend?


Yes Harlem does have different neighborhoods ? Whats your point ? That Wash Heights is one of them. Thanks for FINALLY admitting you were wrong or simply didnt know...youre welcome.

I go by real accounts and history books.
besides don't you think the phrase ''false Facts'' is bit of an oxymoron don't you think. The gist of the statement was a metaphor for your talking points my dude.



Not true the Coloreds are not considered legitimately black in South Afirca, and that is definitely equivalent to mulatto. The Coloreds term in South Africa denotes people that are mixed and some of the Khoisan Africans which are the most indigenous people to South Africa.


Besides South Africa's history is not like West Africa's history at all,especially with minority instances of racial mixing despite thick racial tensions and plus the fact that there was a hierarchy of a racial system there not like Nigeria.

But basically mixed people which are called ''coloreds''in South Africa are not considered legitimately black The Colored as considered Black in SA. Which is why they are seeking acknowledgement in the constitution.....what are you talking about??

What are you saying ? I don't even think I made this as a point. You dont even know what you are talking about...I understand...once again you tried to debate my rebuttal to someone else and didnt know what the initial comment was?...wow.


You don't seem to understand that the border issues the DR has with Haiti and are not taking things into full account. You come off as one of these people who are race driven not showing any political sense to have a full peripheral view of the DR and Haiti conflict.

How do I have a race driven agenda? Specifically state where I inferred that the DR should support illegal immigration to support my Pro Black agenda? I asked the other guy why he figured Afro Americans had a vested interest in the DR "sacrificing" its borders as he stated....its a BS narrative both of you hold. You have a very limited knowledge of not only American Blacks but seemingly Diaspora blacks as well. And also the snide remarks made concerning the Afroxxx movement and the consciousness of Latinos in embracing their shared African roots. I specifically speak on first hand knowledge in my comparisons.... and finally I of course understand at a Macro level the border issue as the 2 countries I reside in during the year have immigration issues to varying degrees as well. The difference between you and I is I dont speak specifically to micro level issues I have no intimate knowledge of. You and the other guy speak without knowing. So once again, you were invited to be exposed to whats real.

People here are telling you the burden the Dominican Republic has on immigrants coming in ,it can be a strain on the country like TOO MUCH immigrants can be to any other. This was addressed down the thread. maybe you should read all the commentary before jumping into a discussion between 2 individuals. That poster made un-informed and unsubstantiated claims as to WHO and WHY. He believed that Liberals, Black Americans, and others were secretly plotting the demise of the DR via illegal immigration from Haiti. He has to provide evidence for these claims and not right wing rhetoric and talking points. There is no black movement or Afroxxx movements pushing of any agenda to cripple the DR via Haitian illegal immigration. To state such because countries are not rushing to help the DR perpetuate its agenda at blocking Haitians immigrating illegally is wack and false. The DR should create human immigration laws, just as the US, EU and everyone should because every country has some of its population that illegally migrate to others for better opportunities. The DR is a country that exports a lot of illegal immigrants as well. They should focus on keeping their people at home so as to help grow the country politically, economically, and socio-economically.

Okay.
Yep....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2018, 12:19 AM
 
301 posts, read 187,867 times
Reputation: 85
3 Days after you reply like this...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post




Asking to prove you wrong comes off as a homosexual attempt at courtship? Continue talking....the more you talk the dumber you sound...

No meeting up unnecessarily does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post


Because YOU sir dont know what you are talking about. See what happens in a debate is that you have to provide evidence of your statements. Only false statements cannot be supported...I know well the relationships. You claim to know that cholo and black relationships are bad.
This is not really a debate to me ,I am just giving my accounts and evidence to back up my claims.

Also I never said Cholo and Black relationships are bad. I gave examples of Cholos and blacks in regions like Norcal,Chicago and Tejanos getting along fine but in SoCal relationships are strained,this is what I mean on you choosing to misconstrue somebody's word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post


False equivalency to of course support your so called narrative..simply do not comment as fact on something you know not of.....


lol you still have not showed any proof that Afro-Brazilians let alone Afro Latinos use the term ''n!gg@'' as a term of endearment in Latin America. That is pretty much an Afro-American thing only place that has spread globally to is the UK , its not rocket science.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post



So now the excuse that "Latin American" dont even look at Brazilians as Latin Americans?? LOL....so what do you Latin Americans view these Cariocas as? Please tell me....and please remember I live here so I will definitely call out your BS answer...but please indulge me...Ill wait. And to be clear, you still have not disproven my factual statement as to only rappers and real "street" guys using the word as it is not prevalent in everyday Brazilian vocabulary or slang...I even gave you some examples to look up. Voce falar Portugues, correcto? And in what context is the word used in Latin American vocabulary taht is different from American contex?


I never said Brazilians are not Latin Americans , I just said they are looked at as oddball cousins of the Latin American community simply because of them being a Portuguese based culture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post


I specifically stated it was not a normality dude. Can you read AND comprehend?


Exactly its not normal, so what does it matter if it pops up in a few Brazlian rap songs that try to emulate the Afro American's style?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post


That Wash Heights is one of them. Thanks for FINALLY admitting you were wrong or simply didnt know...youre welcome.

No its not bro, and you still haven't provided proof of Washington Heights residents referring to themselves as Harlemites or Harlem residents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post


The gist of the statement was a metaphor for your talking points my dude.


Right so now you have a strange definition of metaphor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post


The Colored as considered Black in SA. Which is why they are seeking acknowledgement in the constitution.....what are you talking about??

Not true at all. Some Coloreds do have visible Sub-Saharan African with Non-Sub Saharan(Black) ancestry but that doesn't mean they are considered the same as full bred blacks in South Africa.



First of all the term Coloreds for South Africa is so convoluted. It doesn't just mean an admixed black person in South Africa, it can also include mixed Indians and East Asians at times, but also people of Khoisan or mixed non-Khoisan descent of maybe Indian or East Asian descent.It also can include predominantly European and African hybrids such as what you would call ''quadrons'' or ''octoroons''.

You don't seem to understand that the racial and ethnic terms in South Africa is not the same as the states , in South Africa they pretty much separate themselves from Coloreds and South African Bantu Blacks.




Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post


How do I have a race driven agenda?

I'll quote your first post in this thread below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post
10% black? 80% mulatto? where are you getting your statistics? And you do know that a very, very, large majority of those you say are mulatto are mixed with black right?

I know Trujillo brainwashed people with that propaganda but......

You out right tried to redefine, what the racial statistics in the Dominican Republic were, and that was very tacky and presumptuous. You can define another country's racial standards by another such as yours.But you choose to ignore it



Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post


Specifically state where I inferred that the DR should support illegal immigration to support my Pro Black agenda? I asked the other guy why he figured Afro Americans had a vested interest in the DR "sacrificing" its borders as he stated....its a BS narrative both of you hold.

No you didn't .To be honest you shouldn't of been worried on what kind of policy the DR had on immigration at all.But Dominican posters have explained to you that the Dominican Republic not supporting Haitian immigrants is not because they hate Haitians they just can't handle the influx of Haitian immigrants burdening their economy.

The post below shows your 2nd post after your first was clearly coming from a racial viewpoint. Talking about Dominicans embracing African heritage ,so clearly you were racially motivated with all the Afro heritage don't try to change up your lies.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post


Well Trujillo is the one that started the BS. And to be clear, if one isnt embracing their heritage then they most likely dont know, or are willfully ignorant. The narrative that black dominicans deny their blackness wasnt created off the island...it was created on the island. Lets be honest with the facts yeah/ Im a black american who lives in Rio De Janeiro and there is more of an embracing of their "afro" heritage in Brazil than certain other places. I do admit that the "afro latino" movement is alive and very well...as it should be.




Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post



You have a very limited knowledge of not only American Blacks but seemingly Diaspora blacks as well. And also the snide remarks made concerning the Afroxxx movement and the consciousness of Latinos in embracing their shared African roots.




Yea right , you're in no position to tell me on my lack of knowledge when you have not to only been cited to be ignorant of the racial atmosphere in the Dominican Republic, but also that of Brazil and South Africa.Its not just me that's calling out your errors and inaccuracies of the DR and Latin America in thread.



Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post

I specifically speak on first hand knowledge in my comparisons.... and finally I of course understand at a Macro level the border issue as the 2 countries I reside in during the year have immigration issues to varying degrees as well. The difference between you and I is I dont speak specifically to micro level issues I have no intimate knowledge of. You and the other guy speak without knowing. So once again, you were invited to be exposed to whats real.

First of all do you speak on a ''micro'' level or on a ''macro'' level ? Make up your mind.Secondly you exposed yourself to equating the border issues Brazil has to the one's the Dominican Republic has, not equatable at all.



Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post
[b][i]
This was addressed down the thread. maybe you should read all the commentary before jumping into a discussion between 2 individuals. That poster made un-informed and unsubstantiated claims as to WHO and WHY. He believed that Liberals, Black Americans, and others were secretly plotting the demise of the DR via illegal immigration from Haiti. He has to provide evidence for these claims and not right wing rhetoric and talking points. There is no black movement or Afroxxx movements pushing of any agenda to cripple the DR via Haitian illegal immigration. To state such because countries are not rushing to help the DR perpetuate its agenda at blocking Haitians immigrating illegally is wack and false. The DR should create human immigration laws, just as the US, EU and everyone should because every country has some of its population that illegally migrate to others for better opportunities. The DR is a country that exports a lot of illegal immigrants as well. They should focus on keeping their people at home so as to help grow the country politically, economically, and socio-economically.


That's not true at all, what they said is that many Black Americans think that the aspects and outlooks that they have in America IN TERMS OF RACE should be shared by many Afro Latinos in Latin America.

They didn't say there was an agenda or conspiracy by Black Americans to cripple the DR, Latino posters were just saying that Black Americans try to impose the same American system of racism on Afro Latinos that they suffered from by liberals and Americans in general.Dominicans feeling wary to Haitian immigration is not necessarily because of race like some people imply.

Last edited by PrizeWinner; 11-13-2018 at 01:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2018, 11:30 AM
 
Location: Formerly NYC by week; ATL by weekend...now Rio bi annually and ATL bi annually
1,208 posts, read 1,595,779 times
Reputation: 706
Page 12 by Prizewinner "Right and just as Mexicans in South Texas grew up with Afro Americans so did the Mexican Chicanos in LA. Although the relationship is strained and their is strong cholo style there still is a bit of Black Angeleno influence.

More over the blacks and Chicanos in Norcal have a culture that is almost intertwined. "

Your words bruh...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2018, 12:31 PM
 
Location: Formerly NYC by week; ATL by weekend...now Rio bi annually and ATL bi annually
1,208 posts, read 1,595,779 times
Reputation: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrizeWinner View Post
3 Days after you reply like this...?

Yep, I do more than hang on CD. This is entertainmemnt for me...so now back to entertaining your false narratives and assumtions...where do we start??


No meeting up unnecessarily does.

Tisk, tisk....OK



This is not really a debate to me ,I am just giving my accounts and evidence to back up my claims.

Also I never said Cholo and Black relationships are bad. I gave examples of Cholos and blacks in regions like Norcal,Chicago and Tejanos getting along fine but in SoCal relationships are strained,this is what I mean on you choosing to misconstrue somebody's word.

You have accounts based on assumption and speculation, no evidence which is what I called you out on. And of course you couldnt answer my question, so there was definitely no need to misconstrue anything you said dude....




lol you still have not showed any proof that Afro-Brazilians let alone Afro Latinos use the term ''n!gg@'' as a term of endearment in Latin America. That is pretty much an Afro-American thing only place that has spread globally to is the UK , its not rocket science.

Question: Did I not provide you with the names of the Brazilian Rap and Funk artists to listen to? I believe I did...I could bring you around the Favela and let you experience the culture but inviting you to actually see that your assumptions have been making you look like an azz is somewhat homophobic in your eyes...refer to my prior post listing some rap artists and funk artists or continue to wallow in willful ignorance.


I never said Brazilians are not Latin Americans , I just said they are looked at as oddball cousins of the Latin American community simply because of them being a Portuguese based culture.

No other Latin Americans I know or have encountered in my travels believe in this narrative....but if you think that way, OK...



Exactly its not normal, so what does it matter if it pops up in a few Brazlian rap songs that try to emulate the Afro American's style?

You just stated above that I did not provided any evidence, meaning you did not google any of the artists that i referred you to yet you matter of factly state that its not common? How would you know? Is it truly just a few rap and funk songs or the overwhelming majority? Assumptions again and willful ignorance....



No its not bro, and you still haven't provided proof of Washington Heights residents referring to themselves as Harlemites or Harlem residents.

I see and have seen everyday living there. Where are you from?




Right so now you have a strange definition of metaphor.




Not true at all. Some Coloreds do have visible Sub-Saharan African with Non-Sub Saharan(Black) ancestry but that doesn't mean they are considered the same as full bred blacks in South Africa.

Once again, they are considered Bl;acks in the Constitution and are seeking affirmation as a seperate demographic under the Constitution....



First of all the term Coloreds for South Africa is so convoluted. It doesn't just mean an admixed black person in South Africa, it can also include mixed Indians and East Asians at times, but also people of Khoisan or mixed non-Khoisan descent of maybe Indian or East Asian descent.It also can include predominantly European and African hybrids such as what you would call ''quadrons'' or ''octoroons''.

You don't seem to understand that the racial and ethnic terms in South Africa is not the same as the states , in South Africa they pretty much separate themselves from Coloreds and South African Bantu Blacks.

I proved you wrong that Coloreds are considered "Mulattos", which you seem to call any visibly mixed Black person. Next, I provided you with the factual context of Coloreds and their struggle to be recognized in the SA Constitution. But I dont understan the ethnic terms of SA....OK.

Right, Im from probably the most racially diverse state in the US due to admixture and dont know what quadroons and Octaroons are...even though my family was full of them. OK.....







I'll quote your first post in this thread below.




You out right tried to redefine, what the racial statistics in the Dominican Republic were, and that was very tacky and presumptuous. You can define another country's racial standards by another such as yours.But you choose to ignore it

Did you mean to say I "can't"? How is factually incorrect stating that the neo-colonialist view you have of racial ethnicity as it pertains to the mixing of Africans and indigenous and/or Europeans colonialists are wrong?? And how is it factually incorrect stating that Trujillo pushed a racially driven propaganda to brainwash the DR population into thinking they were descended directly from Spain?? Unpack this for me please....as it speaks volumes to the xenophobia as it pertains to the possible underlying motive to not want to accept a large number of the Black neighbors you have trying to enter your side of the island, outside of socioeconomic struggles that I never argued against.




No you didn't .To be honest you shouldn't of been worried on what kind of policy the DR had on immigration at all.But Dominican posters have explained to you that the Dominican Republic not supporting Haitian immigrants is not because they hate Haitians they just can't handle the influx of Haitian immigrants burdening their economy.

You should stop trying to speak on any of the things you assume to know about...period. The original posters brought up racial ethnicity initially. Fair game to be debated....and where was it argued that I stated taht your economy was burgeoning and was robust enough to accept 500K people? I specifiocally stated taht people are looking at the DR to be HUMANE in its immigration policies just as other countries are. I also made a point to point out that the DR needed to fix its issues. Did I not?

The post below shows your 2nd post after your first was clearly coming from a racial viewpoint. Talking about Dominicans embracing African heritage ,so clearly you were racially motivated with all the Afro heritage don't try to change up your lies.


Originally Posted by Banilejo
I'm a Dominican from the south(Bani) and I would consider all those people you posted as black, and they would all be called "moreno" or "negro" where I'm from. Everybody is mixed in DR but people who look predominately African are still seen as black in most parts of the country regardless of admixture. Where did people get this stupid idea that Afro-Dominicans are unaware of their African roots? Regardless of whether or not people embrace their blacker phenotypes, they're is still completely aware that they are black, and are reminded that they are black by being around lighter Dominicans.


Still trying to debate my point? See above original post to which I replied….I told you you are fighting a losing battle bro…
Only lies being perpetuated are yours...because no matter how much you are proven wrong, you still hold on to them....











Yea right , you're in no position to tell me on my lack of knowledge when you have not to only been cited to be ignorant of the racial atmosphere in the Dominican Republic, but also that of Brazil and South Africa.Its not just me that's calling out your errors and inaccuracies of the DR and Latin America in thread.

BS. You have not proven me factually wrong about anything....and what am I wrong about as it pertains to the racial atmosphere of the DR? that there is an Afroxxx movement? Please expound on this...





First of all do you speak on a ''micro'' level or on a ''macro'' level ? Make up your mind.Secondly you exposed yourself to equating the border issues Brazil has to the one's the Dominican Republic has, not equatable at all.

This is where reading comprehension comes into play, and shows that you just like typing to read your own words.....Im going to copy and paste my statement AGAIN for you and you tell me what I said...which you probably cannot since it went over your head the first time bro....
Please depict to me where I spoke specifically to legislation the DR government has been engaged in regarding Haiti and its immigrants trying to legally and illegally cross the border? Thats called speaking from a Macro level....since you dont know..

"I specifically speak on first hand knowledge in my comparisons.... and finally I of course understand at a Macro level the border issue as the 2 countries I reside in during the year have immigration issues to varying degrees as well. The difference between you and I is I dont speak specifically to micro level issues I have no intimate knowledge of. You and the other guy speak without knowing. So once again, you were invited to be exposed to whats real."

Secondly, immigration issues are equatable. Especially illegal immigration. Difference between me and you is that I actually travel and experience life and culture and see for myself whereas you get your info from....well IDK....
Just as you and the other idiot try and compare the DR to the US issues and suggesting a "wall"...smh. You probably think Mexicans still climb the walls to get into Texas and Arizona huh?







That's not true at all, what they said is that many Black Americans think that the aspects and outlooks that they have in America IN TERMS OF RACE should be shared by many Afro Latinos in Latin America.

That is not what was said bro...SEE BELOW PLEASE

They didn't say there was an agenda or conspiracy by Black Americans to cripple the DR, Latino posters were just saying that Black Americans try to impose the same American system of racism on Afro Latinos that they suffered from by liberals and Americans in general.Dominicans feeling wary to Haitian immigration is not necessarily because of race like some people imply.
Originally Posted by platanopower
AntonioR is 100% right. US society is trying to pressure the Dominican Republic into take in any Haitian illegal immigrants willing to come and to help Haiti with any problem, as if their problems are ours and we are their doormat. From the powerful US government, to rich n influential American celebrities (especially black), and everyday Latino, black, n white people (white liberals are pro black due to white guilt) ,even a few brainwashed Afrocentric Dominican Americans. No we will NOT take in 500,000 - 2million illegal Haitians, thats a dub, our country is not an orphanage, they need to fix their country, or a wall will be built, only 2 solutions, Americans going to have to accept that and mind their business.


Oh boy, you got some ‘splaining to do Lucy……I guess you don’t read before you respond….and im sure you don’t read the full thread before you try and jump into a debate without knowing all of the POV’s involved bro…but I will unpack all of your false assumptions…..Now, again, who are these outside agitators in the American Black Community, and also the brainwashed Afro-Latino movement? Specifically the the Afrocentric Dominicans…..and are they on the Island or in the US? I’d like to google them….

There seems to be. From what I have read and the dialogue I have been engaged in with you all some underlying issues with Black Americans and, lets say, Black Consciousness…..so lets unpack that bro….because no one can claim that Black Americans and Afro-Latinos are attempting to subvert the DR government and push a covert illegal immigration agenda without evidence……and of course no one up-thread has responded to my questions regarding AntonioR and Platanopowers assertions. Wonder why????

Last edited by SLIMMACKEY; 11-13-2018 at 12:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2018, 01:40 PM
 
301 posts, read 187,867 times
Reputation: 85
Since you are not even attempting to quote properly, I think a discourse with you is a waste of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post

Page 12 by Prizewinner "Right and just as Mexicans in South Texas grew up with Afro Americans so did the Mexican Chicanos in LA. Although the relationship is strained and their is strong cholo style there still is a bit of Black Angeleno influence.

More over the blacks and Chicanos in Norcal have a culture that is almost intertwined. "

Your words bruh...
Obviously you can't comprehend.First of all despite the typo, I stated that Afro-Americans and Chicano Mexicans relationship strained not at a full scale conflict, didn't you read that even the blacks have an influence on the Chicanos in LA.

Secondly Northern California Mexicans are a different story than the Chicanos in LA.Don't try to twist my words anyone would know what I meant.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post


Yep, I do more than hang on CD. This is entertainmemnt for me...so now back to entertaining your false narratives and assumtions...where do we start??
I doubt it, especially after you take an hour and a half to reply to your first post.



Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post




You have accounts based on assumption and speculation, no evidence which is what I called you out on. And of course you couldnt answer my question, so there was definitely no need to misconstrue anything you said dude....

The only assumption is on your part especially when you can't back anything up.




Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post


Question: Did I not provide you with the names of the Brazilian Rap and Funk artists to listen to? I believe I did...I could bring you around the Favela and let you experience the culture but inviting you to actually see that your assumptions have been making you look like an azz is somewhat homophobic in your eyes...refer to my prior post listing some rap artists and funk artists or continue to wallow in willful ignorance.
Again you must not understand that rappers don't represent what the common populace is doing, thats like saying Machine Gun Kelly ,Yelawolf, and Mac Miller represent what's common in white America with their wild getdown.

Lets see some vids or something of the term ''n!kk@'' being in common conversations among Afro-Brazilians.



Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post



No other Latin Americans I know or have encountered in my travels believe in this narrative....but if you think that way, OK...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post



Other Latin Americans do consider many of them Latins but they are outliers being Portuguese based.



You just stated above that I did not provided any evidence, meaning you did not google any of the artists that i referred you to yet you matter of factly state that its not common? How would you know? Is it truly just a few rap and funk songs or the overwhelming majority? Assumptions again and willful ignorance....
As I said above provide proof that the word n!kk@ is commonly said amongst Brazilians, you said it yourself it wasn't.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post




I see and have seen everyday living there. Where are you from?

Obviously you haven't been there long enough to figure out people in Washington Heights don't consider themselves part of Harlem, why don't you back up Washington Heights is part of Harlem.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post


Once again, they are considered Bl;acks in the Constitution and are seeking affirmation as a seperate demographic under the Constitution....


Another example of your errors, Coloreds obviously aren't considered black thats why they get discriminated by some Black South Africans, particularly some not all. You don't seem to understand this includes Indians ,some Chinese ,mixed peoples ,Khoisans, or mixed Khoisans. You don't seem to understand that being black in South Africa doesn't just mean having Sub Saharan African ancestry even if its predominantly part of your lineage.





Perfect example of an Afro-American thinking the racial definitions in his country applies to others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post




I proved you wrong that Coloreds are considered "Mulattos", which you seem to call any visibly mixed Black person. Next, I provided you with the factual context of Coloreds and their struggle to be recognized in the SA Constitution. But I dont understan the ethnic terms of SA....OK.

Absolute non-sense,Mulatto isn't even used in South Africa and you never knew what South African definition of Coloreds until I told you .And its not just mixed peoples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post






Right, Im from probably the most racially diverse state in the US due to admixture and dont know what quadroons and Octaroons are...even though my family was full of them. OK.....


Racially diverse state in terms of what, they may of quantified the amount of white blood lineage of blacks in Louisiana but that doesn't mean they only had exposure to racial diversity. Places like exhibit not only whites, but Natives, blacks,Samoans,and East Asians in abundance.

But you don't seem to understand that South African octoroons or quadroons were different from the ones in the US, because the octoroons Coloreds in South Africa weren't considered black like they were in the US having the one drop rule.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post



Did you mean to say I "can't"? How is factually incorrect stating that the neo-colonialist view you have of racial ethnicity as it pertains to the mixing of Africans and indigenous and/or Europeans colonialists are wrong??





Yes I meant ''CAN'T'', and I never said anything about neo-colonist.

And its wrong because the racial classifications that they have in DR are not going to be the same as it is for the blacks in America.



Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post




And how is it factually incorrect stating that Trujillo pushed a racially driven propaganda to brainwash the DR population into thinking they were descended directly from Spain?? Unpack this for me please....as it speaks volumes to the xenophobia as it pertains to the possible underlying motive to not want to accept a large number of the Black neighbors you have trying to enter your side of the island, outside of socioeconomic struggles that I never argued against.

That was irrelevant to the discussion because Trujillo was in power 50 years ago and we are talking about the influx of Haitians into the Dominican Republic now. You are attempting to make it a racial thing when it has been said by Dominicans that even Afro-Dominicans of the past had their xenophobia to Haitians because they were cruel to both black and white Dominicans.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post




till trying to debate my point? See above original post to which I replied….I told you you are fighting a losing battle bro…
How is one stating that people in the DR embracing their African heritage as they are mixed with African a racial agenda? Why did you not quote my post speaking as to people arguing for the DR's humaneness as it pertains to the immigrants? Because it does not support your narrative? Do you know what a racial agenda or racially motivated statement looks like?
You did not come in this thread replying to that, you came in this thread stating your own race baiting .

Embracing their African heritage has nothing to do with the government of DR immigration.

Plus don't seem to understand even in the post you quoted that DR is that many Afro Dominicans and mixed Dominicans express varying emotions about their African lineage. But thats totally irrelevant and their business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post





BS. You have not proven me factually wrong about anything....and what am I wrong about as it pertains to the racial atmosphere of the DR? that there is an Afroxxx movement? Please expound on this...

I have proven you wrong, and it has become boring knocking down your arguments.And what do you mean by ''Afroxxx'',do you mean African diaspora or Afro Centric ? I never mentioned anything about it and still don't see what that has to do with Haitian immigration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post



Please depict to me where I spoke specifically to legislation the DR government has been engaged in regarding Haiti and its immigrants trying to legally and illegally cross the border? Thats called speaking from a Macro level....since you dont know..

Exactly where you have spoken about the legislation of the DR government in regards to the immigration and Haiti? You have been on a racial tirade all through this thread.




Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post



Secondly, immigration issues are equatable. Especially illegal immigration. Difference between me and you is that I actually travel and experience life and culture and see for myself whereas you get your info from....well IDK....
Just as you and the other idiot try and compare the DR to the US issues and suggesting a "wall"...smh. You probably think Mexicans still climb the walls to get into Texas and Arizona huh?
The underlined statement shows how ignorant you are. The Dominican Republic is a country of 10 million or so, while Brazil is a country of 210 million. So lets 200,000 immigrants come to DR annually and 200,000 come to Brazil annually ,the affect of immigration on the population definitely not be the same.

Not to mention the fact that Haiti and Dominican Republic have had hostile relations for years. Sometimes it has led to battles and wars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post





That is not what was said bro...SEE BELOW PLEASE


Yes you did, and what does quoting platanopower have to do with what YOU said ?


Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post



Oh boy, you got some ‘splaining to do Lucy……I guess you don’t read before you respond….and im sure you don’t read the full thread before you try and jump into a debate without knowing all of the POV’s involved bro…but I will unpack all of your false assumptions…..Now, again, who are these outside agitators in the American Black Community, and also the brainwashed Afro-Latino movement? Specifically the the Afrocentric Dominicans…..and are they on the Island or in the US? I’d like to google them….

Hmmm,''splaining'', yes you are very eloquent.

Hard of hearing and understanding no one said black Americans are agitators with in the politics of the DR community its just that many like you try to impose their racial outlooks on the country.

Their racial dynamics would never be the same as other America or even the Caribbean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post


There seems to be. From what I have read and the dialogue I have been engaged in with you all some underlying issues with Black Americans and, lets say, Black Consciousness…..so lets unpack that bro….because no one can claim that Black Americans and Afro-Latinos are attempting to subvert the DR government and push a covert illegal immigration agenda without evidence……and of course no one up-thread has responded to my questions regarding AntonioR and Platanopowers assertions. Wonder why????
You're putting words in peoples mouths, you came in there taking about Trujillo and other irrelevant topics.

What was said is that you are attempting to push your racial definitions and views on the country but have NOT give any suggestions on how the DR should handle their immigration.

Now can you please add any suggestions on how the Dominican Republic should tackle the issue of immigration of Haitians, cause all you have been doing is spouting out racial garbage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2018, 03:21 PM
 
Location: Formerly NYC by week; ATL by weekend...now Rio bi annually and ATL bi annually
1,208 posts, read 1,595,779 times
Reputation: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrizeWinner View Post
Since you are not even attempting to quote properly, I think a discourse with you is a waste of time.




Obviously you can't comprehend.First of all despite the typo, I stated that Afro-Americans and Chicano Mexicans relationship strained not at a full scale conflict, didn't you read that even the blacks have an influence on the Chicanos in LA.

I asked how they were strained since you claim to know which of course you dont...next...

Secondly Northern California Mexicans are a different story than the Chicanos in LA.Don't try to twist my words anyone would know what I meant.

How Sway??
I dont have to twist your words...but below we will see just how bad your comprehension skills are. And how you TRY and cherry pick statements to twist to fit your losing narrative...just wait...




I doubt it, especially after you take an hour and a half to reply to your first post.

Ad hominem? Little boy, have a seat and let me finish schooling you OK?



The only assumption is on your part especially when you can't back anything up.

When you consistently speak in falsity, you start to believe it cher.....even when presented with first hand accounts and tangible evidence you still refuse to accept when you are wrong.....but wait...theres more...


Again you must not understand that rappers don't represent what the common populace is doing, thats like saying Machine Gun Kelly ,Yelawolf, and Mac Miller represent what's common in white America with their wild getdown.

Here is a prime example for your lesson kid.....you initially TRIED to refute my statement of "the word is NOT used by everyday Brazilians, but by street dudes and people in the rap and funk circles" by saying that rappers and Funkeiros are overwhelming representative of everyday Brazilians. Now, you state in your example that they would not be represent the "common populace"? So which is it? This is called a contradiction sir...and you are a walking example kid....

Lets see some vids or something of the term ''n!kk@'' being in common conversations among Afro-Brazilians.

I gave you some artists to google. Also asked if voce falar portuguese....you didnt touch that point though....for good reason. You will be proven wrong yet again. And again, I stated the street dudes and rap circles...its easy to find...on youtube and even if you follow those artists on instagram. Am I being too harsh in my request taht you actually perform some research? Do you need me to translate portuguese for you? If so just ask.....


As I said above provide proof that the word n!kk@ is commonly said amongst Brazilians, you said it yourself it wasn't.

I said it wasnt used by everyday Cariuocas, just the rap circles and street dudes. How many times must I repeat this? It WASNT your statement, as you dont have a clue whats going on here.....if you did this would not be a point of contention.....lmao


Obviously you haven't been there long enough to figure out people in Washington Heights don't consider themselves part of Harlem, why don't you back up Washington Heights is part of Harlem.

Ive done so. You just refuse to believe it....not my problem. Ive spoken about the issue you have, willful ignorance....


Another example of your errors, Coloreds obviously aren't considered black thats why they get discriminated by some Black South Africans, particularly some not all. You don't seem to understand this includes Indians ,some Chinese ,mixed peoples ,Khoisans, or mixed Khoisans. You don't seem to understand that being black in South Africa doesn't just mean having Sub Saharan African ancestry even if its predominantly part of your lineage.

Coloreds are not discriminated on by Blacks in South African. They deem that they are a seperate ethnic group. Nowhere in the SA Constitution are they spelled out. Now why is that kid? Enlighten us with your knowledge of why they fight to be recognized....and to be clear, they tend to share the same tribal alliances as what you blatantly ethnic ignorant Dominicans call as pure Africans...as though the light skinned Africans are not African....gtfoh.


Perfect example of an Afro-American thinking the racial definitions in his country applies to others.

Ah, the literal and figurative ignorance is alive in you....lol. How do you purport to know how I look at race? Because I stated I am a Black American? I live in Brazil as well.....what are my projections on Blackness? Ive not alluded to one and you cannot point one out...see where assuming gets you????



Absolute non-sense,Mulatto isn't even used in South Africa and you never knew what South African definition of Coloreds until I told you .And its not just mixed peoples.

YOU stated they were Mulatto...as you have commonly done in your posts in regards to mixed light skinned Blacks.....Ive noticed the trend bro....To be clear, I introduced Coloreds into the conversation bro.....



Racially diverse state in terms of what, they may of quantified the amount of white blood lineage of blacks in Louisiana but that doesn't mean they only had exposure to racial diversity. Places like exhibit not only whites, but Natives, blacks,Samoans,and East Asians in abundance.

Indian, French, Spanish, European, Black is not racially diverse?? Hmm.....

Keep talking, as I said your ignorance is on shine kid....

But you don't seem to understand that South African octoroons or quadroons were different from the ones in the US, because the octoroons Coloreds in South Africa weren't considered black like they were in the US having the one drop rule.

YOU seemed to keep missing the fact taht Coloreds in SA were not recognized as a separate ethnic group under the Constitution of SA....I know you like to disregard facts in order to keep up with your narrative but Im not letting it ride kid....

Who stated that Coloreds were considered Black by the colonialist apartheid regime because they were mixed with Black thus the "one drop rule" was applicable to them?? They were considered Black for more heinous reasons kid.....do your research

Yes I meant ''CAN'T'', and I never said anything about neo-colonist.

And its wrong because the racial classifications that they have in DR are not going to be the same as it is for the blacks in America.

First off, keep up...I stated neo-colonialist......secondly, pointing out that the brainwashing about how all of the Dominicans were descended from Spain was propaganda is factually accurate on my part. And as far as racial classifications go, what did I state that you have an issue with? I told you we are gonna unpack you crap...
And do you believe the rhetoric Trujillo was preaching to your people?


That was irrelevant to the discussion because Trujillo was in power 50 years ago and we are talking about the influx of Haitians into the Dominican Republic now. You are attempting to make it a racial thing when it has been said by Dominicans that even Afro-Dominicans of the past had their xenophobia to Haitians because they were cruel to both black and white Dominicans.

Again, your fellow Dominicans made it about race....I see that you conveniently left out responses to the posts that I linked in my previous response...can deny facts bro....

You did not come in this thread replying to that, you came in this thread stating your own race baiting .

How you gonna tell me what I replied to when I linked the post I replied to kid?? Are you really that cognitively dissonant? I literally liked the post i responded to and now you are TRYING to tell me I didnt respond to it?? GTFOH.....

Embracing their African heritage has nothing to do with the government of DR immigration.

Plus don't seem to understand even in the post you quoted that DR is that many Afro Dominicans and mixed Dominicans express varying emotions about their African lineage. But thats totally irrelevant and their business.

This is where your comprehension comes into question yet again....where do you get that I dont understand the varying emotions of Dominicans from that post?? Here it is agaon for your reading enjoyment...
Originally Posted by Banilejo
I'm a Dominican from the south(Bani) and I would consider all those people you posted as black, and they would all be called "moreno" or "negro" where I'm from. Everybody is mixed in DR but people who look predominately African are still seen as black in most parts of the country regardless of admixture. Where did people get this stupid idea that Afro-Dominicans are unaware of their African roots? Regardless of whether or not people embrace their blacker phenotypes, they're is still completely aware that they are black, and are reminded that they are black by being around lighter Dominicans.

Yeah, varying emotions galore...

I have proven you wrong, and it has become boring knocking down your arguments.And what do you mean by ''Afroxxx'',do you mean African diaspora or Afro Centric ? I never mentioned anything about it and still don't see what that has to do with Haitian immigration.

No you havent...do you even know the difference between Afroxxx and Afro Centric? If you have to ask, then Im sure you dont....you continually try and state that someone is on a racial tirade...just YOU!

Exactly where you have spoken about the legislation of the DR government in regards to the immigration and Haiti? You have been on a racial tirade all through this thread.

Man, you truly are either willfully ignorant or stupid. I specifically on multiple occassions stated that I HAVE NOT spoken on Dominican Legislation in regards to Haitin immigration due to the fact I dont have the intimate, micro level knowledge to do so. You mean to tell me you missed taht EACH time I STATED IT???


The underlined statement shows how ignorant you are. The Dominican Republic is a country of 10 million or so, while Brazil is a country of 210 million. So lets 200,000 immigrants come to DR annually and 200,000 come to Brazil annually ,the affect of immigration on the population definitely not be the same.

If immigration issues are NOT equatable then please explain how the hell you are trying to equate yours with the US and its bogus solution??? Pot, meet kettle......

Not to mention the fact that Haiti and Dominican Republic have had hostile relations for years. Sometimes it has led to battles and wars.

Unpack the reason for the conflicts and you will understand the conflicts...duh.



Yes you did, and what does quoting platanopower have to do with what YOU said ?

What I did????
First off, THEY said whatever it is you are eluding to, I simply responded. See your own words below:
You: That's not true at all, what they said is that many Black Americans think that the aspects and outlooks that they have in America IN TERMS OF RACE should be shared by many Afro Latinos in Latin America.

Me: That is not what was said bro...SEE BELOW PLEASE

You: They didn't say there was an agenda or conspiracy by Black Americans to cripple the DR, Latino posters were just saying that Black Americans try to impose the same American system of racism on Afro Latinos that they suffered from by liberals and Americans in general.Dominicans feeling wary to Haitian immigration is not necessarily because of race like some people imply.

Plantanopowers post I replied to:Originally Posted by platanopower
AntonioR is 100% right. US society is trying to pressure the Dominican Republic into take in any Haitian illegal immigrants willing to come and to help Haiti with any problem, as if their problems are ours and we are their doormat. From the powerful US government, to rich n influential American celebrities (especially black), and everyday Latino, black, n white people (white liberals are pro black due to white guilt) ,even a few brainwashed Afrocentric Dominican Americans. No we will NOT take in 500,000 - 2million illegal Haitians, thats a dub, our country is not an orphanage, they need to fix their country, or a wall will be built, only 2 solutions, Americans going to have to accept that and mind their business.




Hmmm,''splaining'', yes you are very eloquent.

Hard of hearing and understanding no one said black Americans are agitators with in the politics of the DR community its just that many like you try to impose their racial outlooks on the country.

See above and learn how to read AND comprehend....

Their racial dynamics would never be the same as other America or even the Caribbean.

Whose dynamics and what other America? The Caribbean definitly had the same racial dynamics as the US fool....they are Diaspora Blacks just like American Blacks. Cultural differences yes...


You're putting words in peoples mouths, you came in there taking about Trujillo and other irrelevant topics.

It was a correct point that was made to the poster. You may not like it but whatever....they brought race into the convo.

What was said is that you are attempting to push your racial definitions and views on the country but have NOT give any suggestions on how the DR should handle their immigration.

What racial definitions have I stated that the DR should apply to its people of African descent? Please advise....

Now can you please add any suggestions on how the Dominican Republic should tackle the issue of immigration of Haitians, cause all you have been doing is spouting out racial garbage.
My post from Page 7 kid: Like where are people asking for the DR to be sacrificed?

I think people are just trying to appal to her humaneness.....just as other countries do when they accept Dominicanos into their population.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2018, 07:02 PM
 
301 posts, read 187,867 times
Reputation: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post



I asked how they were strained since you claim to know which of course you dont...next...




I told you do your research no time to explain anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post




How Sway??
I dont have to twist your words...but below we will see just how bad your comprehension skills are. And how you TRY and cherry pick statements to twist to fit your losing narrative...just wait...



How do I cherry pick and twist words, that's just an emotional way of saying its nothing for me to catch you in your lies.





Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post





Ad hominem? Little boy, have a seat and let me finish schooling you OK?




Do you know what ad hominem is?! Me stating you talking long to reply is not wrong.Maybe you need to mature a little bit and use ad hominems when I didn't use them towards you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post




When you consistently speak in falsity, you start to believe it cher.....even when presented with first hand accounts and tangible evidence you still refuse to accept when you are wrong.....but wait...theres more...


You still haven't explained how am I wrong.I'm still waiting.



Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post




Here is a prime example for your lesson kid.....you initially TRIED to refute my statement of "the word is NOT used by everyday Brazilians, but by street dudes and people in the rap and funk circles" by saying that rappers and Funkeiros are overwhelming representative of everyday Brazilians. Now, you state in your example that they would not be represent the "common populace"? So which is it? This is called a contradiction sir...and you are a walking example kid....



Post examples of common Afro-Brazilians using the term n!kk@ or just shut up about it.We don't care about musical artists.If you had any thing to back it up you would of done it by now, its not like anyone believes you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post



I gave you some artists to google. Also asked if voce falar portuguese....you didnt touch that point though....for good reason. You will be proven wrong yet again. And again, I stated the street dudes and rap circles...its easy to find...on youtube and even if you follow those artists on instagram. Am I being too harsh in my request taht you actually perform some research? Do you need me to translate portuguese for you? If so just ask.....




Why would I need a translation of Portuguese when I can hear them say the word n!gg@ in their rap.Obviously you're lying. And again it doesn't matter what rappers or musical artists are saying, since its so common among Afro-Brazilians let me see you post something of them doing it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post




I said it wasnt used by everyday Cariuocas, just the rap circles and street dudes.


Ok so thats it, its not used every day. If street dudes use it just post the video with the timestamp of it, other than that you are just talking hot air.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post



Ive done so. You just refuse to believe it....not my problem. Ive spoken about the issue you have, willful ignorance....


Aren't you tired of lying you haven't posted any reference, link or even any video of Dominicans or any one stating that people living in Washington Heights claim Harlem.



Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post



Coloreds are not discriminated on by Blacks in South African. They deem that they are a seperate ethnic group. Nowhere in the SA Constitution are they spelled out. Now why is that kid? Enlighten us with your knowledge of why they fight to be recognized....and to be clear, they tend to share the same tribal alliances as what you blatantly ethnic ignorant Dominicans call as pure Africans...as though the light skinned Africans are not African....gtfoh.


Dude stop it you don't know anything about South Africa . Enlighten yourself. Coloreds is racial category not an ethnic group. Many Afro-Americans like you don't know the difference because race and ethnicity are almost inseparable


Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post


. Ah, the literal and figurative ignorance is alive in you....lol. How do you purport to know how I look at race? Because I stated I am a Black American? I live in Brazil as well.....what are my projections on Blackness? Ive not alluded to one and you cannot point one out...see where assuming gets you????

So you think living in Brazil gives you an authority to talk on DR politics and contest with Dominicans about what goes on there.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post


.
YOU stated they were Mulatto...as you have commonly done in your posts in regards to mixed light skinned Blacks.....Ive noticed the trend bro....To be clear, I introduced Coloreds into the conversation bro.....


And said some Coloreds can include the term mulatto, if you can keep up with reading you would see I stated the ''colored'' designation includes many racial categories and racial hybrids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post



Indian, French, Spanish, European, Black is not racially diverse?? Hmm.....

Keep talking, as I said your ignorance is on shine kid....


You keep exhibiting your lack of knowledge. French,Spanish and Euorpean are white not racial categories. And yes I never said its not racially diverse, just not the most any one in their right mind knows states like California are more racially diverse.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post



YOU seemed to keep missing the fact taht Coloreds in SA were not recognized as a separate ethnic group under the Constitution of SA....I know you like to disregard facts in order to keep up with your narrative but Im not letting it ride kid....


First of all I mean racially category not ethnicity.And you still can't show any source to show it wasn't a reference to prove they were not recognized as a category.The South African government definitely facilitated the racial category ''coloreds'' before and after Apartheid.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post



Who stated that Coloreds were considered Black by the colonialist apartheid regime because they were mixed with Black thus the "one drop rule" was applicable to them?? They were considered Black for more heinous reasons kid.....do your research



Show proof that Coloreds were the same racial categories as black, there were many non-black people lumped in, just say thank you and be thankful for me enlightening you.



Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post


First off, keep up...I stated neo-colonialist......secondly, pointing out that the brainwashing about how all of the Dominicans were descended from Spain was propaganda is factually accurate on my part. And as far as racial classifications go, what did I state that you have an issue with? I told you we are gonna unpack you crap...
And do you believe the rhetoric Trujillo was preaching to your people?



Neo-colonialist are irrelevant to the convo of Haitian immigration into the DR like I told you. And who is the we you are talking about are you delusional or have a split personality.

Many Dominicans do descend from people in Spain even your Afro-Dominicans. See its ok for you to highlight the French and Spanish in your hometown but disregard the presence of Spaniards in the DR. Many confused people like want highlight your diversity but are mad when others highlight their own home's diversity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post


Again, your fellow Dominicans made it about race....I see that you conveniently left out responses to the posts that I linked in my previous response...can deny facts bro....

Bro you're the one that is making everything about race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post



How you gonna tell me what I replied to when I linked the post I replied to kid?? Are you really that cognitively dissonant? I literally liked the post i responded to and now you are TRYING to tell me I didnt respond to it?? GTFOH.....



Makes no sense your first intial post in this thread was about race NOT how to handle immigration of Haitians in the DR.

I'll quote your first post again since you have a hard time remembering.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post
10% black? 80% mulatto? where are you getting your statistics? And you do know that a very, very, large majority of those you say are mulatto are mixed with black right?

I know Trujillo brainwashed people with that propaganda but......


Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post



This is where your comprehension comes into question yet again....where do you get that I dont understand the varying emotions of Dominicans from that post?? Here it is agaon for your reading enjoyment...



What you don't understand is that simply put is that you shouldn't be worried about how connected Dominicans feel connected to their African lineage.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post



No you havent...do you even know the difference between Afroxxx and Afro Centric? If you have to ask, then Im sure you dont....you continually try and state that someone is on a racial tirade...just YOU!


Well I don't care what the difference Afroxxx and Afro-Centric,your own stupid terms of Afroxxx sounds like African porn to me.



Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post


Man, you truly are either willfully ignorant or stupid. I specifically on multiple occassions stated that I HAVE NOT spoken on Dominican Legislation in regards to Haitin immigration due to the fact I dont have the intimate, micro level knowledge to do so. You mean to tell me you missed taht EACH time I STATED IT???



I like how you finally admitted that you have not spoken on Dominican Legislation obviously because don't have knowledge on the DR.There fore your comments are pretty much nothing but racially motivated in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post




If immigration issues are NOT equatable then please explain how the hell you are trying to equate yours with the US and its bogus solution??? Pot, meet kettle......



What that didn't even make any sense....


Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post






Unpack the reason for the conflicts and you will understand the conflicts...duh.




Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post


That is not what was said bro...SEE BELOW PLEASE


Me and others know what you said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post



See above and learn how to read AND comprehend....



Yea read and comprehend your words like ''splaining''.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post


Whose dynamics and what other America? The Caribbean definitly had the same racial dynamics as the US fool....they are Diaspora Blacks just like American Blacks. Cultural differences yes...

First of all if you paid attention I said , the Dominican Republic has different racial dynamics than the US and Caribbean. Pay attention really.

And as far as the Caribbean having the same racial dynamics as the US,np that's a total other digression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post

It was a correct point that was made to the poster. You may not like it but whatever....they brought race into the convo.

Your point was irrelevant because it didn't deal with immigration or the Dominican Republic.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post

What racial definitions have I stated that the DR should apply to its people of African descent? Please advise....

Are you serious , you have got to be kidding .... now its obvious that you are trolling.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post
My post from Page 7 kid: Like where are people asking for the DR to be sacrificed?

I think people are just trying to appal to her humaneness.....just as other countries do when they accept Dominicanos into their population.......

I think Dominicans on here are telling you what they have done to absorb the Haitian immigrants and are saying the DR government can't take more.

You ignoring this has shown you don't have enough IQ to stay on topic let alone quote me properly.


This thread has already digressed enough and I am not going to say anymore because I am wasting my time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top