Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2019, 12:16 PM

91 posts, read 79,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADOSwarrior View Post
Who are the incompetent babies? The Haitian people or its government? Because if you're referring to the government then I agree. The Haitian people have no say it how the country is ran. Why you think the protests are happening? No... Haitians don't want anymore incompetents. And yes we want the world to stop babysitting us. Which is why most of us want the UN gone. So....

Well I agree the Haitian government is very corrupt and the prescence of the UN doesnt help much, they just have a selfish agenda wrapped around globalism and money. If a peaceful protest dont work, maybe people should get more violent and take the president out forcefully and all other politicians, corporations UN officials. Same thing that happend in Puerto Rico needs to happen in Haiti, as well as DR with Danilo Medina, and Venezuela with Maduro, but with far more brute force.

Its not Haitians spreading lies especially not online.

Yes, I too want peace.

The only crime those Haitian migrants commit is entering DR illegally. Most Haitians in DR try to remain lowkey due to there already being a form of xenophobia put in place

Partially Disagree. Some are lowkey and try to blend into Dominican society. Some arent lowkey and try hard not to blend, speak creole openly and do things that culturally Haitian. Some are teachers and workers. Others are rapists and murderers. Its a mixed bag. After the 2010 Earthquake, many of the prisoners of one of Haiti's biggest prison had escaped, guess where most of them went, DR. Its fairly easy for Haitians to cross the border, whether sneaking across thru the forests and mountains or going thru a transnational highway and bribing border gaurds.
Answers in bold
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2019, 07:05 PM

220 posts, read 125,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upthere22 View Post
I think the impression of hate come from different areas, one is historical ( we all know that one)
the second one has been instigated by small groups of Haitians burning the flag, attacking the Dominican embassy with rocks, Attacking the Dominican president with rocks, and the idea that Haiti is running a slander campaign against DR with the intention to bully the country into giving them papers.
Sources?

Because one can easily show lynches of Haitians by Dominicans and other things. But its pointless as it would just be a back and forth. Dominicans are just frustrated because a group of ppl are swarming their country which is understandable. But SOME Trujillo era talking points(like that other Dominican poster) is extreme like saying Haitians are spreading all types of diseases and ****.

Either way those Haitians attacking Dominican presidents with rocks deserve to be beat the **** outta. Not saying Haitians are all goody goodies in DR but just saying the majority wanna remain lowkey and I got that vibe from the,

Quote:
All those thing are beings repeated ad-nauseam by the Dominican press.
I have a question. Why do you think they are being repeated by the Dominican press? I kinda know why but wanna hear YOUR opinion.

Quote:

Also a bunch of NGOs have been very involved into "helping" Haitians in DR. but the impression Dominican have is that those NGO are the ones that exaggerate the Supposed discrimination again Haitians in DR in order to get more funding from donations. I personally know people from an small NGO from Europe that schools abut 12 Haitian orphans in cabarete DR. I asked them why they chose that location, the truth came out, it was not about the children at all, it was a twisted form tourism, on witch rich European would come to "help" children but at the same time, surf, and live a beachy life for a couple of months. Basically using those children to satisfy some twisted "feel good" "white savior" need. How do you think this NGO got money? by painting DR as a monster that do not educate this children because of their race. (something not true as DR does not even ask for birth certificates below 8th grade). when i pointed that the could go to the public school just down the block, they argue d that the education they provided was better and bla bla bla.
Wouldn't doubt this.

Quote:

You know very well how those NGOs operate. they took billions from the world after the quake, and Haiti have not seen a cent from that.
And why do you think I say there are external forces acting in Haiti? Again I ain't "blaming whitey." There are documented evidence. Yes, the NGO are crooks and Haitians want them out. Heck the entire UN and NGOs should leave Hispanole island together.

Quote:

For the most part Haitians and Dominicans live peacefully side by side as always, but if you read the international press you would get the impression they are killing each other on that island. i would not gonna say things are perfect but they are way better than the way they are painted on the media. there is or was (at least until recently) some level of instigation coming from different parts of the world, and it was not from Haiti.

If the bolded is the case(which I agree from what I saw in DR as a traveler) then why outside of illegal immigration do CERTAIN(not all...) ONLINE nationalist Dominicans hold such racist views towards Haitians. Tbh they give people the impression that he DR is xenophobic towards Haitians? I get you Dominicans are very nationalistic and so are Haitians but like I said CERTAIN online Dominican Nationalist believe Haitians are trying to purposely invade DR and kill Dominicans. If that was the case then Dominicans who go into Haiti for business would be getting harmed which they do not.

Old 08-01-2019, 07:07 PM

927 posts, read 758,082 times
in florida there's a plane load coming in every hour

Old 08-01-2019, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
As Dominicans like to say: "eso se cae de la mata" (it falls on its own from a tree).

'Mata' is actually a Taino words that means tree and is used interchangeably with 'árbol' and 'palo'. Although, that saying always uses mata. Its also used in Puerto Rico, Cuba, and Venezuela. Elsewhere in the Spanish speaking world not so much or at all.
Indeed.

Quote:
Simply asking around answers this question, but generally the people that leave due to this see that the DR's future is compromised and its only a matter of time.
But based on what some posters been posting the DR seems to have a bright future. Do these low skilled Haitian workers even live in the same areas as these middle-upper class Dominicans?

Quote:

The vast majority of jobs in the DR have little to do with big companies. It also goes without saying that if the Haitian migrant community was dependent in the few big firms that hires mostly them, the Haitian minority in the DR would be considerably smaller in terms of companies bringing them and hiring them. More big companies hire a mostly Dominican workforce, but like I said most people don't work for these companies. In big Dominican firms like Grupo Ramos (owners of La Sirena, Súper Pola, etc and the biggest tax collector in the country plus the biggest company that contributes to the country's social security) or Banco Popular (now that I think of it, any of the banks, insurance, and stock brokerage firms) anyone is very hard pressed to find a Haitian working in their stores/branches. In places like La Sirena even the guards or he cleaners are Dominicans. Now that I think of it, Haitians are almost absent in Dominican television and radio shows too.
What I mean is sugar cane construction companies importing illegal Haitians for cheap labor via trucks. I also heard about selling of visas to Haitians. American companies in those industries do the same thing with Central American immigrants.

Of course you're not going to find low skilled immigrants in positions at banks.

Old 08-01-2019, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconada View Post
Well I agree the Haitian government is very corrupt and the prescence of the UN doesnt help much, they just have a selfish agenda wrapped around globalism and money. If a peaceful protest dont work, maybe people should get more violent and take the president out forcefully and all other politicians, corporations UN officials. Same thing that happend in Puerto Rico needs to happen in Haiti, as well as DR with Danilo Medina, and Venezuela with Maduro, but with far more brute force.
And do you believe that corrupt govt is for the people? No. Did the Haitian people elect the current president? No. Why do you think the USA is trying get rid of Maduro yet is supporting the current Haitian president to death? As for brute force weren't you guys arguing against that? You as a Dominican wouldn't you not want a civil war in Hispaniola? USA just needs to STOP supporting the president and allow fair elections but luckily they're slowly giving up on him it seems.
https://www.miamiherald.com/opinion/...232861192.html

And agreed what happened in PR needs to happen in Haiti.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconada View Post

Partially Disagree. Some are lowkey and try to blend into Dominican society. Some arent lowkey and try hard not to blend, speak creole openly and do things that culturally Haitian. Some are teachers and workers. Others are rapists and murderers. Its a mixed bag. After the 2010 Earthquake, many of the prisoners of one of Haiti's biggest prison had escaped, guess where most of them went, DR. Its fairly easy for Haitians to cross the border, whether sneaking across thru the forests and mountains or going thru a transnational highway and bribing border gaurds.
Just asking is there any stats that tell how much murders/rapes are committed by Haitians in DR? Again, just asking. Because they vibe I got was most were trying to assimilate outside of the fob immigrants. Heck, many of the Haitians I seen spoke Spanish. But you're Dominican and been to DR more times and so you're probably more knowledgeable whether Haitians assimilate or not. Just going by what I seen.

Old 08-01-2019, 07:57 PM

10,061 posts, read 14,935,470 times
Quote:
But based on what some posters been posting the DR seems to have a bright future. Do these low skilled Haitian workers even live in the same areas as these middle-upper class Dominicans?
The DR has a bright future if its able to put a handle on this problem. If it doesn't, then...

The sad thing is that everyone, including those ranking in high government positions, know what needs to be done, but the attacks on the DR is going to be even more than they currently are. Imagine the DR government building an affective wall and fence on the border, the PR department of the government will have its hands tied. Yet, the Haitian government built a small wall on the border in the Jimani area to better control its tax collection and almost no one know about that in the international community. The same small wall is built by the Dominican government and it will be internationally criticized before the second row is placed.

Yes, many live in the same neighborhoods. This is especially true in Santo Domingo.

Quote:
What I mean is sugar cane construction companies importing illegal Haitians for cheap labor via trucks. I also heard about selling of visas to Haitians. American companies in those industries do the same thing with Central American immigrants.

Of course you're not going to find low skilled immigrants in positions at banks.
I know what you mean, but those types of big companies don't employ most of the people.

Old 08-01-2019, 09:37 PM

91 posts, read 79,223 times
Quote:
And do you believe that corrupt govt is for the people? No. Did the Haitian people elect the current president? No. Why do you think the USA is trying get rid of Maduro yet is supporting the current Haitian president to death? As for brute force weren't you guys arguing against that? You as a Dominican wouldn't you not want a civil war in Hispaniola? USA just needs to STOP supporting the president and allow fair elections but luckily they're slowly giving up on him it seems.
https://www.miamiherald.com/opinion/...232861192.html

And agreed what happened in PR needs to happen in Haiti.

Just asking is there any stats that tell how much murders/rapes are committed by Haitians in DR? Again, just asking. Because they vibe I got was most were trying to assimilate outside of the fob immigrants. Heck, many of the Haitians I seen spoke Spanish. But you're Dominican and been to DR more times and so you're probably more knowledgeable whether Haitians assimilate or not. Just going by what I seen.
If a Civil War is whats needed for Haiti to take out its corrupt government and start building itself, than so be it, as long as it gets the job done and stays confided to the Haitian side of the island. Just like if DR had civil war, it would be inconsiderate for it to spill over to the other side knowing the Haitians had nothing to do with it.

As for crime, theres many crimes in Dominican media showing, just do a quick Google serach "Haitiano matando (killing) a un Dominicano", or vice versa Dominicano matando haitiano.

As for Haitian assilimilation. 99.9% of the Haitians that their family been here for generations (20 years or more) are assilimated, speak spanish with a Dominican, act culturally Dominican, some of them dont even claim Haiti and only claim Dominican, they only really Haitian by ancestry, most dont even speak creole. The newcomers that came after 2000, are usually billingual or only speak creole, the ones that speak spanish speak it with a french/haitian accent, some of them try to blend em and some of them try to stand out and remain Haitian.

Old 08-02-2019, 04:37 AM

1,552 posts, read 2,445,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Exactly. That was so random.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabandgo View Post
who cares about what white people think, you are trapped in their racist echo camber, always concerned about their opinions.

you should not base you identity on whatever a guy living on a trailer could think of you. have some respect for your self.
you guys are missing the point I am saying why shouldn't we minorities stick together when in the end of the day a lot of whites look down on us?

Haitians and Dominicans still get an unfair advantage when it comes to institutional racism. does it make sense for Haitians and Dominicans or black and Hispanics, in general, to look down on another?

Old 08-02-2019, 06:08 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,963,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homenj View Post
you guys are missing the point I am saying why shouldn't we minorities stick together when in the end of the day a lot of whites look down on us?

Haitians and Dominicans still get an unfair advantage when it comes to institutional racism. does it make sense for Haitians and Dominicans or black and Hispanics, in general, to look down on another?
It’s stupid on so many levels.

Most Blacks throughout the Americas have varying degrees of whatever other race in them. Some of course have more white or whatever in them?

Who gives a damn?

Ayn Rand said racism is a dumb form of collectivism and she’s right.

The Dominican government is overall more rational than certain posted here because in order to grow the economy they will sell legal status whoever can pay for it? No one cares about your nationality, either you got the money to pay for something or you don’t.

Old 08-02-2019, 06:57 AM

264 posts, read 136,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
It’s stupid on so many levels.

Most Blacks throughout the Americas have varying degrees of whatever other race in them. Some of course have more white or whatever in them?

Who gives a damn?

Ayn Rand said racism is a dumb form of collectivism and she’s right.

The Dominican government is overall more rational than certain posted here because in order to grow the economy they will sell legal status whoever can pay for it? No one cares about your nationality, either you got the money to pay for something or you don’t.
you seem to be confusing the "citizenship by investment program" of Dominica (the island). with the DR.
DR does not have such program, you can get a green card by invesment but you cannot buy DR citizenship.

almost every country has some form of program to atract investors but only a few sell citizenship, and DR is not one of those.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas