U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-31-2019, 08:07 PM
 
132 posts, read 25,176 times
Reputation: 66

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADOSwarrior View Post
And the crazy thing and IRONY of all of this is that as someone who is part Haitian I am FINE with Dominicans deporting all the illegal Haitians flooding that side of the island. Heck build a wall if you have to. But the trolling and spreading lies about Haitians online won't be tolerated by certain Haitians.
What lies have been spread about haiti? i dont see them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-31-2019, 08:12 PM
 
31 posts, read 1,567 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabandgo View Post
What lies have been spread about haiti? i dont see them.

Really? Like we have some silly agenda to invade and TAKEOVER the DR. For example. When in reality its the Dominican elites are the ones importing those illegals for cheap labor. The two govts work hand and hand. One Dominican even admitted this to me. Second, that we are spreading diseases everywhere which is an old Ronald Reagan era myth. Or that we want to kill all Latinos/Whites which has been stated thoroughly throughout this thread. Seriously? I can go on...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2019, 08:30 PM
 
132 posts, read 25,176 times
Reputation: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADOSwarrior View Post
Not from what I'm hearing. But whatever.


I see you guy's keep spamming this how DR has the highest growth in LA. Learn about economics. Thats like saying Ethiopia has the highest economic growth in East Africa compared to Kenya and Tanzania. The two just have more room for growth. And like I said GDP is not a real measure of wealth. I searched and Argentina's GDP per capita is still well ahead of DR's. So what are you talking about? Haiti would have the fastest growing economy in Latin America if we were allowed to develop. Same with Cuba.


You guy's are still top 10 in the Caribbean while Haiti is not while you guys **** on Haiti whatever chances you get.



When did I say I want Haiti to go the way of Venezuela? Show me. No I said Haiti should continue friendly relations with Venezuela. I mean why not? Who's been giving Haiti money for DEVELOPMENT(not foreign aid) not DR. DR USA.
Haiti Using Funds from PetroCaribe to Finance Reconstruction
Haiti Using Funds from PetroCaribe to Finance Reconstruction | Haiti: Relief and Reconstruction Watch | CEPR

And while Haiti has been going through a lot of **** the economy has been growing at a slow pace. Lastly no, we don't want to emulate "Dominican's success" because unlike Dominicans, Haitians don't want to a pawn of the West. And why do you guy's keep HYPING up the DR as super successful? While its not Haiti poor there a large gap in equality. Its not even the richest in the Caribbean. Many Dominicans are migrating to other islands like Haitians. Don't even get me started on Dominicans in Puerto Rico or Turk and Caicos. Screw DR why not emulate Bahamas success? or Barbados? Or Trinidad's(Haiti has minerals like gold not oil but gold)? Those countries are high on success but I'd start small by emulating success from African countries like Tanzania, Ghana, Ivory Coast(where a lot of Haitians descend from), or Senegal(another area where Haitians descend from).

Just admit it you guys don't know **** about Haiti which is why the only thing you guys can do is make up lies, call talk **** and place the blame on the average Haitian people who DON'T EVEN control the country.


Oh and PS: Why don't Dominican-American emulate Haitian-Americans in the USA? They fall behind ADOS people who are a larger population. I mean it is the land of opportunities am I right?
Dude DR has the largest gold mine in the western hemisphere (and the second largest in the world), and thats nothing to move a 10 million people economy, if you think exploiting haiti's gold would resolve the issues you are mistaking.
extracting gold is an expensive endevour and profit margins are not that great. I would not put so much hope in that gold.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pueblo_Viejo_mine


And what has grown in DR is not GDP But GDP_PPP the purchasing power of Dominicans reached 18,000$ us dollars in 2018. thats real growth.

you keep putting the blame of Haiti situation outside Haiti, as always not accepting that the solution to Haiti problem lay only in Haiti. This is a behavior that have been goin on for too long. stop blaming the white man, the US or france. You know where the real issue is. inside Haiti, its elite that you guys keep voting in. only to have them sell your country out, that elite that invest everywhere but not in Haiti, that elite that do not creates jobs, that does not believe in the Haitian people, that has apartments in Miami and santo domingo to conduct their business in Haiti from a safe distance. You know thats the truth. and its not only the Sirian elite as you call them, is the whole political class.

PS- and no, DR is in the top lowest -in the whole continent. actually DR crime rate is the same as the US state of South carolina.

https://www.insightcrime.org/news/an...icide-roundup/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2019, 10:09 PM
 
31 posts, read 1,567 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabandgo View Post
Dude DR has the largest gold mine in the western hemisphere (and the second largest in the world), and thats nothing to move a 10 million people economy, if you think exploiting haiti's gold would resolve the issues you are mistaking.
extracting gold is an expensive endevour and profit margins are not that great. I would not put so much hope in that gold.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pueblo_Viejo_mine
Uh... Never said Haiti has to rely on its gold. But my point was DIVERSIFYING the economy instead of relying on tourism. Haiti also has a precious mineral called Iridium which has yet to be mined according to officials. And why not mine gold? Ghana has a larger population than BOTH Haiti and DR and yet its second biggest exportation is gold.
Quote:
Gold is a major export commodity for Ghana, with this precious metal bringing in nearly 48 percent of the country’s revenue. After South Africa, Ghana is the largest gold producer in Africa and in the first quarter of 2012, the country earned around $1.5 billion through export of gold. According to the Bank of Ghana, the country will continue seeing an increase in revenue with gold exports. It is expected that in 2012, Ghana will earn more than $4 billion with gold exports.
Gold in Ghana

And Ghana has been developing at a fast rate. Now saying this will instantly happen with Haiti but... Whats wrong with mining and diversifying? And since you like using GDP_PPP a lot, Ghana has a higher GDP PPP than DR as of 2018.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...es_by_GDP_(PPP)

Moving on... Haiti can also diversify into agriculture importation. Mind you like I already stated, contrary to popular belief Haiti actually has more arable land than DR and Cuba and use to be a big exporter of food in the Caribbean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabandgo View Post
And what has grown in DR is not GDP But GDP_PPP the purchasing power of Dominicans reached 18,000$ us dollars in 2018. thats real growth.
Read my post again. Like I said GDP PPP is not a real measure of quality of life in a country. lol Ghana and Angola who are far behind DR on human development index have a larger purchasing power than DR. That's like hyping up the trillion dollar purchasing power of African-Americans. Okay? GDP PPP doesn't say much for a country because if the income of a country is uneven then the metric is skewed. This is like China where the majority are poor but the rich(in raw numbers are a lot compared) are able to spend a lot(since China is tryna turn into a consumer economy) and so a country like China would appear rich in terms of GDP PPP. But you know what country China is above when it comes to GDP PPP...???? USA.... Yet I bet most would argue USA has a better quality of life and less of an income gap compared to China. So yea GDP PPP is not impressive "dude." Show us GDP per capita or DR closing its income gap between rich and poor. Because I have friends who been to DR(Santo Domigo, Puerto Plata, Santiago, Punta Cana, etc) and they said the gap between rich and poor was blatant and alot of foreigners like Germans owned businesses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabandgo View Post


you keep putting the blame of Haiti situation outside Haiti, as always not accepting that the solution to Haiti problem lay only in Haiti. This is a behavior that have been goin on for too long. stop blaming the white man, the US or france. You know where the real issue is. inside Haiti, its elite that you guys keep voting in. only to have them sell your country out, that elite that invest everywhere but not in Haiti, that elite that do not creates jobs, that does not believe in the Haitian people, that has apartments in Miami and santo domingo to conduct their business in Haiti from a safe distance. You know thats the truth. and its not only the Sirian elite as you call them, is the whole political class.
lol. This is why discussing Haitian politics/geopolitics is useless with outsider. Just keep believing we're low IQ monkeys who don't know what we're talking about.

The very fact that you BELIEVE they voted in Jovenel Moïse or that f*gg*t Sweet Micky tells me all I need to know.
Haitians Are Rising Up Against the Stolen Elections
https://www.thenation.com/article/ha...len-elections/

The average Haitians never elected who they wanted since Aristide. Lastly who the hell do you think the Haitian elites are working with? WHO do you think created the PHTK party? Like I said its useless discussing this with you outsiders. And yea they BETTER be conducting their(illegal) businesses at a safe distance. And yea the Haitian business class are the Syrian/Lebanese who were brought in by Papa Doc.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabandgo View Post

PS- and no, DR is in the top lowest -in the whole continent. actually DR crime rate is the same as the US state of South carolina.

https://www.insightcrime.org/news/an...icide-roundup/
I was talking about the Caribbean.
https://curacaochronicle.com/tourism...ost-dangerous/

DR makes the list in BOTH our links but Haiti doesn't. So what the HELL do you mean DR has the lowest crime rate in the whole continent? LMAO. Your OWN link DEFLATES that claim. How about you look at the graph again. If anything Canada has the lowest crime rate in North America as a whole. Chile in Latin America. And Barbados in the Caribbean. So I'm confused by what you mean by hat statement exactly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2019, 10:16 PM
Status: "Thinking of the future..." (set 15 days ago)
 
5,357 posts, read 8,089,554 times
Reputation: 4296
There is an untapped gold deposit that was found in the Central Mountain Range near San Juan and from there it shoots westward into Haiti. It was discovered about 2 or 3 years ago by a company concession to search for gold by the Dominican government. While I agree that by itself will not take Haiti out of its economic position, there is plenty of gold in Haiti’s Northern Mountain Range (in Haiti this range goes along the northern part, but in the DR it goes into the center). The Dominican untapped gold area near San Juan has some company with the rights to it, the Dominican government will take a big bite of those proceeds. The untapped gold reserves that go into Haitian territory, the last time I checked, had no company rights because there was political instability.

Right now most of the gold exploited in the DR comes from an open air mine near Cotui and a nickel ore mine near Bonao. Both mines are visible in Google Earth.

Somewhere in the Samaná Peninsula they exploit marble from a mine, but that’s done for the national market.

Near Pedernales, near the border with Haiti, the Alcoa company exploited aluminium. I don’t know if they still do that, but their operations in the red ground there is also visible. That is or was done mostly for export.

Near Montecristi they also have huge salt mines, though I think that is mostly dine by drying the sea in large salt marshes. That too is mostly done for the national market.

Oil has been found in several places of the DR (the latest was near Higüey), but its not large enough for commercially exploit them. Major oil companies, such as Exxon/Esso, have become very interested in the DR as of late. The island does sit on what experts consider a major oil reserve because many places have all the conditions that is found in places where oil was discovered. I personally have a feeling that this huge reserve is probably in the Gulf of Gonaive in Haiti. From my understanding, the Haitian government has yet to allow any company from searching for oil on Haitian territory. If it turns out that Haiti is sitting on massive oil, watch many countries that today turn their backs on Haiti change their tune. I really hope France isn’t allowed into this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2019, 10:26 PM
 
31 posts, read 1,567 times
Reputation: 15
^^^Many people have assumed there to be oil in Haiti's water and some assume the deposit is larger than Venezuela's. I didn't mention oil because I want to see clear evidence of that instead of fantasying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqIWqLylZj8

Like I said heard this many times but don't know how true exactly.

Anyway's I'll use this comment to apologize to the CERTAIN Dominicans on here for my comments. That Banilejo posters and some others were saying disgusting crap that went unnoticed when I was lurking. And then silly ass threads such as this one.
Best idea for Haiti


But anyways, if you Dominicans want Haitians OUT of your country(like I said I dont mind the deportation of illegal immigrants and a mass flood of immigrants HURTS a small country like DR) then side with the protesters against Moise, the PHTK party and their cronies. Tell your govt NOT to allow Moise and his cronies refugee in DR. Once their removed maybe we can get another Préval.

Last edited by ADOSwarrior; 07-31-2019 at 10:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2019, 10:34 PM
 
24,290 posts, read 17,717,779 times
Reputation: 9183
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
There is an untapped gold deposit that was found in the Central Mountain Range near San Juan and from there it shoots westward into Haiti. It was discovered about 2 or 3 years ago by a company concession to search for gold by the Dominican government. While I agree that by itself will not take Haiti out of its economic position, there is plenty of gold in Haiti’s Northern Mountain Range (in Haiti this range goes along the northern part, but in the DR it goes into the center). The Dominican untapped gold area near San Juan has some company with the rights to it, the Dominican government will take a big bite of those proceeds. The untapped gold reserves that go into Haitian territory, the last time I checked, had no company rights because there was political instability.

Right now most of the gold exploited in the DR comes from an open air mine near Cotui and a nickel ore mine near Bonao. Both mines are visible in Google Earth.

Somewhere in the Samaná Peninsula they exploit marble from a mine, but that’s done for the national market.

Near Pedernales, near the border with Haiti, the Alcoa company exploited aluminium. I don’t know if they still do that, but their operations in the red ground there is also visible. That is or was done mostly for export.

Near Montecristi they also have huge salt mines, though I think that is mostly dine by drying the sea in large salt marshes. That too is mostly done for the national market.

Oil has been found in several places of the DR (the latest was near Higüey), but its not large enough for commercially exploit them. Major oil companies, such as Exxon/Esso, have become very interested in the DR as of late. The island does sit on what experts consider a major oil reserve because many places have all the conditions that is found in places where oil was discovered. I personally have a feeling that this huge reserve is probably in the Gulf of Gonaive in Haiti. From my understanding, the Haitian government has yet to allow any company from searching for oil on Haitian territory. If it turns out that Haiti is sitting on massive oil, watch many countries that today turn their backs on Haiti change their tune. I really hope France isn’t allowed into this.
Orange, a French telecommunications company, provides the wireless services in both Haiti and the DR.

So of course if there are any significant oil discoveries anywhere on the island French companies will be there. Spanish companies too. Spanish banks and other companies are big in the DR.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:05 AM
 
132 posts, read 25,176 times
Reputation: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADOSwarrior View Post
Uh... Never said Haiti has to rely on its gold. But my point was DIVERSIFYING the economy instead of relying on tourism. Haiti also has a precious mineral called Iridium which has yet to be mined according to officials. And why not mine gold? Ghana has a larger population than BOTH Haiti and DR and yet its second biggest exportation is gold.

Gold in Ghana

And Ghana has been developing at a fast rate. Now saying this will instantly happen with Haiti but... Whats wrong with mining and diversifying? And since you like using GDP_PPP a lot, Ghana has a higher GDP PPP than DR as of 2018.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...es_by_GDP_(PPP)

Moving on... Haiti can also diversify into agriculture importation. Mind you like I already stated, contrary to popular belief Haiti actually has more arable land than DR and Cuba and use to be a big exporter of food in the Caribbean.


Read my post again. Like I said GDP PPP is not a real measure of quality of life in a country. lol Ghana and Angola who are far behind DR on human development index have a larger purchasing power than DR. That's like hyping up the trillion dollar purchasing power of African-Americans. Okay? GDP PPP doesn't say much for a country because if the income of a country is uneven then the metric is skewed. This is like China where the majority are poor but the rich(in raw numbers are a lot compared) are able to spend a lot(since China is tryna turn into a consumer economy) and so a country like China would appear rich in terms of GDP PPP. But you know what country China is above when it comes to GDP PPP...???? USA.... Yet I bet most would argue USA has a better quality of life and less of an income gap compared to China. So yea GDP PPP is not impressive "dude." Show us GDP per capita or DR closing its income gap between rich and poor. Because I have friends who been to DR(Santo Domigo, Puerto Plata, Santiago, Punta Cana, etc) and they said the gap between rich and poor was blatant and alot of foreigners like Germans owned businesses.

lol. This is why discussing Haitian politics/geopolitics is useless with outsider. Just keep believing we're low IQ monkeys who don't know what we're talking about.

The very fact that you BELIEVE they voted in Jovenel Moïse or that f*gg*t Sweet Micky tells me all I need to know.
Haitians Are Rising Up Against the Stolen Elections
https://www.thenation.com/article/ha...len-elections/

The average Haitians never elected who they wanted since Aristide. Lastly who the hell do you think the Haitian elites are working with? WHO do you think created the PHTK party? Like I said its useless discussing this with you outsiders. And yea they BETTER be conducting their(illegal) businesses at a safe distance. And yea the Haitian business class are the Syrian/Lebanese who were brought in by Papa Doc.






I was talking about the Caribbean.
https://curacaochronicle.com/tourism...ost-dangerous/

DR makes the list in BOTH our links but Haiti doesn't. So what the HELL do you mean DR has the lowest crime rate in the whole continent? LMAO. Your OWN link DEFLATES that claim. How about you look at the graph again. If anything Canada has the lowest crime rate in North America as a whole. Chile in Latin America. And Barbados in the Caribbean. So I'm confused by what you mean by hat statement exactly.
there are no statistics of haity beacuse no one collects that, thats the state of haiti, no even basic statistics are collected- sad

Last edited by Grabandgo; Yesterday at 05:15 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:07 AM
 
132 posts, read 25,176 times
Reputation: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Orange, a French telecommunications company, provides the wireless services in both Haiti and the DR.

So of course if there are any significant oil discoveries anywhere on the island French companies will be there. Spanish companies too. Spanish banks and other companies are big in the DR.
tell me the name of a Spanish bank in DR, i am not aware of any. all big banks in DR are local
the only big foreign bank are Scotia bank and banesco.


Second, Fance telecom (organge) sold the company in DR to altice. No more orange in DR. its been like that for at least 6 years now.

Last edited by Grabandgo; Yesterday at 05:21 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 07:41 AM
 
24,290 posts, read 17,717,779 times
Reputation: 9183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabandgo View Post
tell me the name of a Spanish bank in DR, i am not aware of any. all big banks in DR are local
the only big foreign bank are Scotia bank and banesco.


Second, Fance telecom (organge) sold the company in DR to altice. No more orange in DR. its been like that for at least 6 years now.
Private Banking Directory: Santander Central Hispano < Santo Domingo Banks (Rep. Offices)

Santander has business bsnking in tbe DR.

Altice was still using the Orange brand of 2016 in Santo Domingo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top