Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2018, 11:33 AM

804 posts, read 544,636 times

Advertisements

ROTFL

Everybody mimics it. Lets leave it that.

........However TAT stuck oil so they can pretend to be foreigners and buy properties in Jamaica.

Too many words to ROTFL. It is not even funny.

I have seen Trinni Rabbits mimicking the language of Jamaica as well. Including Haitian wannabe.

That Trinni music is just a reverb and rehas of American rap topped off with mimicking Reggae. Sad to see it spread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2018, 09:12 PM

4,096 posts, read 3,719,938 times
All I know is that Trini KFC is legendary!

Old 11-24-2018, 01:40 PM

804 posts, read 544,636 times
KFC is garbage period. I have no idea why you would even put that with TAT.

Old 11-24-2018, 01:45 PM

4,096 posts, read 3,719,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanArt View Post
KFC is garbage period. I have no idea why you would even put that with TAT.
KFC in general is average but Trini KFC is said to be tops! At least that's the story here in the UK.

Old 11-25-2018, 03:21 AM

4,633 posts, read 3,462,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MemoryMaker View Post
Most people don't really know much about Trinidad (except for Nicki Minaj who isnt even actually from Trinidad technically, isn't even THAT popular outside of so-called "Urban America" and isn't considered to have that likeable of a personality {which is part of the reason why Cardi B is outshining her so easily - but lets save that discussion for another thread!}).

Nicki Minaj was born in Trinidad and left when she was about five. It's unclear whether she's even naturalized.

I think I've said this before, but Trinidad's economy isn't reliant on tourism. Tobago is the tourist island. It's quite funny because they're right next to each other. It's like...how can people know about South Dakota but not North Dakota?

Old 11-25-2018, 08:19 AM

5,024 posts, read 5,661,738 times
Location and marketing. People know more people from Jamaica, it has been more culturally exposed. Also, it is close to the US, which is culturally quite different from it and thus seen as exotic and convenient for vacations, and thus one of the most frequently visited places. Jamaica is within a few hundred miles of the US whether by air or by cruise ship, and thus is regularly visited and talked about. T&T is not far removed from the South American mainland, but not a particularly populated portion of it and with no major cities or media outlets nearby. It is more isolated from the US and there are not nearly as many flights or ships going there, therefore it doesn't receive the level of attention that Jamaica does from New York, Los Angeles and Miami, which are major global media hubs.

Old 11-25-2018, 12:35 PM

1,039 posts, read 1,099,989 times
Gonna say it again...Trinidad is not unknown...Jamaica punches above its weight in terms of being known...Jamaica is the anomaly...not Trinidad...Cuba and Haiti also punch above their weight in terms of being known....and once again, being well known is not all positive...Jamaica's high murder rate is well known...how many people know that Trinidad and Tobago's rate is almost as high?

Last edited by whogoesthere; 11-25-2018 at 12:58 PM..

Old 11-25-2018, 01:47 PM

3,834 posts, read 4,437,964 times
Trinidad is known for Brian Lara. That might be good enough.

Old 11-25-2018, 01:53 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,895,546 times
Bob Sleddin Mon.

Old 11-27-2018, 09:07 AM

7 posts, read 5,061 times
Trinidad did not spend boat loads of money coming up with catchy jingles to sell vacation packages.
Trinidad is not and has never been a country full of resorts.
It is pretty much the business capital of the Caribbean.

They invited the Steele Pan.
It is the birth place of Calypso.
Nicky Minaj/ Onika Tanya Maraj is Trinidadian and Cardi B is 1/2 Trinidadian.
Also other then Bob Marley how many Jamaican celebrities do most people to know off hand without looking it up online?

I think someone's knowledge of Trinidad depends on where they are from.
It will cost someone more money to go to Trinidad and Tobago on vacation compared to Jamaica. There are less if any vacation packages. If you go to Jamaica you pay for your package, you get picked up at the airport and dropped to and from the airport. In Trinidad and Tobago you have to arrange this yourself and it is going to cost your more for everything because there is not as much supply for hotels or resorts compared to in Jamaica. My family is from there and if I had to choose a relaxing vacation I would choose to Jamaica because as a tourist is it just easier. In Trinidad and Tobago you have to put more effort in to getting there and around the island. If you stay at a nice hotel in Port of Spain they will likely have armed security. Jamaica offers that tourist bubble. The Jamaica you see on the resort is not a reflection at all of what life is like for 95% of the people living on the island. Trinidad offers a more "real" visit.

Also both places are distinctly different.
Have their own cultures and history.
If anyone assumes they are very similar that is just a reflection of their lack of understanding of the region.

Regarding KFC in Trinidad. It is AMAZING. KFC taste gross at most places. I have eaten KFC in at least 7 countries. It is so good there that it is common for people to bring it back with them on the plane if going back to North America. I think the difference is they are using fresher meat which is marinated for longer. The have different sides too.

Come carnival season there is no more room for any Tourists. There are too many as it is. I heard local people are actually get annoyed that tourist are buying up costumes which are often costing at least $500 US each for the basic costumes. Every hotel is fully booked. Trinidad is not really set up to be packed up with Tourists. Tobago is different, but even still there are only so many people that can fit on an Island.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas