Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2019, 07:31 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,799,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Good point Mouldy. For all those latinos wanting to see Maduro go, you should send in your own troops.
I don’t have any troops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2019, 07:36 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,799,455 times
Quote:
I think its a sad situation but I don't believe in any kind of intervention. And despite what some people tell you on here, Maduro still has a lot of support.

Also I think it is hypocritical that everyone is crying over Venezuela but say **** all about whats happening in Haiti and Honduras right now. Typical Latin American racism, classism and hypocrisy.
What’s happening in Haiti and Honduras?

Old 05-02-2019, 07:48 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,392,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
I don’t have any troops.
I meant Latin Americans that want to see an intervention in Venezuela. LOL

Old 05-02-2019, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
What’s happening in Haiti and Honduras?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-48103857

Old 05-02-2019, 07:57 PM

4,096 posts, read 3,719,099 times
I don't think strike or protests over bill reforms warrant the same exposure as what is and has been happening in Venezuela.

Apples and Oranges.

Haiti is another matter all together, a never ending failed state since inception. The change is not drastic as has happened in Venezuela.

Old 05-02-2019, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
I don't think strike or protests over bill reforms warrant the same exposure as what is and has been happening in Venezuela.

Apples and Oranges.

Haiti is another matter all together, a never ending failed state since inception. The change is not drastic as has happened in Venezuela.
People are getting killed by police in Honduras. It is not a simple protest over reforms. The only thing that is apple and oranges is that protest in Honduras are coming from within and not being propped up from people outside. Thanks for proving my point. The fact that Honduras an Haiti have been messed up for longer means they probably need more help.

Another reason why no one gives a **** about Honduras is because their government is right wing. Imagine the president of Honduras who more than likely won the election with fraud has ties to drug dealers and right wing death squads is a member of the "lima group". What a ****ing joke.

Old 05-02-2019, 08:16 PM

If Honduras had a left leaning government it would be a different story. Then people would criticize and not view things as "apple and orangess".

Old 05-02-2019, 09:37 PM

Quote:
People are getting killed by police in Honduras. It is not a simple protest over reforms. The only thing that is apple and oranges is that protest in Honduras are coming from within and not being propped up from people outside.
Propped up by people from outside? Violent protests have been going on in Venezuela against the current government for donkeys years its not a recent phenomenon. As people get more hungry as inflation progresses out of control and hospitals and power outages become progressively worse obviously the protests intensify.

The only thing I've proven is that the dogma of Left and Right rises above all else in the analysis of people like yourself. Do I deny the US meddles obtrusively even more when a Left leader is in power than one on the Right - no. This however does not mean that 2 wrongs make a right.

However, there is no parallel yet over what is happening in Venezuela to what has happened in Honduras. The Zelaya coup was non-violent, Honduras' violence comes from Drug Cartels and not the State (although no doubt there are dirty politicians implicit), there is no shortages of food or medicine, hyperinflation or hours of lines to get a few basics, there is no coup or interim president or more than 3 million people abandoning their country in a space of 3 years. The only parallel are the contested elections but even then the results are more hard-fought indicating a polarised society. Alleged fraud under independent inspection is completely different from having no independent inspection at all and almost complete abstention. Not to mention the complete castration of the democratically elected (despite all odds) National Assembly.

A violent protest with fatalities due to clashes over an educational or medical reform bill is not the same as a constitutional act of an interim presidents calling for fresh and free elections under international independent monitoring.

Old 05-02-2019, 10:58 PM

6,031 posts, read 5,940,768 times
Quote:
If Honduras had a left leaning government it would be a different story. Then people would criticize and not view things as "apple and orangess".
That and if had vast reserves of oil.

Old 05-02-2019, 11:29 PM

The dogmatic attitudes of the Left is the main cause of the rise of the alt-right. As someone who strongly campaigns for sustainable social policies, the Left in almost every country (Yes even most recently Denmark) has lost me.

The troubador and Urban Luis remind me of the scarf twins in this video minute 4:05 - 5:30

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas