U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 06:00 AM

24,247 posts, read 17,684,435 times

Advertisements

Under certain contexts, one can use certain European ancestries to gain EU citizenship. I did that myself.

Nothing wrong with that.

But beyond that, no one gives a crap and you look plain stupid if you always desperately have to try say youíre mixed.

Take my situation. While I gained Spanish through distant Sephardic ancestry, I fail to see the benefit of telling every random person Iím mixed. So when Spaniards other Europeans refer to me as Black, I embrace it, itís what I am.

Those that are not racist donít care and racist people hate the idea of mixing.

The only people that would fall apart at the idea of being called Native or Black are idiots ashamed that they arenít white.

Re: when Trump refereed to garbage countries, he hates Latin America every much as the Caribbean. The Dominican Republic is every bit as backwards and as poor as Haiti, and is dependent on what crumbs American tourists through there way. Not too mention the DR is a prostitute capital. Men and women make their money getting down on their knees for services.

Prostitution is the best they can do, and you idiots think that people give a damn that anyone gives a damn what these delusional people call themselves?

Now of course Dominicans would be upset about Haitians coming in. They cannot fees themselves, how they can they feed Haitians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2019, 07:34 AM

121 posts, read 23,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Under certain contexts, one can use certain European ancestries to gain EU citizenship. I did that myself.

Nothing wrong with that.

But beyond that, no one gives a crap and you look plain stupid if you always desperately have to try say you’re mixed.

Take my situation. While I gained Spanish through distant Sephardic ancestry, I fail to see the benefit of telling every random person I’m mixed. So when Spaniards other Europeans refer to me as Black, I embrace it, it’s what I am.

Those that are not racist don’t care and racist people hate the idea of mixing.

The only people that would fall apart at the idea of being called Native or Black are idiots ashamed that they aren’t white.

Re: when Trump refereed to garbage countries, he hates Latin America every much as the Caribbean. The Dominican Republic is every bit as backwards and as poor as Haiti, and is dependent on what crumbs American tourists through there way. Not too mention the DR is a prostitute capital. Men and women make their money getting down on their knees for services.

Prostitution is the best they can do, and you idiots think that people give a damn that anyone gives a damn what these delusional people call themselves?

Now of course Dominicans would be upset about Haitians coming in. They cannot fees themselves, how they can they feed Haitians.

Whatever white people think is irrelevant, you give too much importance to them, you are subjugated to their will, free your self of that mentality. Dominicans have no issue saying their are mixed, neither dozens of millions of people in latam, Brazil ect. you have a mindset that centers the american experience in the center of world, and that wrong my friend, there is a lot more land than that,. Americans and their weird racial insecurities are irrelevant, they do try to impose their narrow views on others with little success. hence their obsession with Dominicans in general.

Most people dont care what trump called those congress women, or called countries ****holes that is irrelevant on the day to day life south of rio grande.
NO ONE CARES. open a news paper of any country and those news will be buried deep, as a curiosity, nothing of importance.

Whole countries were founded with the notion that their are mixed at the core of their national identity basically every country in latam was created under that notion, mestizo, and mulattos are the center of their national identity, saying that a person sounds funny by calling them self mixed is maybe the most ignorant comment ever made here. there are way more mixed people int he Americas than any other, they are THE MAJORITY.

Just in Brazil 46% percent identify as pardo thats about 100 million people
in mexico 80% of the people identify as mestizo thats another 100 million people
thats more mixed people that all the white people in the US.

The trend continues in Panama 70% DR 80% ect.

Last edited by Grabandgo; 07-17-2019 at 08:06 AM..

Old 07-17-2019, 09:10 AM

121 posts, read 23,674 times
Quote:

Nothing wrong with that.

But beyond that, no one gives a crap and you look plain stupid if you always desperately have to try say you’re mixed.

Take my situation. While I gained Spanish through distant Sephardic ancestry, I fail to see the benefit of telling every random person I’m mixed. So when Spaniards other Europeans refer to me as Black, I embrace it, it’s what I am.

The only people that would fall apart at the idea of being called Native or Black are idiots ashamed that they aren’t white.

You are as ignorant about the economy of that country as you are ignorant about the world around you.
tourism is only 11.6% of DR GDP and american tourism is only 29% of that or about 3.6% of DR GDP.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touris...nican_Republic

Not very relevant, even with all the bad press and a drop of 80% of bookings DR economy was unaffected. and is expected to grow 5% this year. you give Americans too much importance. even if every single american tourist stop going to DR the country will go unscratched. and the recent bad press revealed that.

The US is not the super power it used to be and their dollars are not as mighty.

Prostitution is legal in Dr and in most of latam and Europe. but guess who are the main johns in Dr lately? African american men. their obsession with lighter skin women, self-hate, the fact that most of them find African looking women less attractive than mixed ones. Now they travel to pay for sex. Hypocrisy at its finest. and Hypocrisy has brought them to this point in history. lost of bla bla bla about slavery and exploitation and racism but have become the #1 supporters of the sex industry in the Caribbean. they go there for one single reason, sex with light skin black women. obsessed and self hating.

in Spanish slavery is called "trata negrera"
and sex traffic is called "trata de blancas"

no much difference, irony of the story, AA men are now the most debased group of men around, self hating, racially obsessed and jhons, sponsors of sex traffickers

this is the core of the issue the hippocricy of denying racial mixing while being obsessed with it.

PS* DR is the largest economy of the Caribbean and Central America
Haiti is the poorest country in the western hemisphere

certainly not to be compared. ( you ignorance has reached it limits)

Last edited by Grabandgo; 07-17-2019 at 09:55 AM..

Old 07-17-2019, 09:57 AM

1,253 posts, read 619,111 times
Quote:
The Dominican Republic is every bit as backwards and as poor as Haiti, and is dependent on what crumbs American tourists through there way. Not too mention the DR is a prostitute capital. Men and women make their money getting down on their knees for services.

This could not be further from the truth.
While Haitian land lies in waste created by the French, the DR garden of Eden ranks high in number of agricultural exports.
Exports steadily increasing in price, such as cocoa and coffee.
These crops are grown in an environmentally sustainable manner.
In fact, the DR is more sustainable than the U.S.; in that 40% of the population feeds the other 60%.
However, Dominicans are lazy; wishing only to work 2 or 3 days per week.
I know this having attended high school there, then working alongside them.

Haitians work much harder, and are hired by many Dominicans for this reason.
It's a love/hate relationship created by necessity.

Old 07-17-2019, 11:28 AM

5,290 posts, read 8,068,885 times
In some people the Puerto Rican case is based on race, but most people that I have met appear to do it out of tradition more than anything else.

I remember a time when I went to a home that the couple was Puerto Rican. I went with a friend that was Korean. At one point the guy said that he liked the way Dominican women looked and the entire demeanor of the couple changed in a split second. Both said stuff but the lady of the house said something that I think was behind it all. Her exact words were: “Con todos los negros que se ven allŠ, ay no...” and you should had seen the face that she put on during and afterwards. The translation is more or less: “With all the blacks that you see roaming there, oh no...” At that point I told my friend that we had to go and we left. Afterwards he was asking me a lot of questions about that incident which I had to give an answer to.

There was also another incident where a guy, he was in his early 20s, had a Puerto Rican girlfriend. When she told her parents that her boyfriend was Dominican, the parents were very against the relationship. However, once the guy went to meet the parents and they saw that he wasn’t black, the parent’s change their attitude from that moment on. His mother was complaining about that in a conversation we were having and saying how different things are in Santo Domingo. She was very distraught by that experience that happen to her son. She repeated several times and by that point in a broken voice that things are not like that in Santo Domingo.

There was another occasion where the lady of the house once said “es en este paŪs donde la gente se fija mucho en el color de la piel, en Santo Domingo no es asŪ”. It translates to “It’s in this country that people focus so much in skin color, because it isn’t like this in Santo Domingo”. She was speaking of her experience married to a dark skin Dominican whose mixture was in plain view to anyone looking at him. She look as white as anyone. Their kids look like everything that if someone was to see them in the streets the last thing they would think is that they were all brothers and sisters from the same parents.

Even parents that went to a PTO meeting and many people assume that one of the parent isn’t the kid’s real parent. People assuming that you must be the nanny of the baby in the carriage. Completely ignoring one person and giving the attention to another before it becomes apparent they are together. It’s as if the other person is not there, completely invincible. I guess a simple sorry is suppose to fix everything.

I have countless of examples of this and I’m only one person. lol

Last edited by AntonioR; 07-17-2019 at 11:57 AM..

Old 07-17-2019, 04:47 PM

You see many more white tourists and retirees in the Dominican Republic than AAs Dominican Repuic can say its number one in prostitution.

If AA men want light skinned people, the Dominican Republic is one of the Blackest places in Latin America. You donít go there for light skin.

Oh, the Dominicans in NYC are the number one cocaine dealers and the number one weed dealers. Thatís all Dominican neighborhoods are good for. At least they produce a few good baseball players because they cannot produce worthwhile business people or politicians.

Rather ramble nonsensical on being mixed, you might talk about how to fix the DRís vast socioeconomic problems. Thereís millions of Dominicans in the US. Why? Itís a poverty ridden, full of crime, poorly educated dump. So of course people flee that hell hike.

You might talk about why so many people flee and why so many Dominicans in NYC end up on welfare programs or in the projects. Why few Dominicans can afford good neighborhoods.

Why thereís so much violence in the DR and in Dominican neighborhoods.

Old 07-17-2019, 04:49 PM

You also might talk about how ICE deporting Dominican thugs may make the crime rate in the DR go up, as all that NYC ghetto is sent back.

You might talk about all the crack and meth heads in Dominican neighborhoods.

Old 07-17-2019, 04:54 PM

This thread was really about Haitians, but the same morons have to keep injecting their delusional issues into something that had nothing to do with them.

Itís out of self hate. Well all know certain posters fled absolutely cesspools to come to the US. Just to travel to these countries you need lots of vaccines. Walk around the streets of Santo Domingo youíll see sick straw dogs and starved horses with sores.

Says a lot about the crappy state of the society.

If you are an old retired American, it is very cheap to get services in the DR. Put 20 dollars on a fishing rod and youíll catch quite a bit.

Remember to stock up on antibiotics and antivirals.
M

Old 07-17-2019, 09:11 PM

19 posts, read 6,015 times
Quote:

Nothing wrong with that.

You're by far the dumbest poster I have seen in this forum, could you make it any more clearer that you have an inferiority complex due to your own blackness? lol We give your Haitian people jobs so they don't starve to death in Haiti. Haitians eat cookies made of dirt and fecal matter. Haiti is poorer than most countries in Sub-Saharan Africa and can't survive at all without the help of NGO groups and foreign AID. DR has the most robust agriculture industry in the Caribbean region, while Haiti has no real industries, and produces almost nothing besides poverty stricken and disease-ridden people who infest other countries in the region, the biggest Haitian exports are things like hiv/aids, malaria, dengue fever, cholera, etc. And most whores in here are also black Haitians in places like sosua and boca chica, since they sell their own children into slavery, look up RESTAVEKS in Haiti and learn something, you imbecile. Haiti would collapse entirely without foreign aid since half of Haiti's GDP is based on the foreign donations of food and medicine. Haiti is the poorest country in the western Hemisphere. Do you not understand basic economics, or even basic math. Do you not comprehend how much richer DR is than Haiti, there a gigantic difference between a GDP of over 186 billion and a GDP of 19 billion. DR might as well be a first-world country in the eyes of an AVERAGE Haitian, 80% of Haitians live in poverty, and about half live in extreme levels of poverty comparable to the worst nations in Africa. While in DR we have strong growing middle-class in the major cities and towns, we have high rise buildings and skyscrapers, high-speed metro trains, highways connecting every region. DR is an upper-middle income country with gold mining operations, manufacturing centers, a robust agricultural sector, and the strongest tourism industry in the region. DR is the richest country in the entire Caribbean, while Haiti is poorer than countries like Zimbabwe, Rwanda, Zambia, Uganda. This is why these Haitians come here by the thousands every day.

Santo Domingo city alone has a larger GDP than the entire country of Haiti. Hell, even Santiago de los Caballeros has a larger GDP than Haiti. DR's economic activity is over 10x times larger than that of Haiti and DR is still growing at a faster rate also. It would take Haiti about a century of positive economic growth to even reach the level that we are currently at. That's why your Haitian people come here even though they say we treat them as garbage. They rather live here as our "slaves" than go back to their sewer pit nation. Haitians here work mostly in menial agricultural labour in the sugar plantations, or cleaning toilets and serving pina colatas in Punta Cana, or doing basic domestic work. Haitians work the low-skilled tasks and are expendable, they compete with the lower working class in DR, which is the reason why this segment of our population migrates to other places in the first place. They want higher wages in other countries. Again, that is just basic economics for your mentally deficient kind. Haitians are expendable and can be replaced by a more modernized industry. Nevertheless the majority of Haitian are still employed BY Dominicans, people of every social-strata in this country use cheap Haitian labour, upper-class, middle-class, and working-class people. Haitians would work for a moldy piece of bread, since it's better than eating dirtcakes, they are the eternal under-class of this nation.

Now do you still think all this development comes from tourism in some coastal periphery areas? Tell me how stupid can you be? The most prosperous areas of DR are many miles away from any beach resorts. Tourism is only concentrated in the Eastern region of this country and in some small coastal towns in the north, most Dominicans are not not employed in the tourism sector. I don't know of a single person that works in a tourist hotel or resort. Most people employed in these resort areas are Haitians since like I said they work for slave wages, the Punta Cana area is over 81.1% Haitian workers for example. The majority of the Dominican population is concentrated in the Central Cibao region and Southern Valdesia region; those are by far the most developed areas of the country, and they have zero reliance on the tourism industry, as we don't have beach resorts here, we have mountains and valleys instead. Go look at Santiago de los Caballeros, Moca, La Vega, San Francisco, etc. and compare it to Port Au Prince in Haiti. Any major city and town in the Dominican Republic's central Cibao region is superior to Haiti's largest city when it comes to architecture, infrastructure, education, public services, and any other metric. We have superior human capital and that is clearly reflected in the built environment and the institutions of our major urban centers. Haiti's richest neighborhood, Petionville, looks like a filthy dungheap compared to the towns and neighborhoods of the Cibao region. Societies at every level are a reflection of the type which inhabit them, be it nations, cities, towns, neighborhoods. Low quality people create low quality environments, while high quality people create high quality environments.

Old 07-18-2019, 07:57 AM

1 posts, read 94 times
Quote:
You also might talk about how ICE deporting Dominican thugs may make the crime rate in the DR go up, as all that NYC ghetto is sent back.

You might talk about all the crack and meth heads in Dominican neighborhoods.
You are a very sick person.

all you said is wrong and not factual, lies...
you do have an inferiority complex, and self hate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas