U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-02-2019, 10:45 AM
 
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
5,858 posts, read 9,490,621 times
Reputation: 2991

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgforshort View Post
With all respect, I can't understand the patience of the Venezuelan population.
They get swayed by charisma, talk.
Quote:
In any European country Maduro would be dead by now.
NOT True! Europe has had its dictators pretty recently too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-02-2019, 11:56 AM
 
Location: Paradise CA, that place on fire
752 posts, read 439,358 times
Reputation: 2030
"NOT True! Europe has had its dictators pretty recently too."


I can't name any European country where the living conditions were so miserable as Venezuela today, or anytime in the last hundred years.
Even Czarist Russia had to be better.

I spent 25 years in Hungary during the most "glamorous" (sarcasm) years of communism and we had it ten times better, but nevertheless came the 1956 uprising.

Afterward the communist leadership realized they can't abuse the citizens without consequences and the following reforms made our lifes better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2019, 12:28 PM
 
729 posts, read 382,672 times
Reputation: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgforshort View Post
With all respect, I can't understand the patience of the Venezuelan population.

In any European country Maduro would be dead by now.
The Romanian dictator Ceausescu had half a day before they hanged him.
High patents militaries in Venezuela are as corrupt as chavistas they are all bought by Maduro, being them also the ruler class in Venezuela together the chavistas.
Venezuelans are hostages, they don't have weapons, because that I think only a military external intervention will remove Maduro and its friends from the power.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2019, 04:06 PM
 
2,781 posts, read 1,018,847 times
Reputation: 1773
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVANGELISTTI View Post
High patents militaries in Venezuela are as corrupt as chavistas they are all bought by Maduro, being them also the ruler class in Venezuela together the chavistas.
Venezuelans are hostages, they don't have weapons, because that I think only a military external intervention will remove Maduro and its friends from the power.
The only problem with an intervention is that it would legitimise Maduro, by proving his point about sanctions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2019, 05:47 AM
 
729 posts, read 382,672 times
Reputation: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
The only problem with an intervention is that it would legitimise Maduro, by proving his point about sanctions.
who cares? People don't believe in his lies, everbody knows what ruined Venezuela was the communism economic politics. I spoke with lots os Venezuelan in Colombia last month, in Miami last year and here in São Paulo all the time.

The low patent military and police force are coerced for keep the loyalt with the regime, (if they desert their families are retaliated) but they don't have the retoric mindset like middle east muslins soldiers or brainwashed cuban borned in the regime... they are like you and I... if a coalizion of Latin American countries led by USA, Colombia and Brazil, in a threat of war... 90% will desert and cross the borders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2019, 10:29 AM
 
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
5,858 posts, read 9,490,621 times
Reputation: 2991
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVANGELISTTI View Post
I spoke with lots os Venezuelan in Colombia last month, in Miami last year and here in São Paulo all the time.
The rest of your post I agree with, but I'm curious: Where are you from? What were you doing in Colombia, in particular how/why you ended up talking to "lots" of Venezuelans?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2019, 11:21 AM
 
729 posts, read 382,672 times
Reputation: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80skeys View Post
The rest of your post I agree with, but I'm curious: Where are you from? What were you doing in Colombia, in particular how/why you ended up talking to "lots" of Venezuelans?
I am from Brazil and have been in Colmbia for business, in tradeshows normally someone meets lots of people from all over the country and neighborn countries. Also I talk with not just business Venezuelans, but the poorest working as uber drivers or waiters… and beggars… lots of them in Colombian streets, entire families on the streets asking for money/help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2019, 12:06 PM
Status: "Hope is last to lose it..." (set 2 days ago)
 
5,220 posts, read 8,040,348 times
Reputation: 4270
The guy has to be crazy to go to Venezuela now. Give another 10 years. I don’t think Maduro will last that long.

In Caracas and Maracaibo its very similar to Spanish Caribbean. Hope they are done with all types of dictatorship soon. It’s Latin America, so you never know, but I hope they are done and ready for democracy and capitalism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2019, 07:47 PM
 
14,331 posts, read 15,146,163 times
Reputation: 8381
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgforshort View Post
......The Romanian dictator Ceausescu had half a day before they hanged him.
He and his wife were shot to death by soldiers after a speedy trial.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2019, 02:17 PM
 
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
5,858 posts, read 9,490,621 times
Reputation: 2991
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
The guy has to be crazy to go to Venezuela now. Give another 10 years. I don’t think Maduro will last that long.

In Caracas and Maracaibo its very similar to Spanish Caribbean. Hope they are done with all types of dictatorship soon. It’s Latin America, so you never know, but I hope they are done and ready for democracy and capitalism.
democracy and Capitalism+ (as Bill Maher likes to call it): a combination of capitalism and socialism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top