U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2019, 01:18 PM

431 posts, read 155,493 times

Advertisements

that guy is completely fabricating that nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2019, 08:21 PM

62 posts, read 16,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80skeys View Post
First, I haven't heard of any "machete fights" in Spain.

Second, there's no way anyone can "sneak" a machete into a club if there's security patting you down at the door.

Quit fabricating nonsense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by upthere22 View Post
that guy is completely fabricating that nonsense.
This is funny. Why would I be "fabricating" nothing? If you don't know about something it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. Let me put the first Google result:

2 groups of youths fighting with machetes in broad daylight in the Lavapies district, a district known for it's minority percentage (above 25%) whom many are Central Americans.

https://www.elperiodico.com/es/madri...madrid-7512244 Look at their appearance and clothing. You can distinguish them fastly. It's Madrid, June 2019.

Another one, this one specifically mentioning the nationality. Well known Dominican gangs based in Spain, exposing machetes in Madrid's metro railways:

Imágenes exclusivas del jefe de los trinitarios machete en mano en el Metro. More recently, last week, a guy with a machete menacing the Local Police in a neighborhood from southern Madrid.

Broad daylight machete fight in Barcelona: https://elpais.com/ccaa/2018/04/10/c...27_871972.html I can put several other sources for both cities. But do I need to?

You can google up and you'll find dozens of different articles. And yes indeed, some of them managed to smuggle the machetes in night clubs inside their pants (they used at least few years ago) or they simply walk with them in public places, hidden inside their pants. There are even live documentaries about the increase of youth central american gangs in Spain, which are replacing the "older" south american gangs.

As I said before and I repeat, most of these cases happen within youth gangs, not normal Dominicans, but gang members. I said it clearly, why in hell would I "fabricate" something like this?

Old 08-06-2019, 08:30 PM

4,577 posts, read 3,145,360 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iki1kfG2Gc8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34Jxpx3X-N4

Old 08-07-2019, 10:01 AM

6,046 posts, read 9,566,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benetton View Post
Let me put the first Google result:
Thanks for the links. I'll looked at them. So we need to clarify a few things:

The second link (Cristobal event) There's no indication that the guy is part of any organized gang. All indications are that he was a crazy guy in the park. So, this link doesn't support your case.

The first link seems like maybe could involve some youth gang. Or it could be just a young guy with a machete fooling around. The article says it involves drug related confrontatations .... Could be.

Do you have any more links? I'm not convinced based on these two.

Personally, the only problems I've seen and am aware of in Spain are with the gypsies, a group of people that is ornery and can get violent if provoked and are frequently violent amongst themselves. I haven't seen what I consider "street gangs" of the kind we have in the U.S. Not to say they don't exist in Spain but I'm not aware of anything like that there.

Old Today, 06:59 AM

5,417 posts, read 8,114,762 times
On the 5th of December in 1492 Christopher Columbus step foot on the northern coast of the island of La Española or Santo Domingo. From that day it has belong to Spain which he declare it for. In another 200 years more or less the French would create the most profitable colony in the western coast of the island.

https://dosmagazine.com/es/12-de-oct...to-de-america/

He did it on behalf of Fernando de Aragon and Isabela de Castilla, Kings of Spain.

https://www.abc.es/historia/abci-rey...9_noticia.html

The common denominator of those two men is the sword the hold with their hand or wear in their bodies.

Questions for everybody.

1. Who were the original men to use a sword in America?

2. On what geographic place did they first used it?

3. What’s the precursor of the machete in America?

4. How long did it took the French to settle on the island and get a legal and peaceful recognition from the King of Spain?

5. What society on the island not only corresponds today, but still has descendants (recognized and unrecognized) from many men that accompanied Columbus on that day?

Here is a hint: The Taino indians didn’t know how to hold a sword and knives, so many got cut from that small gesture. They used a stone that was chiseled and sharpen, but until that day had never before seen a knife and a sword.

Plop!

Old Today, 07:08 AM

5,417 posts, read 8,114,762 times
The other thing I forgot to mention was that at the Haitian Revolution between 1790’s and 1804, half of the slaves in Haiti was born in Africa and most of the other half was only one or two generations on the island. The white population over there was also overwhelmingly transient with France, if we are to believe the descriptors of the time. It was rare to see anyone reach old age (of the time) on the French part of the island because of this. It was one of the things that contrast sharply with the Spanish side of the island where most people lived to old age and died of natural causes or disease, including the minority that was in slavery.

In the last years of the French colony in the west Moreau de Saint Mery tried to justify this discrepancy by saying in his books of the Spanish side that French society lives life with “gusto” while in the Spanish side people worried more about religion and the afterlife, and lived a life of a vegetable.

Last edited by AntonioR; Today at 07:19 AM..

Old Today, 08:42 AM

6,046 posts, read 9,566,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
Questions for everybody.

Good questions Antonio, you're thinking like a scientist. The main question is: did the native inhabitants of the Americas know how to smelt metal? Being able to extract metal from ore is a prerequisite to being able to fashion weapons out of metal.

Old Today, 08:52 AM
Status: "El Paso in our thoughts and prayers" (set 3 days ago)

4,874 posts, read 4,488,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benetton View Post

2 groups of youths fighting with machetes in broad daylight in the Lavapies district, a district known for it's minority percentage (above 25%) whom many are Central Americans.
:
The people in the pics dont look central American, And if you are refering to Domincans as Central Americans, they aren't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or