U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2019, 09:43 AM

24,310 posts, read 17,746,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabandgo View Post
you seem to be confusing the "citizenship by investment program" of Dominica (the island). with the DR.
DR does not have such program, you can get a green card by invesment but you cannot buy DR citizenship.

almost every country has some form of program to atract investors but only a few sell citizenship, and DR is not one of those.
I said legal status and you confirm what I said. A green card is legal status so the DR does indeed sell legal status.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2019, 05:01 PM

133 posts, read 25,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
I said legal status and you confirm what I said. A green card is legal status so the DR does indeed sell legal status.
every single country in the world, maybe with the exiption of a very few, gives legal status to investors.
why do you act like thats somithing rare or unique?

you dont even have to be rich, you can get a retree visa to europe if you can show you will get an steady income during retirement, and its not even a lot of money, around 30k a year. you dont have to be old, you can be 30.

every country in europe does that, every island in the caribbean, latam, and maybe even africa
the USA does it, canada too and mexico

and its not that they sell legal status, you have to invest a chunk of money to get it.
you also have to generate some jobs.

Old 08-02-2019, 11:57 PM

58 posts, read 4,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
The DR has a bright future if its able to put a handle on this problem. If it doesn't, then...
Buena suerte chicos

Quote:

The sad thing is that everyone, including those ranking in high government positions, know what needs to be done, but the attacks on the DR is going to be even more than they currently are. Imagine the DR government building an affective wall and fence on the border, the PR department of the government will have its hands tied. Yet, the Haitian government built a small wall on the border in the Jimani area to better control its tax collection and almost no one know about that in the international community. The same small wall is built by the Dominican government and it will be internationally criticized before the second row is placed.
I have no problem with a wall being built. Do what you gotta do. *shrugs*

Quote:

Yes, many live in the same neighborhoods. This is especially true in Santo Domingo.
Interesting.

Quote:

I know what you mean, but those types of big companies don't employ most of the people.
Yes, but my point is they are importing illegal immigrants which they shouldn't be doing.

Old 08-03-2019, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconada View Post
If a Civil War is whats needed for Haiti to take out its corrupt government and start building itself, than so be it, as long as it gets the job done and stays confided to the Haitian side of the island. Just like if DR had civil war, it would be inconsiderate for it to spill over to the other side knowing the Haitians had nothing to do with it.
I'm just surprised to hear a Dominican saying this when most want Haiti to be as calm as possible. But anyways agreed. Haiti needs a Cuban style revolution and badly. Get rid of the corrupt PHKT party, corrupt senators, NGOs, UN, Clinton foundation, the CORE group, etc. But the question is.... Who is going to fund the opposition in a Haitian civil war? Anyways, I know you're going to disagree greatly but Haiti needs a charismatic authoritarian leader like Fidel Castro, Hugo Chavez, Lee Kuan Yew(of Singapore), Thomas Sankara(of Burkina Faso) who is aggressively against corruption and relentlessly about developing the country. Haitians don't mind authoritarians as long as their is development.If they opposition does when in the end they're going to have to have a STRONG leader who can get rid of all the people I listed. Either way this would be good for Hispaniola and both groups would be happy.

Quote:
As for crime, theres many crimes in Dominican media showing, just do a quick Google serach "Haitiano matando (killing) a un Dominicano", or vice versa Dominicano matando haitiano.
Noted. But my thing is why do some PREJUDICE Dominican Nationalist online act like its only Haitians committing the crime?

Quote:

As for Haitian assilimilation. 99.9% of the Haitians that their family been here for generations (20 years or more) are assilimated, speak spanish with a Dominican, act culturally Dominican, some of them dont even claim Haiti and only claim Dominican, they only really Haitian by ancestry, most dont even speak creole. The newcomers that came after 2000, are usually billingual or only speak creole, the ones that speak spanish speak it with a french/haitian accent, some of them try to blend em and some of them try to stand out and remain Haitian.
Yea I notice that while I was there.

Old 08-03-2019, 08:28 AM

75 posts, read 13,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADOSwarrior View Post
I'm just surprised to hear a Dominican saying this when most want Haiti to be as calm as possible. But anyways agreed. Haiti needs a Cuban style revolution and badly. Get rid of the corrupt PHKT party, corrupt senators, NGOs, UN, Clinton foundation, the CORE group, etc. But the question is.... Who is going to fund the opposition in a Haitian civil war? Anyways, I know you're going to disagree greatly but Haiti needs a charismatic authoritarian leader like Fidel Castro, Hugo Chavez, Lee Kuan Yew(of Singapore), Thomas Sankara(of Burkina Faso) who is aggressively against corruption and relentlessly about developing the country. Haitians don't mind authoritarians as long as their is development.If they opposition does when in the end they're going to have to have a STRONG leader who can get rid of all the people I listed. Either way this would be good for Hispaniola and both groups would be happy.

Agreed. Haiti needs to turn to China and become more like Cuba, since the Capitalist west US & Europe not doing anything for it. It need to kick out all those organisations who claim to help but actually only leech. As long as Haiti starts developing and DR continues to develop, and both respect each others laws and borders, Im perfectly fine with all of that. Haiti can use a Castro.

Noted. But my thing is why do some PREJUDICE Dominican Nationalist online act like its only Haitians committing the crime?

The thing about us Dominicans, we tolerant our own native Dominicans criminals, sometimes that alone a handful. But we dont want to take on the burden of dealing with foreign criminals as well.

Yea I notice that while I was there.
Answer in bold

Old 08-03-2019, 11:13 AM

75 posts, read 13,581 times
Aside from the corruption and fake help from UN and US liberal globalists. Haiti is too densely populated and overpopulated, that alone will continue to put strains on the economy and the country's resources. It would make it more difficult for Haiti to rise out of poverty.

I say many of the people poorest chunk of Haiti, should voluntarily sterilize themselves, maybe with cash incentive to go with it. And many Haitians should continue to migrate to other countries, not DR or other poor small Caribbean countries, but rich huge countries like USA Canada and France. A country the size of Haiti should not have no more than 8 million people, unless its already developed.

Old 08-04-2019, 12:16 AM

24,310 posts, read 17,746,792 times
Quote:
Aside from the corruption and fake help from UN and US liberal globalists. Haiti is too densely populated and overpopulated, that alone will continue to put strains on the economy and the country's resources. It would make it more difficult for Haiti to rise out of poverty.

I say many of the people poorest chunk of Haiti, should voluntarily sterilize themselves, maybe with cash incentive to go with it. And many Haitians should continue to migrate to other countries, not DR or other poor small Caribbean countries, but rich huge countries like USA Canada and France. A country the size of Haiti should not have no more than 8 million people, unless its already developed.
You wonít have mass sterilization. Practically speaking itís easier for Haitians to get into other Caribbean and Latin America nations than it is Europe, the US, or Canada.

Old 08-04-2019, 05:18 AM

454 posts, read 566,231 times
Haiti is an endless money pit. I agree that it needs somone like castro in power.... only reason being to prevent it's population from leaving the island. As we all know Castro hated freedom for it's people. And the world has enough Haitians outside of Haiti already

Old 08-04-2019, 07:26 AM

6,120 posts, read 1,862,180 times
Every nationality or race has a good set of people and a bad set of people. Classifying them all as good is as dumb as classifying them all as bad.

As a black man, we have our Colin Powell’s, Barack Obamas, and Ben Carsons but we also have our death row inmates, welfare recipients, and leaches of society.

The goal is to have more for the former and less of the latter, but every race has both.

Old 08-04-2019, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Agreed. Haiti needs to turn to China and become more like Cuba, since the Capitalist west US & Europe not doing anything for it. It need to kick out all those organisations who claim to help but actually only leech. As long as Haiti starts developing and DR continues to develop, and both respect each others laws and borders, Im perfectly fine with all of that. Haiti can use a Castro.

The thing about us Dominicans, we tolerant our own native Dominicans criminals, sometimes that alone a handful. But we dont want to take on the burden of dealing with foreign criminals as well.
Agreed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas