U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-28-2019, 05:08 PM
 
7,437 posts, read 5,939,607 times
Reputation: 3799

Advertisements

Also the Haitians who migrate to the DR represent the poorest and most rural part of Haiti. They lack the power or the interest to take over the DR and annex it to Haiti. Given that the have borne the worst of Haiti's tragic history returning Haiti to run the DR is furthest from their minds. Their needs represent the most elemental of what humans want. A safe place to live and to sustain a way to eat and clothe themselves.

Whether there are 2 million Haitians can be debated but this looks like the Trump supporters who swear that the USA will face a Civil war between Sharia loving Muslims and Mexicans, both determined to take the USA away from "red blooded Amurrcans".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-28-2019, 05:27 PM
 
295 posts, read 181,869 times
Reputation: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapshoot View Post
I have both.

Dominican, graduated in the USA with BA in Economics and a Masters in political economy.

anything else?

My question to you:

Can you refute any of my points?

I suspect not.............
I thought you were ''Haitian''! Now you are saying you're Dominican? Make up your mind and chose your character well for your screename.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapshoot View Post
Upthere is correct, the CARICOM Free movement of people chapter has not been implemented. Only Skilled immigrants, Sports Persons, Musicians, Artists, Managers, Supervisors and other service providers can move with relatively freedom. The Visa free policies among Caricom Countries are not part of CARICOM but Bilateral agreements between each country. That has allowed most of the countries discriminate against HAITI.

CARICOM do not have control over tourist visas among the islands, thats up to every country to decide.

https://caricom.org/movement-of-people/


So yes Haiti is a full member of CARICOm that have been left out. Im Haitian just in case.
.

Last edited by PrizeWinner; 03-28-2019 at 05:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2019, 09:53 AM
 
7,437 posts, read 5,939,607 times
Reputation: 3799
https://www.latinorebels.com/2019/03...bdd7zIum6RkSYM

This represents some of the reasons why people who were born in the DR, with parents and grand parents who were also born in the DR were embarrassed into having to regularize their status as Dominicans.

Apparently even black Dominicans with no connections to Haiti also face pressures.

And yes the lies told to Dominicans about Haitians by the Trujillo/Balaguer regimes still lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2019, 08:38 AM
 
Location: Caribbean
7,577 posts, read 2,441,945 times
Reputation: 2743
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrizeWinner View Post
I thought you were ''Haitian''! Now you are saying you're Dominican? Make up your mind and chose your character well for your screename.
Caught!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2019, 11:29 PM
 
39 posts, read 8,850 times
Reputation: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Stop pushing facts that NO ONE in 2019 is interested in. How many people in the DR think that Haiti, a nation which cannot even feed itself and provide education and healthcare for its people, has any designs on the DR? Most Dominicans would laugh at any notion of this, if put outside of the context of this Trujillo/Balaguer nonsense. If anything the DR is more of a threat.


Why not just focus on the fact that Haiti is a failed state. The DR is also poor, even if considerably less so than Haiti, so they cannot be expected to assume the burdens that many Haitian illegal entrants might wish it to.




Having said this many Dominicans have Haitian ancestry and ought to be treated just as other Dominicans are. Conflating contemporary illegal immigration from Haiti with Dominicans whose ancestry is Haitian is what looks the DR look stupid. BOTH the DR and Haiti consist of people who have significant African ancestry, so rambling about Haitians being "anti white" is so pathetic given that 90% of Dominicans aren't either. The Haitian elites look very much the same as do most Dominicans, and in fact can easily be ,mistaken for each other!


You know why so many people, including many Latin Americans, laugh at Dominicans, is this pathetic grasping of "whiteness", even more in fact than do the "whiter" Puerto Ricans (some of whom also laugh at this).
I think snapshot is right. Vast majority of Dominicans I know or met either have a very negative or a slightly negative view of Haitians mostly cus of Historical tension and illegal immigration. I dont think Dominicans fear Haitians presence, its more disgust basically like a "eww why tf you even here, get out" view towards them. They mostly dont feel Haiti can (and i dont think it can) takeover the Dominican Republic by military force, Dominican military is far stronger, and its economy/technology better. Its more of a worry over border control and immigration control, ethnic mass migration continuing and turning whole provinces predominately Haitian (basically an extension of Haiti). May result in a war becus most Dominicans are very prideful and nationalistic, and love their Dominican identity and culture more than anything, and many Haitians would rather move to another country than fix theirs, this will continue to cause tension. Dominicans basically just want to be left alone, something Haitians cant seem to grasp.

As far Dominicans embracing "whiteness", thats a lie they just dont embrace blackness like the Haitians. They are mixed race Latinos, they embrace that.



Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Also the Haitians who migrate to the DR represent the poorest and most rural part of Haiti. They lack the power or the interest to take over the DR and annex it to Haiti. Given that the have borne the worst of Haiti's tragic history returning Haiti to run the DR is furthest from their minds. Their needs represent the most elemental of what humans want. A safe place to live and to sustain a way to eat and clothe themselves.

Whether there are 2 million Haitians can be debated but this looks like the Trump supporters who swear that the USA will face a Civil war between Sharia loving Muslims and Mexicans, both determined to take the USA away from "red blooded Amurrcans".
Haiti can send its strongest soldiers, it dont matter, Haiti cant conquer DR by force, this ain 1822 Haiti would get wiped off the map if it provoked DR and gave it a reason to be on the justified defensive. In 2019, the ethnic mass migration of hundreds of thousands of Haitian peasants is more troublesome than whole Haitian armies to Dominican nationhood and cultural identity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2019, 11:01 PM
 
7,437 posts, read 5,939,607 times
Reputation: 3799
Quote:
Originally Posted by coconada View Post
I




Haiti can send its strongest soldiers, it dont matter, Haiti cant conquer DR by force, this ain 1822 Haiti would get wiped off the map if it provoked DR and gave it a reason to be on the justified defensive. In 2019, the ethnic mass migration of hundreds of thousands of Haitian peasants is more troublesome than whole Haitian armies to Dominican nationhood and cultural identity.
Dominicans just dont like to be connected to "blackness" and increasing evidence verifies this so dont even bother to debate that fact. They identify as "mixed" because they cannot be "white". But in fact sizeable numbers are "black". A fact that Dominicans dont want to deal with.

But to each his own, but denying that this is an issue isnt pretty. In fact in the 1990s the US Embassy had to protest the treatment of some of their employees when they attempted to enter nightclubs in SD.

And only Dominican racists think that Haiti is contemplating an invasion of the DR. Dominicans really need to stop that nonsense. Only the poorest Haitians think of the DR. The rest turn their back on that side of the island. I know quite a few Haitians in NYC and the DR never comes up in conversation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2019, 03:09 PM
 
121 posts, read 22,183 times
Reputation: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Dominicans just dont like to be connected to "blackness" and increasing evidence verifies this so dont even bother to debate that fact. They identify as "mixed" because they cannot be "white". But in fact sizeable numbers are "black". A fact that Dominicans dont want to deal with.

But to each his own, but denying that this is an issue isnt pretty. In fact in the 1990s the US Embassy had to protest the treatment of some of their employees when they attempted to enter nightclubs in SD.

And only Dominican racists think that Haiti is contemplating an invasion of the DR. Dominicans really need to stop that nonsense. Only the poorest Haitians think of the DR. The rest turn their back on that side of the island. I know quite a few Haitians in NYC and the DR never comes up in conversation.
this argument is BS, they identify as mixed beacause thats what they are. What is the obsession of forcing other to identify the way black Americans want? AA as just as imperialistic as the white ones, imposing their one drop rule into everybody.

yeah one episode happened 30 years ago in a night club and you keep bringing that as "evidence" lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2019, 08:16 AM
Status: "Thinking of the future..." (set 17 hours ago)
 
5,225 posts, read 8,043,251 times
Reputation: 4270
There is no reason to get upset due to that poster. In this forum and in the African forum natives of countries she says something about is denouncing that poster for outright lying. This has been going on for a long time. It doesn’t matter what type of country it is. I would take much of what she says with a pinch of salt. I don’t think any other poster has been accused of lying in so many threads, so many years, and so many times as that poster. It is amazing when you think about it. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2019, 06:32 PM
 
Location: Caribbean
7,577 posts, read 2,441,945 times
Reputation: 2743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabandgo View Post
this argument is BS, they identify as mixed beacause thats what they are. What is the obsession of forcing other to identify the way black Americans want? AA as just as imperialistic as the white ones, imposing their one drop rule into everybody.

yeah one episode happened 30 years ago in a night club and you keep bringing that as "evidence" lol
I agree that most Dominicans are mixed and therefore identify that way. At the same time, some do have issues with blackness but thatís not something that is exclusive to Dominicans. Btw, Caribny is not AA.

Caribny is correct though that only the poorest Haitians think of the DR and that Haitians arenít trying to invade the DR. Every Haitian I know loves being Haitian and if Haiti was in a better position, they would never leave for anywhere else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-12-2019, 02:00 PM
 
24,244 posts, read 17,632,085 times
Reputation: 9170
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
I agree that most Dominicans are mixed and therefore identify that way. At the same time, some do have issues with blackness but thatís not something that is exclusive to Dominicans. Btw, Caribny is not AA.

Caribny is correct though that only the poorest Haitians think of the DR and that Haitians arenít trying to invade the DR. Every Haitian I know loves being Haitian and if Haiti was in a better position, they would never leave for anywhere else.
Wherever Black People weíre severely oppressed by colonialism you have who deny being Black.

A Louisiana Creole got upset when I asked her about being Black. She had claimed her ancestry was just French. Iíve met every Black Jamaicans who have denied ever having African slave ancestors.

But get this, these Black People are just BSing themselves. White People nowhere in the world care if someone is mixed, after they are racists against Black People they will hate all Blacks whether mixed or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top