U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2019, 02:14 PM

251 posts, read 190,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppiesandKittens View Post
Nope, most of the inhabitants of the Falklands were born there.

They're still waiting for that oil. The UK spends significant sums on the Falklands.

If the "English" in the Falkland Islands need to be moved to the UK (which isn't their home), then I think all of us in the "New World" should return to wherever our ancestors came from. I'm confused, though: I'm part of a lot of different ethnicities, so do I perhaps summer in one country, winter in another, and spend time in others?
They are colonists. They need to go back. Repatriation has happened before in history. Let's hope it happens again in the case of the Malvinas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2019, 02:27 PM

2,875 posts, read 1,547,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sf_arkitect View Post
They are colonists. They need to go back. Repatriation has happened before in history. Let's hope it happens again in the case of the Malvinas.
You're also a colonist unless you're 100% Native American.

Old 01-15-2019, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
You're also a colonist unless you're 100% Native American.
I am an admixture of southwestern European and Tepehuan (one of the tribes of native peoples from the Sierra Occidental in northwestern Mexico).

Despite having ancestry from both southern Europe and the Americas, I think the American continent is better off without further intervention (political/economic) by European nations.

Old 01-15-2019, 08:02 PM

1,280 posts, read 434,104 times
Quote:
OK, Slobodan Milosevic, knock it off. You have gone way too far.

Old 01-15-2019, 08:59 PM

Quote:
OK, Slobodan Milosevic, knock it off. You have gone way too far.
Hahaha As if I was calling for an extermination of the colonists living on the Malvinas.

It's the British occupation of the Malvinas that's gone too far and for too long. No to any more vestiges of European imperialism on continents beyond Europe.

Last edited by sf_arkitect; 01-15-2019 at 09:11 PM..

Old 01-16-2019, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Hahaha As if I was calling for an extermination of the colonists living on the Malvinas.

It's the British occupation of the Malvinas that's gone too far and for too long. No to any more vestiges of European imperialism on continents beyond Europe.
You're calling for removal of populations from their homes, based on their race/national origin. That is what people like Radovan Karadzic did in Bosnia in the 1990s.

That is just sick.

Old 01-16-2019, 12:15 PM

Quote:
You're calling for removal of populations from their homes, based on their race/national origin. That is what people like Radovan Karadzic did in Bosnia in the 1990s.

That is just sick.
It's not "their land". That is what's disturbing. Imperialism is what's sick.

Old 01-16-2019, 12:30 PM

4,338 posts, read 2,263,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by England Dan View Post
Or, is the Falkland/Malvinas war an obstacle in better British/Argentine relations?

Not going to happen unless that cold rock is released to them.

Old 01-16-2019, 02:09 PM

2,875 posts, read 1,547,347 times
Quote:
It's not the pseudo-Spanish Argentines' land either and it is their land because they were born there they cultivated it and have done so for 8 generation. So the UK is not my land even though I was born here and have lived all my life here? You're entering dangerous territory.

Imperialism is a pre- World War II construct, yes we're living still with the effects of that evil but in this day and age self-determination takes precedence. What's done is done and the current law on human rights must be upheld across the board.

Old 01-16-2019, 04:22 PM

Quote:

They were born there and they decided, in a fully democratic election, to remain linked to the UK. (They were given the choice in the 1980s, in a free and fair election, to become part of Argentina. Only 3 (!) people in the islands voted to become part of Argentina.)

Get over it and get over your vile racism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or