Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 07:50 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,893,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVANGELISTTI View Post
You guys portuguese deny your ‘’mouro’’ (northern African) and jewish admixture so the brazilian-portuguese are only continuing your millenary culture.
That's not common a few nationalists do and it's the same one's being vocal on different platforms there is a tiny minority of racists but they are very vocal I've debated them many times and they don't have logical responses and have been pushed out of many platforms some hang around posting on youtube and other platforms where scum like them can feel a brotherhood. Now that I think of it some of them might feel right at home in the CD politics forum. However it's getting really hard for them to deny North African and Jewish admixture it any longer although it is a very minor amount. I see a very interesting pattern with some Brazilians regarding ethnicity estimates they might get an estimate of 3%-5% Sephardic Jewish and become really excited about it and have no interest in the 10% Amerindian or 12% SubSaharan African. North African and Jewish percentages are coming back significantly higher in Brazilians than in the Portuguese.

Last edited by AFP; 06-24-2019 at 08:09 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2019, 11:10 AM

990 posts, read 880,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
That's not common a few nationalists do and it's the same one's being vocal on different platforms there is a tiny minority of racists but they are very vocal I've debated them many times and they don't have logical responses and have been pushed out of many platforms some hang around posting on youtube and other platforms where scum like them can feel a brotherhood. Now that I think of it some of them might feel right at home in the CD politics forum. However it's getting really hard for them to deny North African and Jewish admixture it any longer although it is a very minor amount. I see a very interesting pattern with some Brazilians regarding ethnicity estimates they might get an estimate of 3%-5% Sephardic Jewish and become really excited about it and have no interest in the 10% Amerindian or 12% SubSaharan African. North African and Jewish percentages are coming back significantly higher in Brazilians than in the Portuguese.
Most white brazilian from not recent immigration background, imagine they could have some amerindian / black DNA but they are not aware about jewish history in Portugal… Because that they have more excitement, they think they found any unexpected and different ancestry.

Thousands of jews and new christians (mouros) fled from Spain to Portugal and from Portugal to Brazil, many from Holland to northeast Brazil too. So is pretty normal the average brazilian has some % of their DNA in his blood.

Old 06-24-2019, 11:31 AM

1,199 posts, read 724,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
People in Latin America do not commonly call themselves mulattoes. Some US Latinos whose perception of Latin America is based on what white college professors told them might and do.

You just have a reason in why the distinction really cannot be made, as someone like Michelle Obama genetically May have as much European ancestry as someone with a white grandparent.
I notice Spanish people typically say Moreno or Indian to mean black while my friend told me Mulatto is a Brazilian term for someone who is dark skin rather than just black.

Old 06-24-2019, 01:02 PM

990 posts, read 880,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatsquirrel View Post
I notice Spanish people typically say Moreno or Indian to mean black while my friend told me Mulatto is a Brazilian term for someone who is dark skin rather than just black.
In Brazil mulatto is someone like Obama. Someone whiter skinned and with overwhelming white features is called pardo.

Old 06-24-2019, 01:29 PM

1,199 posts, read 724,679 times
Quote:
In Brazil mulatto is someone like Obama. Someone whiter skinned and with overwhelming white features is called pardo.
The Brazilian guy I was in a band with who said his ethnicity was Pardo was Obama's color whereas he said would view someone who looks like Wesley Snipes as Mulatto.

Old 06-24-2019, 01:33 PM

27,557 posts, read 28,652,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Proof that Southern Europeans are genetically closer to Black Africans?

Btw they are not.
I thought there was a considerable amount of north African blood in Portuguese and Spanish people.

One would guess from thousands of years of proximity and all that.

Old 06-24-2019, 01:50 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,969,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
They get excited about Sephardic Jewish ancestry because if they can find documented proof and trace back to a specific ancestor, they can get Spanish or Portuguese citizenship or both. Beyond that no is is going to care. As I previously mentioned I used this process for Spanish citizenship and I will for Portuguese as well.

Many Latinos know nothing about real Jews and view them as just successfully people. There are real issues with poverty among Orthodox communities in Israel and NYC. There are issues of rabbis raping people. After a newborn baby is Circumsized the father and or rabbi suck his penis and this has given little boys Herpes and other diseases. Because Orthodox refuse to vaccinate their children, there’s an outbreak of measles in NYC.

Old 06-24-2019, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I thought there was a considerable amount of north African blood in Portuguese and Spanish people.

Guesses can be very wrong.......

Southern Europeans look like other Europeans mostly. They do not have Black African features.

Old 06-24-2019, 01:54 PM

Quote:
You guys portuguese deny your ‘’mouro’’ (northern African) and jewish admixture so the brazilian-portuguese are only continuing your millenary culture.
Though why would anyone care about something that happened centuries ago and is really no longer relevant?

Old 06-24-2019, 01:54 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,893,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post

There is not, there is a small amount of North African admixture in modern Spaniards and Portuguese, however some Moroccans and Algerians have a huge amount of Iberian. The Moors that lived on the Iberian peninsula for hundreds of years were equal parts North African and Iberian with smaller amounts of Levantine. It wasn't a case of North African men taking Iberian women like you would think quite a few of the male lineages of samples of Moors from the 10th-16th century had European lineages as well. None had subSaharan African origins. Those rumors have been floating for centuries and were likely started by either the Dutch or the English.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas