U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-08-2018, 03:54 PM
 
Location: Brazil
166 posts, read 107,272 times
Reputation: 199

Advertisements

According to the Brazilian government, there were 42,202 Argentine citizens living in Brazil in 2012 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argentine_Brazilians). Many have become quite famous in Brazil, such as Hector Babenco, Sebastián Cuattrin and Fernando Meligeni, among others. By contrast, in 2010 there were 41,330 Brazilians living in Argentina (https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inmigr...a_en_Argentina). Relative to their populations (~ 40 million in Argentina vs ~ 200 million in Brazil), Argentines have moved more to Brazil than vice versa. It could change though I think it most likely will not. Brazilians tend to move more within the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-08-2018, 04:21 PM
 
Location: Clifton, Cincinnati
124 posts, read 62,242 times
Reputation: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joao View Post
According to the Brazilian government, there were 42,202 Argentine citizens living in Brazil in 2012 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argentine_Brazilians). Many have become quite famous in Brazil, such as Hector Babenco, Sebastián Cuattrin and Fernando Meligeni, among others. By contrast, in 2010 there were 41,330 Brazilians living in Argentina (https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inmigr...a_en_Argentina). Relative to their populations (~ 40 million in Argentina vs ~ 200 million in Brazil), Argentines have moved more to Brazil than vice versa. It could change though I think it most likely will not. Brazilians tend to move more within the country.
No, there would be, based off of their populations, more Brazilians in Argentina percentage wise than Argentines in Brazil. You're talking less than a 1,000 person difference according to your stats, but over 160,000,000 in their overall populations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2018, 04:24 PM
 
Location: Brazil
166 posts, read 107,272 times
Reputation: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenseofPlace View Post
No, there would be, based off of their populations, more Brazilians in Argentina percentage wise than Argentines in Brazil. You're talking less than a 1,000 person difference according to your stats, but over 160,000,000 in their overall populations.
I meant ~ 40000 Argentines (out 40 million) moved to Brazil. And ~ 40000 Brazilians (out of 200 million) moved to Argentina. In other words, relative to their populations, more Argentines chose to move to Brazil than the opposite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2018, 04:34 PM
 
Location: Clifton, Cincinnati
124 posts, read 62,242 times
Reputation: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joao View Post
I meant ~ 40000 Argentines (out 40 million) moved to Brazil. And ~ 40000 Brazilians (out of 200 million) moved to Argentina. In other words, relative to their populations, more Argentines chose to move to Brazil than the opposite.
Wording it like that is better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2018, 06:07 PM
 
Location: Montreal
731 posts, read 845,528 times
Reputation: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapshoot View Post
Brazilian economy is in the deepest recession in the last 60 years right now.
Interesting that that's so, despite the absence of the hyperinflation that plagued Brazil some 25-30 years ago. And it's interesting that the recessions of that time weren't as deep/long as now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2018, 05:30 AM
 
729 posts, read 381,402 times
Reputation: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by iron_stick View Post
Do mean in 1918 or 2018? If the latter, you're exaggerating your numbers by quite a wide margin, there's barely over 100k Portuguese living in Brazil at the moment the majority of whom are old folks who emigrated there many decades ago. In 2015, 1294 Portuguese individuals were granted working visas for Brazil.
Until 2014 was much bigger, off course with the crisis the number dropped.

Brazil has 200.000 Brazilians in Portugal, small number being Portugal the mother country and having Brazil 210 millions people, so the small number of Brazilians in Argentina is not really a surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapshoot View Post
All this is completely not true:


Brazilian economy is in the deepest recession in the last 60 years right now.
Brazil made clear that it want to become a global power, having both the Olympics and the world cup.
and also getting involved in military actions abroad like the pacification force in Haiti.
Brazil wants more geopolitical power, and its trying to get it.
USA and Europe also had huge crisis in between 2008 / 2010 but it didn’t change the structure of these countries, with Brazil is the same, the crisis in Brazil didn’t change the country to the point of force Brazilians look for jobs abroad. Brazil is yet a economic power.


Quote:
Originally Posted by yofie View Post
Interesting that that's so, despite the absence of the hyperinflation that plagued Brazil some 25-30 years ago. And it's interesting that the recessions of that time weren't as deep/long as now.
In that time Brazil was industrializing, people yet moving from farms to cities, in this situation speed growth is normal. Today Brazil is a middle income country… growth only is got with more productivity gains.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top