U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-19-2019, 03:54 PM
 
2,309 posts, read 942,097 times
Reputation: 1761

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
BS! In Argentina at least black people were purposefully exterminated by sending them to the front line in the independence and Paraguayan war (triple alliance war) with the promise that any that survived would be emancipated. Only a handful did in what was Latin America's bloodiest ever war.
No. All the bull**** theories about what happened to the blacks in Argentina were disproven long ago.

The blacks in Argentina simply mixed into the general population and before long they were gone without a trace. The Afro-Argentine women exclusively married European men. I would actually call that self-extermination.

The reason there is such a large obviously black population in the United States is because here black people are endogamous. There was little mixing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-20-2019, 07:20 AM
 
142 posts, read 33,687 times
Reputation: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
No. All the bull**** theories about what happened to the blacks in Argentina were disproven long ago.

The blacks in Argentina simply mixed into the general population and before long they were gone without a trace. The Afro-Argentine women exclusively married European men. I would actually call that self-extermination.

The reason there is such a large obviously black population in the United States is because here black people are endogamous. There was little mixing.
Thats a bunch on BS, there is no way millions of people could just be absorbed into the population in such a short period of time. black Argentinians where exterminated in the war and a large number of them moved to Brazil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2019, 09:02 AM
 
24,193 posts, read 17,579,330 times
Reputation: 9149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapshoot View Post
Dude you have to read a book, or many books, the inquisition was pretty much irrelevant and is only relevant in the English speaking world. in the rest of the world it just a curiosity, irrelevant. You have to understand that all your positions about Spain, the Catholic Church, are wrong because you were educated in the English world and your education was biased and inaccurate due to anti-Spanish propaganda.

The Spanish Inquisition is often cited in popular literature and history as an example of religious intolerance and repression. Historians have come to conclude that many of the charges levied against the Inquisition are exaggerated, and are a result of the Black Legend produced by political and religious enemies of Spain, especially England.

All that you think you know is a lie.


Most modern research put the total number of people executed in the low 3000, but the number of 100% verifiable executions is only 828, in the whole 400 years of the inquisition. And you dare to compare it to the holocaust!! just to show how misinformed and ignorant you are about the subject and how you have not been able to acknowledge the bias of your education.

read this book, one of the most recent about the subject.

https://www.amazon.com/Spanish-Inqui...ct_top?ie=UTF8
I live in Spain and the Inquisition is very relevant here. Iíve been to many Spanish and Portuguese museums, synagogues, mosques.

So I have the sources directly from the Iberians themselves. Oh, the Iberians themselves will call their former colonies backwards, and Iím being polite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2019, 09:05 AM
 
24,193 posts, read 17,579,330 times
Reputation: 9149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
No. All the bull**** theories about what happened to the blacks in Argentina were disproven long ago.

The blacks in Argentina simply mixed into the general population and before long they were gone without a trace. The Afro-Argentine women exclusively married European men. I would actually call that self-extermination.

The reason there is such a large obviously black population in the United States is because here black people are endogamous. There was little mixing.
There was considerable mixing in the US. Children with one Black parent and one white still
come out considerable darker than the white parent and have other African features that are obvious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2019, 09:18 AM
 
24,193 posts, read 17,579,330 times
Reputation: 9149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
Sure dude. Whatever you say - everyone's entitled to their own opinion, shout RACIST all you want. Luckily there are people like Fli, Chanelle, YBE, Whogoesthere that are on my same wave length and of course I'm not suggesting everyone black should go there because they're black but I am going to stand up for people & their homes you and Caribny quick to disparage without ever having gone there, when its a beautiful place with a lot to offer.

My property in the Choco is a rustic (so as not to say run-down) cabin, not apt for paying guests. It was an impulse buy because I fell in love with the place (plus it was dirt cheap). My experiences of the Choco are just that, genuine experiences.

Waiting excitedly for your next defensive, deflecting and/or disparaging comments - Not!
There are people who go to AntŠrtica. Not my cone of tea, but they have every right to go to where they want to.

And itís their money and time.

Yes, you suggested we go there because weíre Black but neither of us were interested.

You can love it all you want. Itís not on the radar of most traveling African Americans and nor will get on the radar of most traveling AAs.

You got defensive because CaribNYbwbd I explained why Black people in general when they travel will not go to the choco. Black people with money to travel generally like to essentially move away from poverty not towards. We have plenty of ghettoes in the US if we want to see impoverished Blacks, so there is no desire en masses to see impoverished Blacks in the jungles of Colombia. African Americans my age generally hate rural areas because their grandparents lived in poverty in farms in the South so if they have money to travel overseas weíd rather do Europe.

Thatís not putting down your decision to buy a house in the Choco at all. I am explaining, as a member of a group why the Choco does not appeal to us as a whole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2019, 09:30 AM
 
2,309 posts, read 942,097 times
Reputation: 1761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapshoot View Post
Thats a bunch on BS, there is no way millions of people could just be absorbed into the population in such a short period of time.
Easily!

In just two generations you can breed the black out of anybody's family. A minority that is exogamous can disappear without a trace.

This has actually been proven with modern DNA testing. If you've ever payed attention to Mexican ancestry DNA results, almost every single Mexican has some minute fraction of African ancestry. It's usually around 5% - the highest I've seen was 12%. What that shows is that the historical black population was completely absorbed into the general population.

Argentines are the same. They average about 5% African. That shows that the blacks weren't "exterminated", they blended in. Their descendants today are white.

Last edited by Tritone; 02-20-2019 at 09:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2019, 09:34 AM
 
2,309 posts, read 942,097 times
Reputation: 1761
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
There was considerable mixing in the US.
No there wasn't. Typical African Americans are 80% African. That's virtually untouched. AAs are an african isolate group in the United States. And white Americans are purely European.

Legalized racial segregation and anti-miscegenation actually had the affect of preserving the black minority in the United States. Black minorities in Latin America bred themselves out in colonial times. They don't exist anymore. They've become a myth that people doubt ever existed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2019, 10:02 AM
 
2,309 posts, read 942,097 times
Reputation: 1761
The same happen to the Tainos in the Carribean. People were saying that they were completely exterminated.

No, they were a minority that blended in. Almost Every single Puerto Rican and Dominican tests Native American. PRs are like 10% Taino.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2019, 10:12 AM
AFP
 
6,898 posts, read 4,230,790 times
Reputation: 5878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
Easily!

In just two generations you can breed the black out of anybody's family. A minority that is exogamous can disappear without a trace.

This has actually been proven with modern DNA testing. If you've ever payed attention to Mexican ancestry DNA results, almost every single Mexican has some minute fraction of African ancestry. It's usually around 5% - the highest I've seen was 12%. What that shows is that the historical black population was completely absorbed into the general population.

Argentines are the same. They average about 5% African. That shows that the blacks weren't "exterminated", they blended in. Their descendants today are white.
12% is about equivalent to having one full West African great grand parent genetically and 5% is about equivalent to having a great great grandparent. At 12% in some people you can see signs of mixture in some people but rarely at 5%. In Mexicans 4%-5% is typical. Why are you offended women choose to have children with white men over black men? It was probably for economic reasons even today women tend to prefer men that have more access to resources.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2019, 10:13 AM
 
2,309 posts, read 942,097 times
Reputation: 1761
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Ask 20 random Latinos if there was African slavery in Mexico, El Salvador, Argentine, Peru or Chile.
Again, today there simply are no black people left in most of those countries, so it's not common knowledge.

Those people have literally never seen black people in their countries, so why would you expect a typical person to know that? They also tend to be very uneducated so it's not likely that they would know about little known history from colonial times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top