U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2019, 02:05 PM

24,247 posts, read 17,684,435 times

Advertisements

Haitians if they can get to the US or Europe do so.

They’d be no issue had Spain been able to keep the entire island. Haitians also have mixed race people. The only difference is one nation is French speaking and one group is Spanish speaking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2019, 02:06 PM

These are English speaking forums so we don’t get to hear the voices of Dominicans actually in the DR, which would add perspective.

Old 07-12-2019, 02:55 PM

5,290 posts, read 8,068,885 times
If a people worry about what the whites think as a group, then I can see how the white group opinion becomes paramount. If a people doesn't care about those things, then people use reality to define themselves, whether that coincides with the white group or not. It's something that goes over the head of some people, yet... lol

For example, wasn't the focus on race and the one-drop-rule in the USA invented and imposed by the white American group and meant for those that are mixed? I know it wasn't a creation of the blacks and no one needs a law to not confuse the black with a white, only certain mixed people can be thought as a white in societies as the US (things are changing).

There is a reason why one of the few mulatto nations on earth is in the minds of certain people. Maybe I'm missing something, but other countries where most of the people are mixed (it's usually in the Americas) don't get as much attention (the mixture there tends to be Spanish with indians). More so when its such a small country, although the largest of the mulatto countries, and has a border with another country that is overwhelmingly black. The whole world doesn't go past 5 as the number of mulatto nations and I'm probably exaggerating in the number, and only two nations have most of their territories in one land, plus surrounded by water. All other nations where the people have ties to Africa (its quite many countries) are overwhelmingly black in percentage of the population and in the people themselves, as several DNA studies show all the time. The mulatto themselves are a small minority in these countries (most places they are in the single percentages), usually living in cities. The vast majority also see themselves either as mulattoes or a range of mixes.

Countries such as Spain focus a lot more on the culture than on the race. In fact, much of Europe is like this. Not so in the USA where a small group of a minority group is constantly fixated on the largest of the mulatto nation, but most of themselves with this fixation are overwhelmingly blacks in percentages at the individual level and also as a group. It's something that is noted but hardly said.

Last edited by AntonioR; 07-12-2019 at 03:29 PM..

Old 07-14-2019, 11:49 AM

43 posts, read 9,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
If a people worry about what the whites think as a group, then I can see how the white group opinion becomes paramount. If a people doesn't care about those things, then people use reality to define themselves, whether that coincides with the white group or not. It's something that goes over the head of some people, yet... lol

For example, wasn't the focus on race and the one-drop-rule in the USA invented and imposed by the white American group and meant for those that are mixed? I know it wasn't a creation of the blacks and no one needs a law to not confuse the black with a white, only certain mixed people can be thought as a white in societies as the US (things are changing).

There is a reason why one of the few mulatto nations on earth is in the minds of certain people. Maybe I'm missing something, but other countries where most of the people are mixed (it's usually in the Americas) don't get as much attention (the mixture there tends to be Spanish with indians). More so when its such a small country, although the largest of the mulatto countries, and has a border with another country that is overwhelmingly black. The whole world doesn't go past 5 as the number of mulatto nations and I'm probably exaggerating in the number, and only two nations have most of their territories in one land, plus surrounded by water. All other nations where the people have ties to Africa (its quite many countries) are overwhelmingly black in percentage of the population and in the people themselves, as several DNA studies show all the time. The mulatto themselves are a small minority in these countries (most places they are in the single percentages), usually living in cities. The vast majority also see themselves either as mulattoes or a range of mixes.

Countries such as Spain focus a lot more on the culture than on the race. In fact, much of Europe is like this. Not so in the USA where a small group of a minority group is constantly fixated on the largest of the mulatto nation, but most of themselves with this fixation are overwhelmingly blacks in percentages at the individual level and also as a group. It's something that is noted but hardly said.
Lmaooo yes I notice it on social media too. African-dominant Black Americans obsessed over mulatto Dominican Republic.

Old 07-16-2019, 07:36 AM

121 posts, read 23,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Wherever Black People we’re severely oppressed by colonialism you have who deny being Black.

A Louisiana Creole got upset when I asked her about being Black. She had claimed her ancestry was just French. I’ve met every Black Jamaicans who have denied ever having African slave ancestors.

But get this, these Black People are just BSing themselves. White People nowhere in the world care if someone is mixed, after they are racists against Black People they will hate all Blacks whether mixed or not.
This is a faulty logic, the identity of a person should not be based on whatever white people care or not care.
should be based on what they are...if they are mixed, they should identify as such.

This is a very racist notion, that the opinion of white people should be the determinant factor in determining ones identity. "if white people think im black....therefore i am black".

that one drop rule is the core of racism. and some people of color are the enforcers of the rule. a true shame.

Last edited by Grabandgo; 07-16-2019 at 07:45 AM..

Old 07-16-2019, 07:41 AM

121 posts, read 23,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coconada View Post
Lmaooo yes I notice it on social media too. African-dominant Black Americans obsessed over mulatto Dominican Republic.
this obsession has been going on for a while, and its very funny and interesting at the same time.

Old 07-16-2019, 08:29 AM

609 posts, read 106,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabandgo View Post
This is a faulty logic, the identity of a person should not be based on whatever white people care or not care.
should be based on what they are...if they are mixed, they should identify as such.

This is a very racist notion, that the opinion of white people should be the determinant factor in determining ones identity. "if white people think im black....therefore i am black".

that one drop rule is the core of racism. and some people of color are the enforcers of the rule. a true shame.
Yes,, this is very funny and interesting as well. A group claims everything because they can, design laws specifically for defining B group, plus the fact that A group and B group are visually and socially nothing alike. But A group remains in control, so they've got no problem with the differences, just watch and be entertained by B group because they can.

Old 07-16-2019, 01:06 PM

5,290 posts, read 8,068,885 times
If most of the people were overwhelmingly of African origin, I could see a problem. Most people look mix though. Often times many features are present in a single person or in most families they have all types of looking people, a reality that is simply not wide spread in places like the US. There are times that you will travel to the more ethnic mix up places in the US. On the morning you were in a Dominican city and for lunch time you are in the center of NYC, and something jumps at you. You notice that in places like NYC, where there are lots of ethnic differences, most people tend to look like the other people in their group. You just shake your head.

In places like NYC and your girlfriend/wife looks different from you, the stare isn't much of a problem but some people do it. When you go to the suburbs you will get the stare. You get in restaurants, in stores, or simply strolling at a mall. You learn to differentiate the curiosity stare from the 'how could you' stare. Some people will come to you and say some stupid thing on your face. Its not a question of if, but when. Sometimes you get from multiple people in one place. God forbid your family looks like a rainbow and all or most are together at a public place.

You go by yourself to certain businesses and the treatment couldn't be better. You return another day with your wife and suddenly there is a problem or the treatment is visibly not like the other day. Gee, I wonder what could it be...

Last edited by AntonioR; 07-16-2019 at 01:35 PM..

Old 07-17-2019, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabandgo View Post

Here’s the current American reality. Trump just told four Congresswomen that they need to leave the US.

Basically, if you’re not white as far as white concerned you’re nothing.

Considering that white People control the world’s most powerful militaries, economic institutions, and academic institutions.

And this is not just white Americans. I live among real Spaniards in Spain and I have seen people with a white parent and an African parent call themselves just negro or Moreno because that’s what the white majority calls them.

To tell you the truth you would have that in South America itself. Afro Colombians do not call themselves and are not called mulattos.

Recent migrants from Central America are being locked up, their children taken away and these children will be psychologically destroyed for life.

Only a complete idiot has to constantly babble about being mixed when it is quite clear no one gives a damn.

Old 07-17-2019, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
If most of the people were overwhelmingly of African origin, I could see a problem. Most people look mix though. Often times many features are present in a single person or in most families they have all types of looking people, a reality that is simply not wide spread in places like the US. There are times that you will travel to the more ethnic mix up places in the US. On the morning you were in a Dominican city and for lunch time you are in the center of NYC, and something jumps at you. You notice that in places like NYC, where there are lots of ethnic differences, most people tend to look like the other people in their group. You just shake your head.

In places like NYC and your girlfriend/wife looks different from you, the stare isn't much of a problem but some people do it. When you go to the suburbs you will get the stare. You get in restaurants, in stores, or simply strolling at a mall. You learn to differentiate the curiosity stare from the 'how could you' stare. Some people will come to you and say some stupid thing on your face. Its not a question of if, but when. Sometimes you get from multiple people in one place. God forbid your family looks like a rainbow and all or most are together at a public place.

You go by yourself to certain businesses and the treatment couldn't be better. You return another day with your wife and suddenly there is a problem or the treatment is visibly not like the other day. Gee, I wonder what could it be...
And Trump will kick them out of the country because he only wants real white People. Enjoy those ICE raids that white undocumented immigrants clearly will not have to worry about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas