Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2019, 09:23 AM

4,096 posts, read 3,721,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post

Dogmatic right wingers like pueblofuerte often support or turn a blind eye to right wing violence like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll-9...ctr=1556895253
How dare you say I support let alone turn a blind eye to someone getting mobbed, lynched or burnt alive. What kind of person do you think I am?! That's way below the belt and says more about you than about me. Maybe the scarf twin depiction really hit a nerve for you to react in that way? I dunno?

That imagery is awful and just shows how the Maduro regime is inciting untold hatred and violence between factions. That is my point, I'm not at all dogmatic and something MUST be done before more people starve, die from lack of medicines or get burnt alive like that unfortunate soul. What's the point of staying in power when you're just causing misery for your people for years and years? - This is not a recent thing.

Teresa May offered to resign if parliament would vote for the EU-UK withdrawal agreement. This is what leaders should do, resign their post for the greater good. To allow for fresh, fair and independently monitored elections to alleviate polarisation and violent acts but no he remains in power and ever more authoritarian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2019, 09:44 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,397,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
How dare you say I support let alone turn a blind eye to someone getting mobbed, lynched or burnt alive. What kind of person do you think I am?! That's way below the belt and says more about you than about me. Maybe the scarf twin depiction really hit a nerve for you to react in that way? I dunno?
Yeah How dare you try to play down the suffering of people in Honduras. That is not below the belt. you and people like you constantly turn a blind eye to the violence comitted by the right and the role they have played in this mess. Right wing violence is not new to Venezuela!!

Quote:

That imagery is awful and just shows how the Maduro regime is inciting untold hatred and violence between factions.
The right was doing this way before Maduro. Again you blame Maduro for something the right had done. INCREDIBLE!!

Quote:
That is my point, I'm not at all dogmatic and something MUST be done before more people starve, die from lack of medicines or get burnt alive like that unfortunate soul. What's the point of staying in power when you're just causing misery for your people for years and years? - This is not a recent thing.

There is more people starving in Haiti, Honduras and Guatemala...Oh yeah thats right they are not white SOuth AMericans no once cares.

Quote:
Teresa May offered to resign if parliament would vote for the EU-UK withdrawal agreement. This is what leaders should do, resign their post for the greater good. To allow for fresh, fair and independently monitored elections to alleviate polarisation and violent acts but no he remains in power and ever more authoritarian.
LOL Yeah JOH in Honduras should resign.

Old 05-03-2019, 09:58 AM

Quote:
30[/b]

This video is trash. Joanna Hausmann the daughter of the economic advisor of Guaidodo. She comes from a wealthy right wing Venezuelan family and was born and raised in England. Her grandfather wrote a book called ' Disabling they left"......Yet she wants to pretend she in some centrist liberal. WHAT A JOKE!!!

Old 05-03-2019, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Yeah How dare you try to play down the suffering of people in Honduras. That is not below the belt. you and people like you constantly turn a blind eye to the violence comitted by the right and the role they have played in this mess. Right wing violence is not new to Venezuela!!
Playing down? How many fatalities related to violent protests occur across the world? It happens even in developed countries like the Gilet Jaune in France who have 10 direct deaths related to protests and some say over 100 indirect deaths. Yes of course the brutality is nothing like the paramilitary tactics employed in Honduras and other Latin American countries but you're not going to guilt trip me into saying protests and strikes to reform bills is equivalent to the situation in Venezuela. It simply isn't.

Quote:
The right was doing this way before Maduro. Again you blame Maduro for something the right had done. INCREDIBLE!!
I'm talking about the violent climate created due to his authoritarian hand - or are you denying this too? INCREDIBLE. Obviously the perpetrators are to blame for this awful act but my reference was towards the climate of authoritarianism, censorship and collapse. What have you become an expert in twisting words too now?

Quote:
There is more people starving in Haiti, Honduras and Guatemala...Oh yeah thats right they are not white SOuth AMericans no once cares.
More people starving in Honduras and Guatemala? Source please. Haiti is of course another kettle of fish its been mired in poverty since its inception and requires far more than just fresh and free elections and a foundation to start Venezuela getting back on its feet. Haiti has never been on its feet, the solution is far less clear cut.

Old 05-03-2019, 10:23 AM

Quote:
This video is trash. Joanna Hausmann the daughter of the economic advisor of Guaidodo. She comes from a wealthy right wing Venezuelan family and was born and raised in England. Her grandfather wrote a book called ' Disabling they left"......Yet she wants to pretend she in some centrist liberal. WHAT A JOKE!!!
She's not pretending, she is a centrist liberal or at least the views she expresses are and although she was born in the UK she was raised in Venezuela not the UK.

What I do have contention with is her father. He's not economic advisor to Guaido, what he used to do was work for the IMF in Venezuela before Chavez. Yes, it could be said he is part of the problem why Venezuela is the way it is now BUT she is not him or her grandfather and she has many valid points.

As for supporting Guaido or more importantly the call for fresh and free elections (admittedly I would have more respect for him if he doesn't stand himself), well most people outside the milltary and about 70%+ of the civilian Venezuelan population do support Guaido or at least his call for a return to democracy.

Old 05-03-2019, 11:07 AM

990 posts, read 879,420 times
Quote:
No Honduras just has drug cartles gangs and paramilitaries that are in cahoots with the government.
Similar what happen in México and El Salvador, for example.

Old 05-03-2019, 11:16 AM

Quote:
More people starving in Honduras and Guatemala? Source please. Haiti is of course another kettle of fish its been mired in poverty since its inception and requires far more than just fresh and free elections and a foundation to start Venezuela getting back on its feet. Haiti has never been on its feet, the solution is far less clear cut.

Quote:
The picture of children’s health in Guatemala is bleak. With just 14 million inhabitants, the country has the sorry distinction of leading Latin America in the prevalence of child malnutrition, a condition that affects nearly half of Guatemalan children under the age of five.
Combating child malnutrition in Guatemala | MDG Fund

https://www.borgenmagazine.com/u-s-f...e-to-honduras/

https://www.borgenmagazine.com/what-...n-of-migrants/

Old 05-03-2019, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVANGELISTTI View Post
Similar what happen in México and El Salvador, for example.
No not similar to Mexico and El Salvador. Much worse!

Old 05-03-2019, 01:10 PM

881 posts, read 921,784 times
Quote:
Not likely because the Right in Latin America also has a habit of being ruthless.

I hope Latin America leaves leftism-populism once and for all, as they did in Europe and most of Asia (the most developed/fastest growing countries). There are many other choices other than right wing dictatorships or populists.

But education system in all of the LatAm countries is very mediocre or bad, it's the perfect combustible for leftist populist ideas.

Quote:
Yes, because the left in the rest of Latin America only exists because of Venezuela. It didn't exist before chavez and will die after Maduro.

what I meant is that Chavista Venezuela should be the last nail in the coffin of the left, after so many failures. Basically the left failed in all countries it governed, from Nicaragua, to Argentina, to Peru under Velasco, to Ecuador, Brazil and so on.

the most succesful countries in the last 25 years in LatAm are Chile, Peru, Panama, the DR, all of them having in common being far away from lefty economics.

we should have learned from the rest of the World, especially from Southeast Asia, but the average LatAm voter is too ignorant on these subjects.

Old 05-03-2019, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joacocanal View Post

But education system in all of the LatAm countries is very mediocre or bad, it's the perfect combustible for leftist populist ideas.

And yet most Latin Americas are right wing and conservative. The proof is in the pudding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas